38 replies to this topic

#1 solaraguy11

solaraguy11

Sleestak

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 50 posts

Posted 26 February 2009 - 09:17 PM

One thing I've always wondered about this subject and particularly brought on by this show is why would any spirit stay where they are or make it a point to "haunt" the location we claim them to be stuck in. I realize this is an entirely broad question with many answers that could be found spiritually or otherwise however I'm just looking for the everyday man discussion here.

If you think about it we are so curious as to why a spirit, or paranormal activity would happen at a place or choose to haunt those that live or inhabit a certain area. I often wonder what would posses a spirit good or evil to interact with the living. Are we talking about realms of reality here, they are "living/stuck" in one while we interact in this world. If they are stuck, I want to know why they can't move on to the afterlife whatever their path is good or bad. It would seem that the evil spirits have nothing but time on their hands to torment the living in which case they really are the reason to find a motive to move on.

For that matter the question I would love to discuss and what drives me is what thrill would a spirit have to react to our direct questions, I'm sure they if intelligent don't want to be beckoned like dogs to come when we ask but then again if they do respond as knocks or footsteps or touching the investigators in any way what do the spirits get or want out of the situation. It would seem that all GHI or paranormal investigators go in with the notion to help the dead communicate with the living however I do not see how we could help them get what they want, it turns out ending in a confirmation that they exist not that we the living can assist them to a final resting place.

Isn't that the point of what the people who live in residences that are "haunted" want? To have the spirits gone especially if evil?

I believe there is something to the theory that each area has a "time stamp" or history of events that repeat itself almost like a playback loop but I'd like to believe things happen for a greater reason. I know it goes beyond the scope of the 1 hour show but i'm sure of you espeically in the paranormal community have theories..

Let me know...

Thanks
Remember, no matter where you go there you are

What was will be and what is will be no more

#2 margo

margo

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 27 February 2009 - 05:34 AM

Maybe the "other side" is just incredibly boring and we seem fascinating by contrast??? LOL!

Good question tho!
Spirits don't scare me. Drink enough of them and I feel all warm and fuzzy!

#3 solaraguy11

solaraguy11

Sleestak

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 50 posts

Posted 28 February 2009 - 12:10 AM

MY god you can all call me solar if you want but I picked the name SOLARA GUY based on the car I own a SOLARA... anyway I like solar it works too.

PS I picked the generic phont from this progam, I think it was bruce wayne hahahahh

#4 faustlove

faustlove

Superhero

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,745 posts

Posted 28 February 2009 - 06:21 AM

QUOTE (solaraguy11 @ Feb 28 2009, 12:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
MY god you can all call me solar if you want but I picked the name SOLARA GUY based on the car I own a SOLARA... anyway I like solar it works too.

PS I picked the generic phont from this progam, I think it was bruce wayne hahahahh

I just thought you were a devotee of Master CHIN!! laugh.gif But pardon my car ignorance . . . what is a Solara??
I'm just "Fluido en miedo!"
Posted Image Posted Image A foolish consistancy is the hobgoblin of little minds. Emerson
"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forego their use." Galileo
If it's true that our species is alone in the universe, then I'd have to say the universe aimed rather low and settled for very little. George Carlin

#5 TheNightGoat

TheNightGoat

Superhero

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,069 posts

Posted 28 February 2009 - 06:36 AM

Have you ever left your house in the morning, you get in your car and you're halfway to work and that's when the thought occurs to you that you may have left the toaster plugged in, or maybe the water running? And then you struggle with the indecision whether to turn the car around and go back and check or just forge on and let the insurance company handle it...

Ghosts are simply people who have died and cannot remember unplugging the toaster.
Evil, hell, Satan, goat, cheese, pickles,
onions on a sesame seed bun.

We will send 'round the most murkiest murkmen from Murkton
On a Monday, which is a murky day....

#6 Dreamsinger

Dreamsinger

Muppet of Science

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 12,099 posts

Posted 28 February 2009 - 12:23 PM

QUOTE (TheNightGoat @ Feb 28 2009, 03:36 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Have you ever left your house in the morning, you get in your car and you're halfway to work and that's when the thought occurs to you that you may have left the toaster plugged in, or maybe the water running? And then you struggle with the indecision whether to turn the car around and go back and check or just forge on and let the insurance company handle it...

Ghosts are simply people who have died and cannot remember unplugging the toaster.

So does this mean we can lure them into a trap with toasters? biggrin.gif

#7 solaraguy11

solaraguy11

Sleestak

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 50 posts

Posted 01 March 2009 - 02:40 AM

Well that does answer certain elements of my question but I still cannot figure why the spirit would want to communicate with the "living" world at our request, I can't imagine they think we could help them move to a final resting place... hmm makes you wonder...

PS now the whole toaster reference has me thinking of the second Ghost Busters movie with the slime.... very funny.

#8 sympathyforthedevil

sympathyforthedevil

Dune Messiah

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,123 posts

Posted 01 March 2009 - 04:08 PM

QUOTE (solaraguy11 @ Mar 1 2009, 02:40 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well that does answer certain elements of my question but I still cannot figure why the spirit would want to communicate with the "living" world at our request, I can't imagine they think we could help them move to a final resting place... hmm makes you wonder...

PS now the whole toaster reference has me thinking of the second Ghost Busters movie with the slime.... very funny.

I have thought this also. I think they are in their own dimension, that we are not privy to.

#9 Blair13

Blair13

Caprican

• Full Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 04 March 2009 - 12:38 PM

QUOTE (solaraguy11 @ Feb 26 2009, 09:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
One thing I've always wondered about this subject and particularly brought on by this show is why would any spirit stay where they are or make it a point to "haunt" the location we claim them to be stuck in. I realize this is an entirely broad question with many answers that could be found spiritually or otherwise however I'm just looking for the everyday man discussion here.

If you think about it we are so curious as to why a spirit, or paranormal activity would happen at a place or choose to haunt those that live or inhabit a certain area. I often wonder what would posses a spirit good or evil to interact with the living. Are we talking about realms of reality here, they are "living/stuck" in one while we interact in this world. If they are stuck, I want to know why they can't move on to the afterlife whatever their path is good or bad. It would seem that the evil spirits have nothing but time on their hands to torment the living in which case they really are the reason to find a motive to move on.

For that matter the question I would love to discuss and what drives me is what thrill would a spirit have to react to our direct questions, I'm sure they if intelligent don't want to be beckoned like dogs to come when we ask but then again if they do respond as knocks or footsteps or touching the investigators in any way what do the spirits get or want out of the situation. It would seem that all GHI or paranormal investigators go in with the notion to help the dead communicate with the living however I do not see how we could help them get what they want, it turns out ending in a confirmation that they exist not that we the living can assist them to a final resting place.

Isn't that the point of what the people who live in residences that are "haunted" want? To have the spirits gone especially if evil?

I believe there is something to the theory that each area has a "time stamp" or history of events that repeat itself almost like a playback loop but I'd like to believe things happen for a greater reason. I know it goes beyond the scope of the 1 hour show but i'm sure of you espeically in the paranormal community have theories..

Let me know...

Thanks

One of my theories that ghosts remain on earth after they have passed on is that maybe they are bound to this earth by objects, land they were buried on, or maybe, in certain cases, they are attatched to certain people. For instance, If I died, I wouldn't want to continue on into another place, I'd want to stay behind and watch my children grow up, even if I was dead. I also think that there are a select few who are afraid, who envy the living and wish to live again. Again, If I died, I wouldn't want to continue on, how would you know you wouldn't disperse- noting that you are only a mass of energy- and disappear, losing your sense of self, of mind, and of even life itself? In certain murders one who has been killed would also stay behind until their killer is dealed equivalence. Mainly what the whole thing sums up to is fear or unfinished business. I know it's kind of..... practical to say that but I guess it is in the eye of the beholder.

Nothing more than a mere dream, our life comes and goes, we live, we die. We write our own stories and live our own lives. Only death can end it all.

#10 RyanNREMTP

RyanNREMTP

Dune Messiah

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,884 posts

Posted 04 March 2009 - 12:45 PM

All we have are theories and ideas, no facts. My theory that I picked up from others is that when we see a ghost it is a psychic imprint from a powerfully emotion event that happened in the past. The soul of the person isn't there, that has passed on. Most people call these residual hauntings since they replay over and over again.

Other possibilities is the ghost has something to do before it passes on. Say for example someone was murdered and the murderer went on unpunished, the ghost will stay around trying to get someone to help them find some justice in the world. Sometimes that call goes unanswered and the ghost remains. This could be called an intelligent haunting.
Posted Image
Pull Grant's collar for the PICT website.

#11 Cvinxten

Cvinxten

Time Lord

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,414 posts

Posted 04 March 2009 - 01:04 PM

All I can tell you is that my friends and I have agreed that when we die we are all to meet at the C.N. Tower. We have a deal that if two of us dies and only 1 lives than the 2 dead guys haunt the other guy!

I think that ghosts don't want to move on and are just lonely. Some could be real jerks and wanted to continue bullying the nerd they had been bullying for years.

I think I would want someone to talk to when I died to help me get through the fact that I was dead.
Darkside Members:
Cvinxten
coolj0098
duckie7694
If you want to join just PM me.

JOIN THE FIGHT

Save SGA mailing campaign http://forums.scifi....owtopic=2319230
Save Atlantis forum http://forum.saveatlantis.com/
Petition http://www.petitions...itions/SaveSGA/
Campaign site http://www.wix.com/SaveSGA/Campaign

#12 sith13

sith13

Mostly Harmless

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,308 posts

Posted 04 March 2009 - 05:03 PM

QUOTE (solaraguy11 @ Feb 26 2009, 06:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Let me know...

Thanks

Because we're cool like that. cool.gif

drblackwings.gif

#13 solaraguy11

solaraguy11

Sleestak

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 50 posts

Posted 04 March 2009 - 09:31 PM

Wow thanks to all of you for helping me understand my own question better, I didn't think of it in the ways that you have presented me. I have to admit these explanations take the "fear" out of it when we could possibly reason why things happen..

PS I could think of a bunch of people i'd love to annoy before I finally go now that you put it that way.

#14 bootiful

bootiful

Minbari

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 345 posts

Posted 04 March 2009 - 09:57 PM

I, personally, am going to annoy the ***** out of people when I pass on. All in fun, fella's.

#15 ghfansandiego

ghfansandiego

Minbari

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 214 posts

Posted 04 March 2009 - 10:13 PM

Could be they don't know they are dead, if that could happen, unfinished business, worried about someone they left behind, something left unsaid, needs one more Bud-Light.
One thing for sure, we will find out for sure someday. tongue.gif

#16 solaraguy11

solaraguy11

Sleestak

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 50 posts

Posted 04 March 2009 - 10:27 PM

QUOTE (ghfansandiego @ Mar 4 2009, 11:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Could be they don't know they are dead, if that could happen, unfinished business, worried about someone they left behind, something left unsaid, needs one more Bud-Light.
One thing for sure, we will find out for sure someday. tongue.gif

OK on the random happening that we should cross in the afterlife, I'll make you a deal.... I'll bring you the bud light if you bring the Guinness... hahahhah

#17 ghfansandiego

ghfansandiego

Minbari

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 214 posts

Posted 04 March 2009 - 10:31 PM

IT IS A DEAL.............

#18 bootiful

bootiful

Minbari

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 345 posts

Posted 04 March 2009 - 10:34 PM

Personally, I prefer Corona and Coors Light. Anyone want to party with me? Wine's always good also. We make our own.

#19 eph61018

eph61018

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 05 March 2009 - 01:59 PM

There's an easy answer, altho' it's less PC than anyone wants to accept; Demons like to toy with the earthly living and will imitate the deceased to fool us into thinking that they are trapped human souls, even nice good benevolent spirits. They also understand and speak different languages. Not much credit is given to demonic activity. It doesn't take much like ouiji boards, seances to or satanic rituals to get them going.

#20 littlesnow

littlesnow

Superhero

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,285 posts

Posted 05 March 2009 - 02:06 PM

QUOTE (eph61018 @ Mar 5 2009, 01:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
There's an easy answer, altho' it's less PC than anyone wants to accept; Demons like to toy with the earthly living and will imitate the deceased to fool us into thinking that they are trapped human souls, even nice good benevolent spirits. They also understand and speak different languages. Not much credit is given to demonic activity. It doesn't take much like ouiji boards, seances to or satanic rituals to get them going.

I do believe there are negative energies around...for whatever reasons.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users