PKD1178

Dune Messiah

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,408 posts

Posted 07 February 2009 - 08:34 AM

QUOTE (thunderboy @ Feb 7 2009, 08:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Frakking cool!!!

I love the way they make the battlestars look like machines. I know 'The Captain's Hand' doesn't get a lot of love, but I thought it was great the way Garner saved the Peggy by belting the cr@p out of a valve with a wrench, as opposed to doing it Trek-stylee: waving a beeping salt cellar over a console that looks like a giant IPhone, while chanting techno-babble nobody understands.
CRAIG RANAPIA

#4 Skalami

Skalami

Contactee

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 680 posts

Posted 07 February 2009 - 08:37 AM

shows what kinda series Galactica is that we didnt even see the engine room till the end of the series
Frakking Galactica: http://www.milkandco...k/66708/detail/

Proof RDM randomly chooses who becomes a skin job: http://www.adultswim...11e085abc830273 its a few seconds in.

How to behave on an internet forum: http://www.videojug....-internet-forum

#5 Bullethead

Bullethead

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 07 February 2009 - 08:51 AM

QUOTE (PKD1178 @ Feb 7 2009, 09:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I love the way they make the battlestars look like machines. I know 'The Captain's Hand' doesn't get a lot of love, but I thought it was great the way Garner saved the Peggy by belting the cr@p out of a valve with a wrench, as opposed to doing it Trek-stylee: waving a beeping salt cellar over a console that looks like a giant IPhone, while chanting techno-babble nobody understands.

These people are the same as us just got better tech. I think thats why u can relate so well. If this wasn't in space say it was about the survial of a city going to another continent do u thunk it would be as enjoyable?

#6 PKD1178

PKD1178

Dune Messiah

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,408 posts

Posted 07 February 2009 - 09:31 AM

QUOTE (thunderboy @ Feb 7 2009, 08:51 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
These people are the same as us just got better tech. I think thats why u can relate so well. If this wasn't in space say it was about the survial of a city going to another continent do u thunk it would be as enjoyable?

Not completely sure what you're driving at, but I'm kind of left cold by antiseptic SF where the technology is almost indistinguishable from magic.
CRAIG RANAPIA

#7 MysterySquadron

MysterySquadron

Peacekeeper

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 523 posts

Posted 07 February 2009 - 09:42 AM

QUOTE (PKD1178 @ Feb 7 2009, 10:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Not completely sure what you're driving at, but I'm kind of left cold by antiseptic SF where the technology is almost indistinguishable from magic.

Magic? Well I suppose that to your primitive Neanderthal brain, it would seem that science is magic. biggrin.gif

#8 shadoo

shadoo

Peacekeeper

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 571 posts

Posted 07 February 2009 - 09:50 AM

QUOTE (MysterySquadron @ Feb 7 2009, 09:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Magic? Well I suppose that to your primitive Neanderthal brain, it would seem that science is magic. biggrin.gif

IN all HONESTY, the big bang theory is beyond magic, magic is usually bringing together forces to bring about an event, where as the big bang instigator relies heavily on eleven dimensions and existential Membranes and the opportunistic gravitons which moves freely between them. So if you believe in the big bang, you must believe in FTL, hell, followers of the big bang should have no problem believing in the slip stream from andromeda: even slipstream science could be calculated and placed in an equation which makes sense far easier than; big universal explosions from infinitely compacted sources which mysteriously gained energy from alternate 'branes.
WOO MASTER

#9 didymos1120

didymos1120

Mostly Harmless

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,758 posts

Posted 07 February 2009 - 10:35 AM

QUOTE (shadoo @ Feb 7 2009, 06:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
IN all HONESTY, the big bang theory is beyond magic, magic is usually bringing together forces to bring about an event, where as the big bang instigator relies heavily on eleven dimensions and existential Membranes and the opportunistic gravitons which moves freely between them. So if you believe in the big bang, you must believe in FTL, hell, followers of the big bang should have no problem believing in the slip stream from andromeda: even slipstream science could be calculated and placed in an equation which makes sense far easier than; big universal explosions from infinitely compacted sources which mysteriously gained energy from alternate 'branes.

You realize basically none of what you wrote is even remotely established by any evidence at all, right, and thus isn't offered up as the explanation for existence? The Big Bang doesn't rely on any form of M-Theory, even just a little bit. It relies on observational data first and foremost, combined with general relativity and some aspects of quantum theory, and has been around way longer than any string theory, much less M-Theory which is very, very recent. No one's even detected a graviton yet, either, for that matter.

#10 Skalami

Skalami

Contactee

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 680 posts

Posted 07 February 2009 - 10:41 AM

QUOTE (didymos1120 @ Feb 7 2009, 10:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You realize basically none of what you wrote is even remotely established by any evidence at all, right, and thus isn't offered up as the explanation for existence? The Big Bang doesn't rely on any form of M-Theory, even just a little bit. It relies on observational data first and foremost, combined with general relativity and some aspects of quantum theory, and has been around way longer than any string theory, much less M-Theory which is very, very recent. No one's even detected a graviton yet, either, for that matter.

WOULD YOU GUYS PLEASE STOP THIS STUPID PRETENTIOUS ARGUMENT... YOURE BOTH EGG HEAD ********

Also all of what we think happened is based on incomplete information we dont even know what we dont know as far as factors in the BB. thats just my stupid 2 cents

Proof RDM randomly chooses who becomes a skin job: http://www.adultswim...11e085abc830273 its a few seconds in.

#11 shadoo

shadoo

Peacekeeper

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 571 posts

Posted 07 February 2009 - 11:13 AM

QUOTE (didymos1120 @ Feb 7 2009, 10:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

nah, big bang theory relies on it (M-theory whose it) just enough to be more unbelievable than supernatural. The Physical laws of the universe and the big bang remains forever at odds. All the attempts to amplify the subatomic with imaginative diddums and cordial what not remain forever philosophic.

Any attempt by any one to do otherwise is not only wishful thinking, but surpasses the belief necessary for regular folks of faith to follow. There are hug

leaps in logic and explanation, of how key components relative to what we know as the here and now came about. Big Bang supporters like to say

that if One can't prove something, then it is philosophic. For the big bang to have occured, major componants of m-theory must be realized, and among

these the existence of extra dimensions, and according to quatum mechanics, this isn't just improbable, but very possible. That in itself is

philosophical; because there is no way in heck, any one can prove or disapprove it. So its a crutch, a silly train theorist jumps on for convenience.

The concept of dark matter is new because decades of stated facts were undone the deeper and further we saw into space.

Lets play God's Advocate, I know a bit about the mechanics of what supposedly happened during the big bang and I used the ultimate cosmic hyperbole:

LEFT

RIGHT

STRAIGHT

Simple no? I've always surmised that God is the ultimate Computer programmer. He using his vast knowledge, C++ maybe some assembly, and a

a compiler/executor/editor, his ultimate means by which; his holy spirit. He constructed all that is. The physical laws and cosmic behaviors we rely

upon, are simple programs executing their stored functions left right or straight. bol true false, what ever.

But if that is too much for you. think of it like this. This forum we rely upon, according to big bang theorist, had to come about by itself, with all the

amenities. How do I know this, proability. Let us say that there must be sixteen lefts four straights then sixteen rights, followed by 6R 4S 7L, for this

board to have occurred, dozens of dice which have either S L R on them is thrown and for them to have fallen correctly in their proper position is

near impossible on the first try. probability. Times all that by trillions and you have the big bang? really?

WOO MASTER

#12 Skalami

Skalami

Contactee

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 680 posts

Posted 07 February 2009 - 11:21 AM

we know practically nothing about how the BB happened or if itwas a BB. We put together all this info we have, observations and calculations to figure out the equation. But we dont know what we dont know and their are probably a million other variables that we have no idea about that would need to be factored in.

Discussing it is fine but having an argument over it like you have enough knowledge to make a call on how it came to be is just dumb

#13 mileslegionis146

mileslegionis146

Sleestak

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 83 posts

Posted 07 February 2009 - 11:53 AM

QUOTE (PKD1178 @ Feb 7 2009, 09:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I looked up Ron Moore on IMDB a while back, and it's funny you mention it in relation to Star Trek, b/c he had a major hand in TNG and Voyager. Take a look....

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0601822/

#14 shadoo

shadoo

Peacekeeper

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 571 posts

Posted 07 February 2009 - 12:50 PM

QUOTE (Skalami @ Feb 7 2009, 11:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
we know practically nothing about how the BB happened or if itwas a BB. We put together all this info we have, observations and calculations to figure out the equation. But we dont know what we dont know and their are probably a million other variables that we have no idea about that would need to be factored in.

Discussing it is fine but having an argument over it like you have enough knowledge to make a call on how it came to be is just dumb

argument, no neighbor, argumentative it isn't. I was just bring forth comparisons of philosophic reasoning. That is why the FTL is so probable, in a universe where according to most the big bang most have happened, then FTL's is but centuries away, if not sooner
WOO MASTER

#15 MadcowVulcan

MadcowVulcan

Wacky Professor

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,559 posts

Posted 07 February 2009 - 01:01 PM

About time they had a cool engine room.
Liberals suppress free speech more then any other group. Bill Maher On CNNs reliable sources.

#16 bigpapa400lb

bigpapa400lb

Caprican

• Full Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 07 February 2009 - 01:08 PM

It looks like a huge electro-magnet.

#17 shadoo

shadoo

Peacekeeper

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 571 posts

Posted 07 February 2009 - 01:18 PM

QUOTE (bigpapa400lb @ Feb 7 2009, 01:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It looks like a huge electro-magnet.

A graviton inducer, yes

A graviton inducer: It sends gravitons into a fixed location in space, the vessel follows the gravitons into the graviton portal and they pop back out according to the duration of one in this graviton vein which runs just beneath this layer of the physical universe for the time necessary then pop back up once arriving at the prescribed coordinates.

According to big bangs and M whats it, gravitons are the only particles which can travel effortless between the various branes, thus, a graviton riding the under current of graviton wakes ---think a stream you place the ball down for a time, release it and it pops back up, but not where it went in, but further down the stream, thus it would have been covered or invisible, and seemingly pop up out of no where to an observer who sees a ball pop up in the middle of said stream.
WOO MASTER

#18 maxbell

maxbell

Chosen One

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 27,782 posts

Posted 07 February 2009 - 01:21 PM

Indeed.

The presence of an engine room proves the existence of BBs.

Take that, unbelievers!

C A P R I C A N

#19 BSGMarine

BSGMarine

Viper Pilot

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 154 posts

Posted 07 February 2009 - 01:27 PM

I'm a big supporter of "The Big Bang Theory"... that Sheldon Character is so funny!!!!

oh Sci fi forum you're an evil mistress..... I want my post count back

#20 CylonHybrid

CylonHybrid

Cyborg

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,441 posts

Posted 07 February 2009 - 01:29 PM

QUOTE (shadoo @ Feb 7 2009, 01:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
argument, no neighbor, argumentative it isn't. I was just bring forth comparisons of philosophic reasoning. That is why the FTL is so probable, in a universe where according to most the big bang most have happened, then FTL's is but centuries away, if not sooner

Everyone come quick, Jimmy O toole just built one in his shed the other day..
Is ea an cylon criochnaitheach na athair hera

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users