71 replies to this topic

#1 CosmicTraveller

CosmicTraveller

Contactee

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 617 posts

Posted 11 December 2008 - 10:33 PM

Does anyone know if this is a series, mini-series, or a movie? I don't know anything about "Invasion", so I have no opinion yet.
Anyway, this is a place to discuss "Invasion" or general topics that are not necessarily related to "Invasion".

Cosmic T

#2 easygordon

easygordon

Mostly Harmless

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,917 posts

Posted 12 December 2008 - 08:24 AM

QUOTE (CosmicTraveller @ Dec 11 2008, 11:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Does anyone know if this is a series, mini-series, or a movie? I don't know anything about "Invasion", so I have no opinion yet.
Anyway, this is a place to discuss "Invasion" or general topics that are not necessarily related to "Invasion".

Cosmic T

It's a series that ran for one season on ABC in 2005-6. It was created by Shaun Cassidy (American Gothic) and stars Eddie Cibrian, William Fichtner, Kari Matchett, Lisa Sheridan and Tyler Labine. That same year there were two other alien invasion series, Threshold on CBS and Surface on NBC. All three didn't make it to a second season, but in my opinion Invasion was the best of them.

Posted Image
Reviews of SF, Fantasy & Horror books, movies, TV, comics at templetongate.net

#3 bf6067

bf6067

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 12 December 2008 - 01:52 PM

QUOTE (easygordon @ Dec 12 2008, 09:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It's a series that ran for one season on ABC in 2005-6. It was created by Shaun Cassidy (American Gothic) and stars Eddie Cibrian, William Fichtner, Kari Matchett, Lisa Sheridan and Tyler Labine. That same year there were two other alien invasion series, Threshold on CBS and Surface on NBC. All three didn't make it to a second season, but in my opinion Invasion was the best of them.

There were only 2 shows being talked about in my office back then. One of them was LOST and the other was Invasion. Invasion was an awesome show. I did watch Threshold but never saw Surface. I had to choose otherwise I would have checked it out. Anyway, Invasion left with a killer of a finale which left everyone dieing to see what happened next. ABC, as always, killed the show. ABC has a reputation for killing off popular shows because of inferior means for determining viewership. Can you tell I am a bit annoyed with ABC?

#4 panamarandy

panamarandy

Screaming Brain

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7,427 posts

Posted 15 December 2008 - 11:41 AM

I am glad to see they gave INVASION its own thread, but it would be nice if they showed it on tv. Invasion was one of the best shows on tv. I have the boxed set of the series and watch it when I can......Great show.
Posted Image Posted Image

#5 easygordon

easygordon

Mostly Harmless

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,917 posts

Posted 15 December 2008 - 05:12 PM

QUOTE (panamarandy @ Dec 15 2008, 12:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I am glad to see they gave INVASION its own thread, but it would be nice if they showed it on tv.

It starts airing on Sci-Fi on Friday, January 23.

Posted Image

#6 panamarandy

panamarandy

Screaming Brain

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7,427 posts

Posted 16 December 2008 - 01:34 AM

I am gonna e-mail some friends up north who loved the show too.

#7 backstep

backstep

Contactee

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 749 posts

Posted 06 January 2009 - 12:57 PM

I would love to see scifi pick up Surface and continue the series. It be nice at least to have an ending to the story instead of leaving with the cliff hanger.

#8 fmiloveu

fmiloveu

Viper Pilot

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 137 posts

Posted 06 January 2009 - 03:53 PM

QUOTE (CosmicTraveller @ Dec 11 2008, 10:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Cosmic T

OK are they going to have any new episodes or just re-run all the old ones. I loved this show sooo much and was a perfect show for after lost. Dose anyone know anything about new ep's?
Angel
"you were my constent, my touchstone"

#9 fmiloveu

fmiloveu

Viper Pilot

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 137 posts

Posted 06 January 2009 - 03:55 PM

Dose anyone know if there will be any new episodes. This show was the perfect follow-up for Lost. It SUCKED when it was cancelled.

Attached Images

• MV5BMTk3MTA2MzkwM15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwNDI0MDM4__V1__CR0_0_359_359_SS100_.jpg

Angel
"you were my constent, my touchstone"

#10 easygordon

easygordon

Mostly Harmless

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,917 posts

Posted 06 January 2009 - 04:03 PM

This is just like a lot of other old series they've bought the repeat rights for (Firefly, Jericho, Odyssey 5, Dead Like Me, Jeremiah).

No new episodes are going to be produced, and based on their track record for the past couple of years we'll be lucky to even get to see all 22 episodes before they yank it from the schedule.

Posted Image

#11 panamarandy

panamarandy

Screaming Brain

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7,427 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 04:07 PM

yea, your probably right, But we can hope they will allow the 22 to air.....

#12 danny61

danny61

Viper Pilot

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 142 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 06:13 PM

I watched Surface, Invasion & Threshold and thought all three were excellent, but seeing as how they were broadcast network shows, and really full sci-fi genre shows they were doomed from the get-go.
It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt M. Twain

#13 LuluTyme

LuluTyme

Mansquito

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 January 2009 - 07:44 PM

I am new to this. biggrin.gif

QUOTE (CosmicTraveller @ Dec 11 2008, 10:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Cosmic T

#14 LuluTyme

LuluTyme

Mansquito

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 January 2009 - 07:46 PM

I am new to this. Anyone out there?

#15 panamarandy

panamarandy

Screaming Brain

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7,427 posts

Posted 12 January 2009 - 04:38 PM

yup, I am here...

#16 Donovan448

Donovan448

Viper Pilot

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 120 posts

Posted 12 January 2009 - 08:25 PM

QUOTE (easygordon @ Dec 12 2008, 08:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes! I agree that "Invasion" was the best of them! Such a shame that it got cancelled, but at least we have one season. Better to have one than none.
www.youtube.com/donovan448

SEMPER FI!

#17 panamarandy

panamarandy

Screaming Brain

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7,427 posts

Posted 19 January 2009 - 02:38 PM

yea, I watched that series every week. I thought for sure the grass roots campain to bring it back would work, but nope......

#18 markitect

markitect

Minbari

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 371 posts

Posted 23 January 2009 - 02:33 PM

I watched every ep when it first aired and was very disappointed when it got canceled without any resolution. None-the-less, I will be watching tonight.

#19 panamarandy

panamarandy

Screaming Brain

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7,427 posts

Posted 23 January 2009 - 09:36 PM

Just finished watching the pilot episode. It was great seeing it back on tv even if I have watched it a dozen times on DVD...

#20 FixMemory

FixMemory

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 24 January 2009 - 02:58 PM

QUOTE (panamarandy @ Jan 23 2009, 09:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Just finished watching the pilot episode. It was great seeing it back on tv even if I have watched it a dozen times on DVD...

"Families Alien Dynamics"

I don't want to be too negative about this show,
but this family acted very alien/strange even befor the lights fell from the sky.
A hurricane is coming, and the 5 year old girl gets lost.
What does the family do: 1) the mother drives away without even trying to look;
2) both the bother and uncle go back inside the house to drink more beer;
3) the father jumps in his truck to search for the girl, eventhough she has been missing only 5 minutes. How for can a 5 year old walk ing 5 minutes, maybe a 100 yards?

This type of bad directing is what caused the ratings to drop.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users