11 replies to this topic

#1 steve2112

steve2112

Time Lord

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,930 posts

Posted 12 November 2008 - 11:03 AM

There's a company called Vectrix that appears to make all electric scooters. I saw one on the road yesterday and it had 3 wheels, but yet wasn't a traditional "trike". I've been looking around for it and I think this is it:

But yet it's not even listed on the company website nevertheless, I saw one of these on the road in south jersey yesterday..
Posted Image

#2 pkellmey

pkellmey

Cyborg

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,225 posts

Posted 13 November 2008 - 10:31 AM

They've been all over my area for quite awhile now, but I don't think they are from that particular company. There are a number of motorcycle shops in my area that have had problems with sales due to increased local road restrictions (helmet and jacket laws, special city taxes, etc.) and they began modifying electric scooters and even golf carts for road use. The extra front wheel helps accept the heavier equipment modifications, but most people buying them really like it as a feature that provides stability safety. I don't think they will have a large market, but I think larger city or around the town niche markets will really love these things.

#3 aJadeSky

aJadeSky

Time Lord

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,170 posts

Posted 13 November 2008 - 12:33 PM

Yes because isn't parking an issue in a log of city areas and if one is just going somewhere close by I could see the advantage to them. Shame though that so many drivers have little respect for people on bikes and such. Then again, some on bikes are just as bad, lol.
Posted Image Hi

#4 siri42

siri42

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 07 September 2009 - 02:30 AM

Yep that model is really awesome. But that model doesn't exist with them. And also such bike look good in showroom as model but to use it its may be little bit difficult. rolleyes.gif

#5 A_BOY_AND_HIS_DOG

A_BOY_AND_HIS_DOG

Minbari

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 366 posts

Posted 09 September 2009 - 09:32 AM

smile.gif THIS IS A BIT OFF TOPIC

IN THE 90's I ROAD A 125 HONDA ELITE SCOOTER IT WAS RELIABLE BUT I FOUND 125cc UNDER POWERED

I GAVE IT AWAY WHEN THE FRONT FORKS NEEDED REPLACING, I BOUGHT IT USED FOR $500 SO I THOUGHT I'D PASS IT ON TO SOMEONE THAT COULD PUT $500 INTO IT AND HAVE A RELIABLE CHEEP COMMUTER (80mpg) (50mph)

I HAD MY EYE ON THE 250cc SCOOTERS BUT THAY RAN $4000 TO $5000 AND I WAS WATCHING THE USED SAILS FOR A CHEEPIE

ANYWAY WHILE WATCHING AND WEIGHTING I SAW BOTH YAMAHA AND HONDA QUIT MANUFACTURING THE 250cc SCOOTERS FOR THE 400cc MODELS THE DOWN SIDE OF THAT IS THE 400cc SCOOTERS ONLY GET 40mpg

THE WHOLE POINT OF RIDING A COMMUTER SCOOTER IS GETTING 70mpg TO 100mpg , YUA THINK?

IM GUESSING THE AMERICAN SCOOTER MARKET WAS MAINLY FAT LAZY PEOPLE TO LAZY TO USE A CLUTCH AND SHIFT A MANUAL TRANSMITION AND THAY THOUGHT A SCOOTER WAS TO SCOOT THERE FAT BUTS AROUND WITH THERE FAT WIVES ALONG FOR A SPIN AROUND THE MOTOR-HOME ONCE OR TWICE A YEAR

MAN-O-MAN, WHAT A SHAME, THE LOSS OF THE 250cc 70mpg 70mph COMMUTER SCOOTER TO PUT-PUT AMERICANS TO AND FROM THERE PLACES OF IMPLEMENT OVER THE SUMMER MONTHS

HERE IS WHAT AMERICANS CANT BUY ANYMORE (YAMAHA MORPHOUS) http://www.youtube.c...mp;pop_ads=null

AND THE (HONDA HELIX) http://www.youtube.c...p?v=JIwdBAU48c4

#6 A_BOY_AND_HIS_DOG

A_BOY_AND_HIS_DOG

Minbari

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 366 posts

Posted 09 September 2009 - 06:31 PM

smile.gif HAY THERE STEVE2112

LOOKING OVER THE VECTRIX COMPANY PROMOTIONS SOUNDS LIKE THAY ARE HEADED IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION BUT THE BATTERY TECHNOLOGY IS THE NEXT THING FOR AN ELECTRIC SCOOTER

THE M.I.T. LITHIUM MANGANESE NICKEL IS THE PRODUCT EVERYBODY IS LOOKING TO BUT IVE SEEN THE BATTERY'S ASSEMBLY LINE ON TELEVISION AND THAY HAND MAKE THEM ONE BATCH AT A TIME, LIKE THAY ARE GOING THIS ON PURPOSE TO CRIPPLE THE GREENING OF THE WORLD OR SOMETHING

ANYWAY HERE IS A VECTRIX YOUTUBE http://www.youtube.c...p?v=NI8k0c9diyE $8000 WITH A 10% REBATE IS OK

BUT I WOULD ADVISE ANYONE TO HOLD OFF BUYING ONE TILL VECTRIX UPS THE SCOOTERS TOP SPEED FROM 62mph TO 70+mph

#7 A_BOY_AND_HIS_DOG

A_BOY_AND_HIS_DOG

Minbari

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 366 posts

Posted 25 September 2009 - 07:35 AM

mad.gif Lithium Ion Batteries are one of the more promising battery technologies. Ovonics is the leading producer of Lithium Ion Batteries. Their batteries offer electric cars a 180 mile per charge range. However, Ovonics focuses on the hybrid battery market at the moment.

Ovonics was purchased by Chevron-Texaco in 2001, reportedly so Chevron-Texaco could expand their business into the emerging hybrid market. But, some in the alternative energy field see an ulterior motive, so Chevron-Texaco can suppress the development of Lithium Ion Batteries. They may have a point, as Ovonics has shown little interest in selling Lithium Ion Batteries to electric vehicle enthusiasts since purchasing the company. mad.gif

SOMEONE SHOULD ASK THE PRESIDENT AND CONGRESS TO LOOK INTO THE SUPPRESSING OF VITAL TECHNOLOGY'S SUCH AS THE M.I.T. LITHIUM NICKEL MANGANESE BATTERY

HAY! THEIRS MORE TO GOING TO WAR THAN SENDING OUR CHILDREN TO THE KILLING FIELDS

AND ANOTHER THING, BOYCOTT CHEVRON/TEXACO AND TELL THEM IF THEY DON'T LOVE AMERICA TO LEAVE ph34r.gif

http://www.youtube.c...p?v=3OHBAhwnTM4

BOYCOTT CHEVRON/TEXICO

#8 A_BOY_AND_HIS_DOG

A_BOY_AND_HIS_DOG

Minbari

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 366 posts

Posted 25 November 2009 - 03:32 PM

smile.gif BOYCOTT CHEVRON/TEXACO smile.gif

http://www.youtube.c...p?v=Yp2p78U8qcY

#9 A_BOY_AND_HIS_DOG

A_BOY_AND_HIS_DOG

Minbari

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 366 posts

Posted 26 December 2009 - 01:06 PM

ph34r.gif THE DARK SIDE ph34r.gif

RED LIGHT! http://www.youtube.c...p?v=7ukBg1omMAE

JUST A REMINDER TO THE FACT YOU MUST BE AWARE OF WHAT IS HAPPENING ALL AROUND YOU AT ALL TIMES WHEN YOU RIDE

HAVING SAID THAT I DID DO SOMETHING VERY SIMILAR, I FOUND AN OLD FACE SHIELD AND THOUGHT ID USE IT

IT WAS A FULL FACE GREEN PLASTIC SHIELD

I WAS CRUISING AROUND ON 35 MPH ROADS A SUNNY SUMMER AFTERNOON GREEN TREES EVERYWHERE AND IM JUST RIDING THEN SUDDENLY I REMEMBER "HAY! THERE IS A ALL WAY STOP HERE!" I LOCK UP THE BRAKES AND SLIDE PART WAY INTO THE INTERSECTION LOOKING INTO THE FACE OF A STARTLED DRIVER MAKING A LEFT HAND TURN AROUND ME

IT WAS THE GREEN COLOR OF THE FACE SHIELD, IT ERASED THE COLOR RED AND I DIDINT SEE THE STOP SIGN THE RED STOP LIGHT AT ALL

#10 mkp123

mkp123

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 19 October 2010 - 06:43 AM

This is a cool electric scooter and if it clicks in the market, I am sure it will set a new trend and save a lot of fuel!! I like the looks of it and the three wheels seem to be a real nice innovation as it will help more in the balance and weight distribution!! I think itíll work more for those in the urban areas for trips to the office and other short trips!! But the whole idea is great and I hope it will catch up sooner or later as we desperately need a change here!!

#11 kidsonroll

kidsonroll

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 01:14 AM

The future belongs to electric scooters. They're quiet, maneuverable, and environmentally friendly. As traffic gets worse and worse in downtown areas, scooters are going to become an attractive alternative for many people. However, battery life remains a decisive qualitative factor when it comes to electric vehicles.
Electric scooters use the improved battery technology instead of gasoline for locomotion and this makes the transportation mode more practical and demanding.
Posted Image

#12 Annoyed58

Annoyed58

Superhero

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,817 posts

Posted 10 September 2011 - 03:35 PM

The future belongs to electric scooters. They're quiet, maneuverable, and environmentally friendly. As traffic gets worse and worse in downtown areas, scooters are going to become an attractive alternative for many people. However, battery life remains a decisive qualitative factor when it comes to electric vehicles.
Electric scooters use the improved battery technology instead of gasoline for locomotion and this makes the transportation mode more practical and demanding.
Posted Image

Umm.. No.
Toys like little scooters, "smart cars", bicycles & motorcycles will never become the dominant mode of transportation in this country.
The U.S. is not an overpopulated area like many of the places these things are successful, it is spread out over a large geographical area, and these things simply lack the amenities for high speed travel over long distances that most people want.

And then there's the safety issue. Stupidity is more common than hydrogen on and around our nations highways. Just look at all the morons driving around with cell phones stuck in their ears for a quick check on this. There is no way on God's green earth that I'm going to insert my favorite hide (mine) into that environment without a significant structure, such as a large car or SUV/Truck around it. And a large number of people feel as I do in this matter.

Eventually, a replacement for gasoline or other petroleum energy sources that can match its energy density & portability will come off the drawing boards, but until that time, the conventional automobile will remain the dominant mode of transportation in the U.S.
--
"It may seem pointless but small talk is a vital dating skill. It helps to establish a rapport with your companion." - Starship Voyager's Holographic Doctor

"Perhaps there's something to be said for assimilation after all." - Former Borg Seven of Nine

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users