Photo
- - - - -

Who is daniel?

• Please log in to reply
168 replies to this topic

Poll: Who is this 7 dude(tte) (118 member(s) have cast votes)

So, who is he/her?

1. Gaeta? (8 votes [6.78%])

Percentage of vote: 6.78%

2. Gaeta? (1 votes [0.85%])

Percentage of vote: 0.85%

3. Gaeta? (1 votes [0.85%])

Percentage of vote: 0.85%

4. Billy? (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

5. Boxey? (2 votes [1.69%])

Percentage of vote: 1.69%

6. Baltar? (7 votes [5.93%])

Percentage of vote: 5.93%

7. Colonel Sanders? (4 votes [3.39%])

Percentage of vote: 3.39%

8. Starbuck? (19 votes [16.10%])

Percentage of vote: 16.10%

9. Starbuck's Old Man? (42 votes [35.59%])

Percentage of vote: 35.59%

10. Daniel was just Daniel. He was a clever last-minute solution to a numbering gap (7 votes [5.93%])

Percentage of vote: 5.93%

11. A young version of Zarek? (0 votes [0.00%])

12. President Aidar? (0 votes [0.00%])

13. Lee's brother? (Zack) (9 votes [7.63%])

Percentage of vote: 7.63%

14. Jammer? (0 votes [0.00%])

15. Elosha? (2 votes [1.69%])

16. Captain Crunch? (4 votes [3.39%])

17. Captain America? (0 votes [0.00%])

18. Mayor Cottle? (Dr) (2 votes [1.69%])

19. Dirk Bennedict? (6 votes [5.08%])

Percentage of vote: 5.08%

20. Gaeta? (4 votes [3.39%])

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 javilesi

javilesi

Viper Pilot

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 195 posts

Posted 14 February 2009 - 10:15 AM

Speculation and rumor mill is at all time high. Who is this new Cylon? Will we see Daniel?

Probably not in the next episode, which imho is another filler.

#2 erelar

erelar

Minbari

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 205 posts

Posted 14 February 2009 - 10:18 AM

QUOTE (javilesi @ Feb 14 2009, 11:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Speculation and rumor mill is at all time high. Who is this new Cylon? Will we see Daniel?

Probably not in the next episode, which imho is another filler.

Cylons are choosing whether or not to stay with the fleet, a major plot point to the story arc and you call that filler?

The woman king was filler, learn the definition of filler please.

Posted Image

#3 doormouse

doormouse

Dune Messiah

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,125 posts

Posted 14 February 2009 - 10:19 AM

Thanks to TheOriginalGC for this post:

From the podcast:

“And this little mystery that we were able to mine out of the numbering system. I mean the numbers of the 12 models, you know we’ve always said there were 12 Cylon models. But then we realized at some point that we had posited Sharon as a number 8, and that was before we came up with the idea of the Final Five. And so, five plus eight does not equal twelve. And so that became a question how that could have been. And doesn’t that make 13? And what were the implications of that? We kind of like put a pin [?] in the idea of the 13th Cylon for a long time because I didn’t really want to go there, didn’t want to make it yet another, 'Who’s the Final Cylon?' I didn’t want to raise, you know, false mysteries on that front. But what it did is it gave us a chance to sort of talk about, you know, a piece of back story that became really interesting. About Cavil and about Cavil wiping out an entire model that he was jealous of as sort of the Cain and Abel moment of this myth.”

Daniel was just Daniel. He was a clever last-minute solution to a numbering gap.
Every time I comb my hair... thoughts of you get in my eyes.

#4 MysterySquadron

MysterySquadron

Peacekeeper

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 523 posts

Posted 14 February 2009 - 10:26 AM

I am going with with Daniel either being Kara or Kara's father.

If Daniel were Kara, it would explain why she was able to resurrect after crashing on Earth. Its also plausible because Ellen said that Cavil tainted the Daniel line and changed it. Perhaps from being the sensitive male artist (which Ellen described him to be) into an insane, macho female (who still has an obsession about painting). It would also be a tounge-and-cheek riff by the writers on how they reimaged Starbuck as a girl for the new BSG.

He could also be Kara's father. Which would also explain why Kara might have been able to resurrect. Also, Kara once said that her father was a musician.

Whoever Daniel was, it is clear that he was very dear to Ellen:

Daniel is travelling tonight on a plane
I can see the red tail lights heading for Spain
Oh and I can see Daniel waving goodbye
God it looks like Daniel, must be the clouds in my eyesThey say Spain is pretty though I've never been
Well Daniel says it's the best place that he's ever seen
Oh and he should know, he's been there enough
Lord I miss Daniel, oh I miss him so muchDaniel my brother you are older than me
Do you still feel the pain of the scars that won't heal
Your eyes have died but you see more than I
Daniel you're a star in the face of the skyDaniel is travelling tonight on a plane
I can see the red tail lights heading for Spain
Oh and I can see Daniel waving goodbye
God it looks like Daniel, must be the clouds in my eyes
Oh God it looks like Daniel, must be the clouds in my eyes

#5 didymos1120

didymos1120

Mostly Harmless

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,758 posts

Posted 14 February 2009 - 10:34 AM

QUOTE (doormouse @ Feb 14 2009, 07:19 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Daniel was just Daniel. He was a clever last-minute solution to a numbering gap.

I salute your valiant efforts to stem the tide of silliness. Now get out while you still can.

#6 MysterySquadron

MysterySquadron

Peacekeeper

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 523 posts

Posted 14 February 2009 - 10:37 AM

QUOTE (doormouse @ Feb 14 2009, 10:19 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hey, this was not one of the options in the Poll. So it must not be true. tongue.gif That, and it would make too much sense.

#7 erelar

erelar

Minbari

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 205 posts

Posted 14 February 2009 - 10:39 AM

From the podcast:

“And this little mystery that we were able to mine out of the numbering system. I mean the numbers of the 12 models, you know we’ve always said there were 12 Cylon models. But then we realized at some point that we had posited Sharon as a number 8, and that was before we came up with the idea of the Final Five. And so, five plus eight does not equal twelve. And so that became a question how that could have been. And doesn’t that make 13? And what were the implications of that? We kind of like put a pin [?] in the idea of the 13th Cylon for a long time because I didn’t really want to go there, didn’t want to make it yet another, 'Who’s the Final Cylon?' I didn’t want to raise, you know, false mysteries on that front. But what it did is it gave us a chance to sort of talk about, you know, a piece of back story that became really interesting. About Cavil and about Cavil wiping out an entire model that he was jealous of as sort of the Cain and Abel moment of this myth.”

Yea after listening to Ronald's podcast, i'm pretty sure of that too now, i guess i got swept up in the thought of another "who's the final cylon?" hysteria.

Posted Image

#8 mlorbos

mlorbos

Peacekeeper

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 482 posts

Posted 14 February 2009 - 10:44 AM

I can only vote for one option sad.gif

What actually happened was John Cavil corrupted his goo-bath fluid or whatever which corrupted the DNA and resulted in a whole lot of of other Daniels - different heights, races and genders. The Daniels are:

Billy
Gaeta
Baltar
Zarek
Dualla
Starbuck
Roslin
Zak Adama
Cottle
Matthias
Nowart
Kelly
Hoshi
Cain
Kendra Shaw

Oh, and I almost forgot, Daniel is also both 'Young' and 'Aged' versions of all the aforementioned characters.

#9 EnGal

EnGal

Cyborg

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,335 posts

Posted 14 February 2009 - 12:36 PM

QUOTE (mlorbos @ Feb 14 2009, 10:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I can only vote for one option sad.gif

What actually happened was John Cavil corrupted his goo-bath fluid or whatever which corrupted the DNA and resulted in a whole lot of of other Daniels - different heights, races and genders. The Daniels are:

Billy
Gaeta
Baltar
Zarek
Dualla
Starbuck
Roslin
Zak Adama
Cottle
Matthias
Nowart
Kelly
Hoshi
Cain
Kendra Shaw

Oh, and I almost forgot, Daniel is also both 'Young' and 'Aged' versions of all the aforementioned characters.

I thought of that before you !

YOU STOLE MY THEORY !

Jk.

xD

Posted Image

Posted Image

( Credit to Frakfest for the bomb)

#10 Patriot1970

Patriot1970

Sleestak

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 86 posts

Posted 14 February 2009 - 12:53 PM

I think Daniel is the father of Kara.

Remember, Ellen said Daniel was an artist and very emotional.

I think Daniel somehow made it to earth and had a baby with a human woman before Cavil finished off the last of his kind.

Viola, you have Kara.

Kara grew up with a single disgruntled Mom, who basically hated her.

Maybe Kara, being the offspring of Daniel somehow has imprinted memories in her DNA, and recalls some of his memories and also carries his artistic ability as well. Perhaps even though Daniel was suppsoedly destroyed by Cavil, he didn't destroy all of him, because he lives on in Kara. Thus, I think even though Kara is the natural child of Daniel, she inherited Daniel's ability to resurrect.

This is why Kara resurrected after being killed. She essentially inherited the ability, and resurrected in her father's place.

#11 mlorbos

mlorbos

Peacekeeper

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 482 posts

Posted 14 February 2009 - 12:56 PM

Sorry biggrin.gif tongue.gif

#12 Vishniac

Vishniac

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 14 February 2009 - 12:56 PM

I know who Daniel is! He is one of the actors in the show "Caprica". The show is in development.

#13 Motoki

Motoki

Mostly Harmless

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts

Posted 14 February 2009 - 01:03 PM

From the podcast:

Exactly. Thank you. It was a problem solver and they did it in a very clever way that added something to Cavil's character and fleshed him out.

I liked last night's episode. It recalled Greek Tragedy, the Bible and Milton. But people on this board have been so trained with stuff like Lost and M. Night Shyamalan that everything has to be made into some stupid cheap trash plot twist to be shocking or reveal something merely for the sake of doing it.

Not everything is some mystery to solve. Some things are just written to explain something and/or are background to enhance the story and that's fine.
Posted Image

#14 Bearack

Bearack

Contactee

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 732 posts

Posted 14 February 2009 - 01:06 PM

I still think we will get to meet Daniel in a very soon episode.

Think piano player if you will.
Posted Image

“Smoking kills. If you're killed, you've lost a very important part of your life.”

Brooke Shield

#15 mysfit101

mysfit101

Minbari

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 380 posts

Posted 14 February 2009 - 01:07 PM

Daniel was supposedly killed off by "john" but clearly he was around long enough for a personality, long enough to provoke jealousy by "John Cavil" and I thought Kara'a response to Sam saying "Daniel" was fascinating.

Kara you're sure it's Daniel"?

Sam-yeah

Kara immediately says prep him for surgery.

Sam claiming Daniel was #7 sure seemed to provoke an immediate response from Kara. Of course were Daniel to be Kara's father then Kara, not Hera would be the first cylon-human offspring so that really can't be possible.

So yes her response was interesting but somehow I doubt it means what so many think it obviously does mean.

Too obvious and messes up the storyline with Hera.
They that give up liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety

#16 AeraLure

AeraLure

Peacekeeper

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 480 posts

Posted 14 February 2009 - 01:11 PM

Daniel = Baltar imho.

#17 Bearack

Bearack

Contactee

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 732 posts

Posted 14 February 2009 - 01:14 PM

World, meet Daniel.

Posted Image

“Smoking kills. If you're killed, you've lost a very important part of your life.”

Brooke Shield

#18 doormouse

doormouse

Dune Messiah

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,125 posts

Posted 14 February 2009 - 01:16 PM

QUOTE (mysfit101 @ Feb 14 2009, 01:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So yes her response was interesting but somehow I doubt it means what so many think it obviously does mean.

She was just trying to find out if SHE was the last cylon or not, given her discovery of her corpse on Earth.
Every time I comb my hair... thoughts of you get in my eyes.

#19 Motoki

Motoki

Mostly Harmless

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts

Posted 14 February 2009 - 01:17 PM

QUOTE (mysfit101 @ Feb 14 2009, 01:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Daniel was supposedly killed off by "john" but clearly he was around long enough for a personality, long enough to provoke jealousy by "John Cavil" and I thought Kara'a response to Sam saying "Daniel" was fascinating.

Kara you're sure it's Daniel"?

Sam-yeah

Kara immediately says prep him for surgery.

Sam claiming Daniel was #7 sure seemed to provoke an immediate response from Kara. Of course were Daniel to be Kara's father then Kara, not Hera would be the first cylon-human offspring so that really can't be possible.

Too obvious and messes up the storyline with Hera.

She had a response because she so desperately wants to find out who or what she is. She now believes herself to be a cylon, but there was no place for her among the 12 models. It left her as something ambigous. Maybe a cylon, maybe human. Maybe something else. When she hears there is another cylon she doesn't know about, similar to Baltar in season 3, she just wants to know about it because she hopes it might be her. That she can find a place to belong and get some closure.

It's understandable and does not have to be some clue for some twist.
Posted Image

#20 TheMadCoder

TheMadCoder

Wacky Professor

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,671 posts

Posted 14 February 2009 - 01:18 PM

No "Slick" in the list? I figured that would be the most blatantly obvious choice...
My hair-brained theory thread(s):

Write Your Own Series 4 Finale! (Doctor Who)

Starbuck is Pythia! (Battlestar Galactica)

Teacher's of SciFi.com! (General Science Fiction)

"All of this has happened before. All of this will happen again."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users