• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 ThisMarch

ThisMarch

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 24 January 2009 - 06:52 PM

Given the clever nature RDM has with double-takes, it is likely that Roslin is not the dying leader.  The thread about Adama being that leader is good thinking.

I think Ellen will be returning soon.  I wonder if she is, in some sense, the wisest or eldest Cylon.  Her comment about everything being in place could be a good thing for humanity, rather than a bad thing.

It would be interesting to see that Ellen plays out to be the dying leader.  I don't have good ideas about wasting disease, etc., but interesting nonetheless.

Gathered on the wings of an angel...Ellen?

Speculatingly yours,
DF

#2 Autopath

Autopath

Caprican

• Full Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 24 January 2009 - 11:25 PM

QUOTE (ThisMarch @ Jan 24 2009, 07:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Given the clever nature RDM has with double-takes, it is likely that Roslin is not the dying leader. The thread about Adama being that leader is good thinking.

I think Ellen will be returning soon. I wonder if she is, in some sense, the wisest or eldest Cylon. Her comment about everything being in place could be a good thing for humanity, rather than a bad thing.

It would be interesting to see that Ellen plays out to be the dying leader. I don't have good ideas about wasting disease, etc., but interesting nonetheless.

Speculatingly yours,
DF

huh...now this is an interesting thought. Maybe Tigh's poisoned drink didn't kill her, but maybe it's slowly killing her. Maybe Cavil has her...he sure did like frakking her. He could know what she is or have no idea at all.

#3 BSGFraKkeR

BSGFraKkeR

Cyborg

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,399 posts

Posted 24 January 2009 - 11:28 PM

QUOTE (ThisMarch @ Jan 24 2009, 07:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Given the clever nature RDM has with double-takes, it is likely that Roslin is not the dying leader. The thread about Adama being that leader is good thinking.

I think Ellen will be returning soon. I wonder if she is, in some sense, the wisest or eldest Cylon. Her comment about everything being in place could be a good thing for humanity, rather than a bad thing.

It would be interesting to see that Ellen plays out to be the dying leader. I don't have good ideas about wasting disease, etc., but interesting nonetheless.

Speculatingly yours,
DF

Don't you mean Laura. Wasn't she supposed to be the dying leader and not Adama?
Are you alive?
bsgfrakker- the cylons only hope of salvation. Keep the war going. Support the cylons. Must destroy the colonials. We are the true children of humanity.
We are returning home, today!
We will rule with one true God.

Posted ImagePosted Image Posted Image

#4 BSGFraKkeR

BSGFraKkeR

Cyborg

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,399 posts

Posted 24 January 2009 - 11:29 PM

I'm not sure how Adama would fall into that category since he didn't believe in the Scrolls of Pythia in the first place. Guess we'll see.
Are you alive?
bsgfrakker- the cylons only hope of salvation. Keep the war going. Support the cylons. Must destroy the colonials. We are the true children of humanity.

#5 doormouse

doormouse

Dune Messiah

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,125 posts

Posted 24 January 2009 - 11:29 PM

Yeah, the wasting disease is something real tough to overcome for any of the non-Roslin dying leader theories.

My question is, why do we care so much about an alternate 'dying leader'? Other than shock value, what does it provide to the plot?
Every time I comb my hair... thoughts of you get in my eyes.

#6 Autopath

Autopath

Caprican

• Full Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 24 January 2009 - 11:31 PM

QUOTE (BSGFraKkeR @ Jan 25 2009, 12:28 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Don't you mean Laura. Wasn't she supposed to be the dying leader and not Adama?

There's another thread where someone has proposed that Laura was never the dying leader, that Adama was. He or she up there is proposing that maybe it's not Adam OR Laura....maybe it's Ellen.

#7 BSGFraKkeR

BSGFraKkeR

Cyborg

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,399 posts

Posted 24 January 2009 - 11:31 PM

QUOTE (doormouse @ Jan 25 2009, 12:29 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah, the wasting disease is something real tough to overcome for any of the non-Roslin dying leader theories.

My question is, why do we care so much about an alternate 'dying leader'? Other than shock value, what does it provide to the plot?

You're right. Nothing. As long as they get where they need to be.
Are you alive?

#8 Autopath

Autopath

Caprican

• Full Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 24 January 2009 - 11:32 PM

QUOTE (doormouse @ Jan 25 2009, 12:29 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Because speculating is what we do here on the BSG forums. It's the only way we can survive between episodes or hiatus.

#9 BSGFraKkeR

BSGFraKkeR

Cyborg

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,399 posts

Posted 24 January 2009 - 11:34 PM

QUOTE (Autopath @ Jan 25 2009, 12:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
There's another thread where someone has proposed that Laura was never the dying leader, that Adama was. He or she up there is proposing that maybe it's not Adam OR Laura....maybe it's Ellen.

Yeah I understand but, I can't really picture anyone else in my head who was a leader...unless they mean a leader like someone who follows them...say someone like Starbuck. She supposedly already died, right?
Are you alive?

#10 doormouse

doormouse

Dune Messiah

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,125 posts

Posted 24 January 2009 - 11:34 PM

QUOTE (Autopath @ Jan 25 2009, 12:32 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Because speculating is what we do here on the BSG forums. It's the only way we can survive between episodes or hiatus.

true, true.

but in this case, I just think it's such a non-issue. The wasting disease thing is pretty much a done deal.

Every time I comb my hair... thoughts of you get in my eyes.

#11 Autopath

Autopath

Caprican

• Full Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 24 January 2009 - 11:45 PM

QUOTE (doormouse @ Jan 25 2009, 12:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
true, true.

but in this case, I just think it's such a non-issue. The wasting disease thing is pretty much a done deal.

True. Well hey, seems like everyone's dying anyway. Laura's wasting away, Adama's popping pills and drinking, Gaeta's descending into extremist madness, even Starbuck looks bizarre lately.

God knows what Ellen's going to be like when she shows up. Maybe the dying leader's the whacked-out hybrid from the Cylon ship or maybe it's Caprica Six. Maybe her baby's going to explode from her stomach a la Alien.

I guess we'll have to wait and see.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users