18 replies to this topic

#1 TwiceWise

TwiceWise

Wacky Professor

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,819 posts

Posted 13 March 2009 - 04:28 PM

I have been looking for a way to make electricity for about two years. My research has led me to the following.

1. Solar panels - expensive and easily destroyed by hail
2. Wind power - has to have a tower and would take about three windmills to power the average home
3. Solar generator - Mirrors focus light on a boiler - heat is intense and dangerous, requires special fluids to work
4. Cow power - use cow patties to create methane gas, the gas can power a propane generator
5. Browns Gas - create your own hydrogen through electrolysis, uses more energy than it produces
6. Wind ribbons - only works on the micro level, wouldn't create enough energy for a single light bulb
7. Self made solar panels - low power, would require a lot of them

Does anyone know of a technology that would actually work and that a technological novice like me could produce?

The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible.

.................................................................................................................................Arthur C. Clarke

#2 TECHFACTOR

TECHFACTOR

Viper Pilot

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 115 posts

Posted 13 March 2009 - 08:26 PM

I got your message I do know how to build such A device. I would like to share this machine for I think everyone needs one of these to relieve demand on the grid. Lessen the demand, lower the cost;more money in everyones pockets is the way I see it.
I do not wish to give it away and make no money from it though I have other inventions to pay for;And I want to do this for A living.
The machine is still in the development stage and I am looking for some help with the work of bringing it to life.
still interested? TECHFACTOR:OUT
Warning contents may explode under pressure!!!

#3 TwiceWise

TwiceWise

Wacky Professor

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,819 posts

Posted 14 March 2009 - 10:24 AM

QUOTE (TECHFACTOR @ Mar 13 2009, 08:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I got your message I do know how to build such A device. I would like to share this machine for I think everyone needs one of these to relieve demand on the grid. Lessen the demand, lower the cost;more money in everyones pockets is the way I see it.
I do not wish to give it away and make no money from it though I have other inventions to pay for;And I want to do this for A living.
The machine is still in the development stage and I am looking for some help with the work of bringing it to life.
still interested? TECHFACTOR:OUT

It depends. I have to know a lot more than I do right now before I will even be able to give a well reasoned answer. For example the Magnetic Motor looked pretty good for awhile and it seemed as if a couple of guys in Australia had perfected it. They said that they would bring it to market within 12 months and it would provide plentiful electricity for everyone. That was five years ago. I haven't heard anything about it since then.

So, I'm interested if you have a real product that is truly capable of providing 100% of the electrical needs of a residence. I am not interested if you are in the beginning stages and need 10 years of experimentation before the thing is ready for market. Depending on where you live and what I can do to help, I might be interested. Give me some more information and we can go from there.

The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible.

.................................................................................................................................Arthur C. Clarke

#4 TECHFACTOR

TECHFACTOR

Viper Pilot

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 115 posts

Posted 14 March 2009 - 08:50 PM

The problem with giving more info is there isn't much more to give;this is A very simple design and the only worry I have about it is the fact of it being so simple I ask myself why hasn't any one came up with it previously?
I am A pretty smart person and have came up with several inventions that I took A loss on; I would like to know you A little better and maybe move this conversation to A more private setting. I am not too up on this computer thing is there A room that we can talk privately?
And this will not deliver 100% of electrical needs;but instead offers A buffer of anywhere between 30 to 100% from your local electric co. depending on the weather. It must have the sunshine to work.
Energy can be stored via rechargeable batteries but probably not enough to make it through the night unless you go to bed with the chickens. On cloudy days this machine don't work and you would have to depend on your local power grid.
In some cases I foresee months when it is really sunny your light bill would be zero;make more electicity than you use and the electric co by law has to pay you for it!
The true power of this machine is not the power it provides for the individual;because everybody has cloudy days;but not everybody at the same time! There for the demand on the grid is less and the electricity cost less for those of us having A cloudy day! Look forward to your next post. TECHFACTOR:OUT

#5 TwiceWise

TwiceWise

Wacky Professor

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,819 posts

Posted 15 March 2009 - 12:40 AM

QUOTE (TECHFACTOR @ Mar 14 2009, 08:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The problem with giving more info is there isn't much more to give;this is A very simple design and the only worry I have about it is the fact of it being so simple I ask myself why hasn't any one came up with it previously?
I am A pretty smart person and have came up with several inventions that I took A loss on; I would like to know you A little better and maybe move this conversation to A more private setting. I am not too up on this computer thing is there A room that we can talk privately?
And this will not deliver 100% of electrical needs;but instead offers A buffer of anywhere between 30 to 100% from your local electric co. depending on the weather. It must have the sunshine to work.
Energy can be stored via rechargeable batteries but probably not enough to make it through the night unless you go to bed with the chickens. On cloudy days this machine don't work and you would have to depend on your local power grid.
In some cases I foresee months when it is really sunny your light bill would be zero;make more electicity than you use and the electric co by law has to pay you for it!
The true power of this machine is not the power it provides for the individual;because everybody has cloudy days;but not everybody at the same time! There for the demand on the grid is less and the electricity cost less for those of us having A cloudy day! Look forward to your next post. TECHFACTOR:OUT

That's fair. I will contact you with an email address where you can reach me. Then we can email back and forth.

There is actually another way to store and use electricity during the night. You can use an electric pump to pump water into a tower during the day. And then you can make electricity with a hydro-power generator as the water runs down out of the tower at night.

In the mean time. What is your thoughts on this: Inventor Discovers New Method to Make Electricity?

#6 TECHFACTOR

TECHFACTOR

Viper Pilot

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 115 posts

Posted 15 March 2009 - 10:21 AM

QUOTE (TwiceWise @ Mar 15 2009, 01:40 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That's fair. I will contact you with an email address where you can reach me. Then we can email back and forth.

There is actually another way to store and use electricity during the night. You can use an electric pump to pump water into a tower during the day. And then you can make electricity with a hydro-power generator as the water runs down out of the tower at night.

In the mean time. What is your thoughts on this: Inventor Discovers New Method to Make Electricity?

I wasn't about to set and read that entire book that guy had wrote;Hmmm A 4000 pound weight? For under 1000 dollars the size of A motor block?
I'm A little more than skeptical of this guy;he sounds like he has A chip on his shoulder.
I find that also out of place for A preacher?

My Daddy (G.R.His soul) had A saying; if you can't astound them with brilliance,Baffle them with bullSh-T!!!
I may be wrong; (God forgive me for questioning one of your angels.) I would love for this to be true;but 2003, where is it?
I will talk to you more on your E-mail. TECHFACTOR:OUT

#7 A_BOY_AND_HIS_DOG

A_BOY_AND_HIS_DOG

Minbari

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 366 posts

Posted 27 March 2009 - 07:34 AM

QUOTE (TwiceWise @ Mar 13 2009, 04:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have been looking for a way to make electricity for about two years. My research has led me to the following.

2. Wind power - has to have a tower and would take about three windmills to power the average home

6. Wind ribbons - only works on the micro level, wouldn't create enough energy for a single light bulb

Does anyone know of a technology that would actually work and that a technological novice like me could produce?

smile.gif HI TWICEWISE,
SURE THE TEC IS SLOW IN COMING AND EXPENSIVE

http://www.popularme...ge/4216780.html

AND THERE IS THE NANOSOLAR SOLAR PANEL AT 99 CENTS A WATT BUT YOU CANT BUY ONE

A THIN FILM TEC WITH A THREE YEAR BACK LOG ON ORDERS AND THE ONLY REASON YOU CANT HAVE THEM IS GREED mad.gif

#8 Scifidad12

Scifidad12

Viper Pilot

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 142 posts

Posted 22 April 2009 - 12:28 PM

There is no way to cheaply generate electricity for your home or it would be done already. I know I'm an Electrical Engineer and would love some way to do this and save $.

There is only so much energy in a square foot of sunlight.

The gentleman, pastor (I doubt) is overly reluctant to tell anyone how or to see his “imaginary” invention, so watch out for “I just need a little money”, then “I just need a little more” and … or to disclose my multi-million dollar invention you need to BUY stock an interest in it, send me your money or just give me your credit card number, you’ll make a million dollars off a one thousand dollar investment.

Sound too good to be true. Ever hear that before.

You’ve also won the Nigerian Lottery and all you need is to send me $1000 and I’ll deposit $1,000,000 in your back account.

Go look at http://www.solardecathlon.org/ and see how the smartest minds with a lot of $ did in a competition against each other.

#9 Kamalayka

Kamalayka

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 07 June 2009 - 11:59 PM

I personally believe that wind power and solar power are the direction of the future.
From what I understand, researchers are always looking for ways to create more efficient solar panels.
(wow, how about that... a form of energy that is not from the Middle East!!)
Two things in life I have accomplished:
Earned my Ph.D,

and won 5 dollars in the lottery...

Woopie!!

#10 MadcowVulcan

MadcowVulcan

Wacky Professor

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,559 posts

Posted 29 June 2009 - 06:48 PM

There was a guy a website but the page was on my old computer and it died. He built a windmill for if I remember correctly for 200 bucks. 4 kw.
Liberals suppress free speech more then any other group. Bill Maher On CNNs reliable sources.

#11 A_BOY_AND_HIS_DOG

A_BOY_AND_HIS_DOG

Minbari

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 366 posts

Posted 07 July 2009 - 03:37 PM

QUOTE (MadcowVulcan @ Jun 29 2009, 07:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
There was a guy a website but the page was on my old computer and it died. He built a windmill for if I remember correctly for 200 bucks. 4 kw.

smile.gif LOOKY WHAT I JUST FOUND MADCOWVULCAN smile.gif

http://sites.google....site/colabhere/

#12 dont

dont

Peacekeeper

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 478 posts

Posted 19 July 2009 - 07:21 PM

nothing thats cheap
for anyone who reads this post please don't take it as a personal attack

#13 Ricker56

Ricker56

Mansquito

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 31 July 2009 - 09:19 PM

http://www.findportablesolarpower.com/

This link is for a website that has some information and links that might be useful for you. There are two pitfalls to watch for. Do not get involved with anything that cannot be checked by multiple sources and there are more and more sites every week with info. I would use a few different search engines at least weekly and check the government sites as well.

#14 eletrox

eletrox

Mansquito

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 June 2010 - 04:43 PM

i recently have been looking deeper into this subject and trying to figure out if its true or not (confusing topic with alot of bad references from skeptics) but i posted a review for magni work after i got on recently its pretty fascinating how they use attraction and repulsion to generate power .(yea its a old trick) but not many looked into it

http://hubpages.com/...ate_electricity

#15 DanielRJackson

DanielRJackson

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 03:15 PM

To generate a good amount of electrical power with
allot of horse power behind it. I suggest you use wood gas, to power
a small combustion engine that powers an electrical generator.
The technology has been well developed in the past century
in other countries. The first piston and spark plug invented
ran on wood and coal gas. The first automobile powered by
wood gas was invented in 1902 by Thomas Parker. You can
look up wood gas at Wikipedia and find lots of web sites
devoted to the subject.

The reason that I suggest this is that the cost is affordable
and the investment cost recovery time for a wood gas power
plant is perhaps the best investment per watt of power, and you
will recover your cost the quickest with such a system as
compared to other renewable energy systems.

Check this link out: http://www.gekgasifier.com/

IN other words it is a market ready solution with on the market
high tech wood gas products. Do a little research and you might be
blown away with these products. Do a Google search for more information.
Look up, stand up, have hope, and go forwards..

#16 PissedofVulcan

PissedofVulcan

Screaming Brain

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7,884 posts

Posted 31 July 2010 - 06:54 AM

If you have a stream by your house you can use a micro hydro generator. Cheap and easy to use.

104,000 Tons of Diplomacy

Posted Image

4.5 Acres of Sovereign American Territory any where in the world you want to put it.

#17 madhav400

madhav400

Mansquito

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 10:56 PM

1. Solar panels - expensive and easily destroyed by hail
3. Solar generator - Mirrors focus light on a boiler - heat is intense and dangerous, requires special fluids to work
4. Cow power - use cow patties to create methane gas, the gas can power a propane generator
5. Browns Gas - create your own hydrogen through electrolysis, uses more energy than it produces
7. Self made solar panels - low power, would require a lot of them

a process from plants and trees is that to collect oxygen released from them and react it with hydrogen to give lots of heat which can be used to heat water to make steam to turn the turbins

#18 Annoyed58

Annoyed58

Superhero

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,675 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 12:23 PM

I'd suggest one of two things..

1: Collect all the environmental nuts you can, chain them to bicycles in the back yard, and use 'em to power a generator. Food costs might make this impractical, however.
2: Collect all the environmental nuts you can, stack 'em up like cordwood in the back yard & use the resulting heat to power a generator via steam turbines or some such. Open fires might run afoul of local regulations, however.

No, I'm not really suggesting slavery or burning people.

However, it's no more absurd than some of the suggestions these folks would like us to adopt, like the U.N. levying carbon use taxes, or any of the other ways they can extort money from the U.S. citizen or burning our food supply for energy (ethanol)

Eventually, there will be a practical replacement for petroleum based energy generation, but we don't have one yet, at least not for portable needs.
--
"It may seem pointless but small talk is a vital dating skill. It helps to establish a rapport with your companion." - Starship Voyager's Holographic Doctor

"Perhaps there's something to be said for assimilation after all." - Former Borg Seven of Nine

#19 TicoPower

TicoPower

Mansquito

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 04:07 PM

Please. If anyone really knows of a fairly decent way to make some power at home. cheap and easy. please let me know, I have been trying to find a way for many years and i am still looking for something worth the effort.

thank you

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users