567 replies to this topic

#1 CosmicTraveller

CosmicTraveller

Contactee

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 617 posts

Posted 11 December 2008 - 10:44 PM

This is the first post for the "Moonlight" "General Discussion Thread".
Does anyone know anything about "Moonlight"? You can discuss it here or in other threads.
You can also discuss things in general here.

Cosmic T

#2 Rhuen1

Rhuen1

Foo Fighter

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 12 December 2008 - 02:54 AM

have they shown commercials for this yet, this is the first I've heard of this.

I hope its not a Forever Knight or Angel clone.
The Fantasy/Sci-fi novel series begins, join Hollia and Rhulan as dark forces converge on Stratalia
Secrets of Aesperia book 1: Stratalia Conspiracy.
now available at Leanpub.

#3 LibrarianEmie

LibrarianEmie

Slan

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 15,884 posts

Posted 13 December 2008 - 12:35 AM

Isn't this the show that aired on CBS last year until the writers strike and then it got the ax? It was interesting.
Posted Image
Posted Image
signature created by manicmonkeyinspce
Be kind to the EARTH..it has chocolate!

Posted Image

#4 Seanad

Seanad

Caprican

• Full Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 13 December 2008 - 06:44 AM

QUOTE (LibrarianEmie @ Dec 13 2008, 01:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Isn't this the show that aired on CBS last year until the writers strike and then it got the ax? It was interesting.

Moonlight is one of the best Vampire tales ever told. I am an avid fan and loved every single episode. 16 in total. Basic overview. Main characters are Mick St John Our Vamp and Hero Private Investigator. Oh and by the way he is 85 years old. Beth Turner an internet reporter for buzzwire. They have history but Beth does not remember Mick. So starts a friendship that blossoms and brings us on a thrill ride that should have never ended. I would recommend this series to anyone who loves their scifi or vamp stories. I am delighted Scifi has decided to air this very addictive story. You will not be disappointed.

Main Characters

Mick played by the very delicious Alex O'Loughlin
Beth played by the very alluring Sophia Myles

Supporting Characters

Josef Kostan played by the debonair Jason Dohring, Micks best friend who happens to be 400 years old
Coraline Duvall played by the stunning Shannyn Sossomon, Micks ex wife and who turned him into Vamp

Give Moonlight a chance you will be captivated by it. Also won PCA Peoples Choice Award this past January.

Im here because I love Moonlight, Proud member of LLOL www.llolnetwork.ning.com Alex O Loughlin Fan Site
Posted Image

#5 SoN2Alex

SoN2Alex

Mansquito

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 December 2008 - 09:17 AM

I am so excited that the Sci-Fi channel is going to air MOONLIGHT!!! This is absolutely the best vampire show I have ever seen. Actually it's the best show i've ever seen period! It literally has something for everyone. Action, Humor, Romance, Drama and of course the Sci-Fi aspect...Not to mention the most GORGEOUS vampire PI to ever grace a television screen!!!

Thank you Sci-Fi channel for bringing this fantastic vampire drama to your network, thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

#6 skyee777

skyee777

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 13 December 2008 - 10:18 AM

I think Moonlight starts Jan 23 Friday Night Moonlight night begins again!!!! I am so excited this was one of the best shows ever on television.......
Posted Image
Posted Image
I guess I am a delicate flower. -Mick St. John

#7 sandhopper

sandhopper

Mansquito

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 December 2008 - 10:22 AM

QUOTE (skyee777 @ Dec 13 2008, 11:18 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think Moonlight starts Jan 23 Friday Night Moonlight night begins again!!!! I am so excited this was one of the best shows ever on television.......

I totally agree, and can't wait for the show to air on Sci-Fi!! Kind of like a late Christmas present!!

#8 LadyAyla

LadyAyla

Mansquito

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 December 2008 - 10:46 AM

QUOTE (CosmicTraveller @ Dec 11 2008, 11:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This is the first post for the "Moonlight" "General Discussion Thread".
Does anyone know anything about "Moonlight"? You can discuss it here or in other threads.
You can also discuss things in general here.

Cosmic T

Thank you for starting this fourm and here is two reason's why Moonlight is so good:

Ayla

#9 lynnrxgal

lynnrxgal

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 13 December 2008 - 11:24 AM

QUOTE (LadyAyla @ Dec 13 2008, 11:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thank you for starting this fourm and here is two reason's why Moonlight is so good:

Ayla

Oh yes, our two favorite vamps! Their friendship is one of the best aspects of Moonlight... funny, insightful, sweet (in a guy's way). I so so thrilled that Moonlight will be back on television and on the same night and time as last year (Friday 9 est/8cst). Gotta get my shirt ready that says, "It's Friday. Do you know where your vampire is?"

SciFi, you're the best for giving us Mick and the gang back!

#10 Ter05

Ter05

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 13 December 2008 - 12:41 PM

QUOTE (Rhuen1 @ Dec 12 2008, 03:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
have they shown commercials for this yet, this is the first I've heard of this.

I hope its not a Forever Knight or Angel clone.

It's not! It is the most incredible vampire/mortal love story unlike anything else ever on television. If it is similar to anything ever done in the vampire genre that I have seen, it is Twilight. The wonderful Mick St. John and his friend Josef Kostan are far from teens though- turned when they were 30 so this is definitely grown up! Mick was turned 85 years ago and Josef is 400 years old. If you like a romance with incredible chemistry and supernatural elements, super heroes, action, great writing, humor - Moonlight has it all. Mick is a detective but that is pretty much all the similarity to Angel. The other half of the romance, Beth Turner (mortal), is beautifully played by Sophia Myles who plays a vampire in Underworld. Yes, I am a fan! My favorite television show of all time. This show sizzles but done tastefully so the family can watch. So glad SCIFI has chosen to rebroadcast the show!

#11 Tamy777

Tamy777

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 13 December 2008 - 12:56 PM

Just wanted to drop in to say a BIG Thank you to Sci Fi channel for bringing back this truly amazing show.With all the vampire genre going on right now this was a smart move biggrin.gif
Posted Image
Banner By Moonmaiden*hugs* whereever you are

#12 lanouette

lanouette

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 13 December 2008 - 01:23 PM

Moonlight is a melting pot of delightful romantic, action, funny scenes which are staged by a creative and imaginative story line and performed by talented and magnificent actors in amazing sets. I love everything in this outstanding and amazing show.
Moonlight was a shinning star which lighted up my Friday nights and I was upset when Moonlight was cancelled. Moonlight changed definitely the way I watch TV : I don't want anymore lame shows, I better read or listen to the music

Thanks a lot to Sci Fi channel to re run Moonlight !!!
Posted Image

#13 Dusk2Dawn01

Dusk2Dawn01

Mansquito

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 December 2008 - 01:24 PM

Hello, I'm new to this forum. I'm Dusk2Dawn and I'm very glad to be here. I saw Moonlight when it first aired on cbs and was hooked within the first 5 minutes !!! I think you will be pleasantly surprised by this series. The story lines are great, lots of action and the chemistry between the characters is like none other that I've seen before. This is a show that touched me on many different levels and I hope that you all will enjoy it as much as I did !!! I'm so very happy that Sci-Fi is bringing Moonlight to its audience. smile.gif

#14 laurapes

laurapes

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 13 December 2008 - 01:36 PM

I am so happy SciFi is giving us back Moonlight. I am not a big TV person, but Moonlight was diferent , this show has everything, Love , Action , Vampires in love with humans, great music .... I have not been hooked to a show since college , so believe me , this show is great....I am 35 years old and I have to say that even if we always had SciFi we never watched it . But from now on , SciFi will be our favorite channel. Thanks so much !!!

#15 Hools5

Hools5

Mansquito

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 December 2008 - 01:44 PM

I am truly grateful to Sci Fi for airing our beloved Moonlight again and I can't wait until the 23rd January, I am soooo excited. Moonlight is one of the best shows to come along in a very long time and was taken away from us way before its time.

#16 Kellydm1970

Kellydm1970

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 13 December 2008 - 01:58 PM

Moonlight was the most ingenious new series CBS dared to air. The show was great and I'd love to see SciFi order more episodes than originally aired. If you like vampire heros, great action scenes, talented actors and new storylines then tune in!

#17 jakey69

jakey69

Mansquito

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 December 2008 - 02:08 PM

I'm also new to this board. Had to come and add my thanks to Sci Fi for airing Moonlight beginning Jan 23. I love this show and it is the only one I sit in front of my tv to watch.
It has a bit of everything and the actors have such great chemistry. I fell in love with all of the characters and can't wait to see them again.
Thank you, Sci Fi. You have my undying gratitude. And I will check out some of your other shows.

#18 Swims4

Swims4

Mansquito

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 December 2008 - 02:40 PM

I want to add my thanks to the SciFi Channel for bringing Moonlight to us again. This is a series that I can watch over and over again and see something new in it each time. I have told all my friends who didn't get to see it the first time around that they HAVE to watch it here on SciFi so they'll know what the heck I've been raving about for a year.

#19 FKFanLHobbs29

FKFanLHobbs29

Sleestak

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 87 posts

Posted 13 December 2008 - 03:00 PM

Thank you Sci-Fi for airing Moonlight, Jan23rd cannot come quick enough.

#20 Texasgal

Texasgal

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 13 December 2008 - 03:06 PM

I'm ridiculously ecstatic that Moonlight will be shown on Sci-Fi. Perhaps more people will get to see this amazing show and fall in love with it just like we fans did.

Thank you, Sci-Fi for picking up the show so that we can relive it all over again. smile.gif

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users