71 replies to this topic

#61 DreamofSummer

DreamofSummer

Caprican

• Full Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 20 August 2009 - 04:13 AM

QUOTE (txlucky1 @ Aug 8 2009, 12:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I read an article where executive producer Jeff Bell states that he knows how fans hate to have a series end without a conclusion, so, in his new series V, he says that each year will have a different story arc with a clear beginning, middle, and end.  If the show ends unexpectedly, there won't be as much anger over unfinished stories.  Good plan, I suppose.

Hopefully the other producers will start to do that, too.
Invasion was not my favorite series, but to go swim at night alone after watching it..
..somewhat scary it was.

#62 Xercia

Xercia

Contactee

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 633 posts

Posted 22 September 2009 - 01:47 PM

I saw a couple episodes of this series over the weekend. I never saw it before. It looks good but I had no idea what was happening.

Posted Image

#63 BleedingHero

BleedingHero

Caprican

• Full Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 02 October 2009 - 06:25 PM

I'm looking forward to the next mini-marathon. I'd always wanted to watch this show and then I saw it over the summer and got addicted. I really need to get caught up on I think episodes 9-12 before watching the next marathon.

#64 hchik05

hchik05

Mansquito

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 December 2009 - 06:15 AM

umm...can someone PLEASE tell me what happened to larkin & tom? or was that seriously the end? i'm dyin here!!!

#65 easygordon

easygordon

Mostly Harmless

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,978 posts

Posted 23 December 2009 - 06:52 AM

QUOTE (hchik05 @ Dec 23 2009, 07:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
umm...can someone PLEASE tell me what happened to larkin & tom? or was that seriously the end? i'm dyin here!!!

You'd have to get that information from Shaun Cassidy or one of the writers or producers for the show in order to know what they had planned for the future. That was the end of the series because ABC canceled it.

The next marathon is not until Jan. 27, and it will be episodes 6-13. If the next one after that is also eight eps then it would be 14-21, one shy of the finale.

Posted Image
Reviews of SF, Fantasy & Horror books, movies, TV, comics at templetongate.net

#66 cigarboy

cigarboy

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 30 January 2010 - 07:06 AM

So the original movie was supposed to be a dark, slow take on isolation, pill overuse and boring modern life. With a twist:she would silently watch other people being killed as long as she can find her kid and a mom so desperate to protect her child,
That's actually moving and seldom seen in a macho-dominated Hollywood. I won't say that ice cold Kidman is the right choice to depict a desperate mom, but given that her role is to often look emotionless (so she can pass as another "pod people") she doesn't do too badly.
Welcome to my world cuban cigars

#67 easygordon

easygordon

Mostly Harmless

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,978 posts

Posted 30 January 2010 - 08:51 AM

So the original movie was supposed to be a dark, slow take on isolation, pill overuse and boring modern life. With a twist:she would silently watch other people being killed as long as she can find her kid and a mom so desperate to protect her child,
That's actually moving and seldom seen in a macho-dominated Hollywood. I won't say that ice cold Kidman is the right choice to depict a desperate mom, but given that her role is to often look emotionless (so she can pass as another "pod people") she doesn't do too badly.

I still haven't seen the movie with Nicole Kidman. This forum is for the discussion of the ABC series Invasion from 2005 which has been repeating on Sci-Fi, most recently this past Wednesday.

Posted Image
Reviews of SF, Fantasy & Horror books, movies, TV, comics at templetongate.net

#68 von83

von83

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 13 February 2010 - 12:04 PM

I thought Invasion was brilliant. It should have had more seasons <_<
Are you a fan of The X-Files? Join in our continuous story... Our quest to create a new X-File. Fan fiction, episode guide and general chat about the show. Plus sci-fi TV chat, paranormal/UFO/myths/conspiracies chat and more! http://www.TheXFilesStory.info

#69 Atlantian05

Atlantian05

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 06 June 2010 - 11:37 PM

Now this was a great show that was cancelled before it's time. Wish it was still running and all that Ghost Hunters ***** was cancelled.

#70 lcdmarie

lcdmarie

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 25 June 2010 - 10:01 PM

Now this was a great show that was cancelled before it's time. Wish it was still running and all that Ghost Hunters ***** was cancelled.

me too <_<
Human Female

#71 LeannKat

LeannKat

Mansquito

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 12:14 PM

I loved Invasion. Just found it on ScyFy today. I agree with many others that it should not have been cancelled. Sometimes I get so frustrated when great shows are cancelled that I swear I'm gonna stop watching TV altogether.

#72 triptych2

triptych2

Sleestak

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 89 posts

Posted 08 October 2011 - 07:12 AM

I once saw an episode of Invasion on TV, but never really got down to watching it seriously.....I regret that today :(:(
"The real HORROR out there is REALITY!"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users