#1 Rictorious

Rictorious

Wacky Professor

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,526 posts

Posted 18 March 2009 - 09:32 PM

To the cast and crew of Battlestar Galactica:

Michael, thank you for playing such a deep character. One who made me hate Tigh, and then respect in the end. You showed how you can be the person you choose to be, regardless of your being. Also, thank you for answering my question in your Q&A, I asked would you go drinking with your character or go hide under a desk? You laughed and said you would drink and drink until you both were under the desk!

Grace, thank you for bringing so much such raw emotion to the part(s). Fanboys really dig you, I dig you for your acting and serious commitment to the role(s). Have a great summer and keep in touch!

Tamoh, you played such an idealistic good guy. One who gave up his seat for someone he thought mankind could benefit better from and in the end, still had hope for despite the odds. I apologize how people treated your character on the message boards (in regards to not decimating the Cylons when Helo had the chance).

Bodie, thanks for sticking around. The character you played was someone the everyday person could relate to. Hot Dog was not a super hero, just a regular guy doing his job... who had to endure the smell of stinking cabbage (Callie).

Matthew, you made a great villain but with that smile of yours, I wish we got to see another #5 model that was a good guy. Your best performance I think was when you were forcing Baltar to sign the death order on New Caprica in Exodus. You also made a great terrorist in Litmus, season 1. :-)

Tricia, you ruled. Hands down. You could bring a character like Natalie for just a few episodes and make everyone here on the boards WANT MORE. Caprica Six, Inner SIX, Gina, Shelly, Sonya, gosh there have been so many and you have done an outstanding job. Thank you for bringing so much hard work and talent to these characters.

James, your character has gone from selfish, to giving in just 4 years! He grew a pair when he needed to do the right thing, like shoot Crashdown on Kobol, and stand up to those that wanted to kill him. Granted Baltar is very weak, but when it came to self preservation, he was the strongest out of everyone. Also, thank you for answering my question in your Q&A when I asked you if you had a sex life like that of Baltar. You seemed to be amused at my inclusion of Felix Gaeta in your tally of sexual conquests. :-)

Kate, thank you for playing such a wonderful character like Ellen and for coming on the boards when you were killed off. I was very happy you were the fifth (and my first choice for the final Cylon, just ask Mexichick). I really liked the level headed Ellen character and your star moment was in the episode No Exit when you returned. She would be a cool cat to go drinking and dancing with. Just keep your hands off me and we'd be fine. ;-)

Dean, you played a cold and calculating character wonderfully. In Lay Down Your Burdens Part 2, Season 2, the scene when you are in the brig with another #1 model was my favorite moment with you. The timing you had with your other character was wonderful. However, the sex scene with your Cylon mother creator Ellen was just wrong. My eyes are still burning from that moment. At least you seemed to be enjoying yourself.

Posted Image

#2 Rictorious

Rictorious

Wacky Professor

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,526 posts

Posted 18 March 2009 - 09:32 PM

Rekka, thank you thank you for playing the character to end the stench of cabbage on the Galactica. The ship's air filters couldn't handle the foul stench any longer. Seriously, I liked your moments on New Caprica and trying to protect Hera. You filled a roll and made it your own which is not easy to do.

Michael, you played a great jock and a pretty face. And that's all I thought you were good for until I saw your Rain Man performance in No Exit. You blew me away and boy was I wrong on your acting ability. Thank you for making me look twice and I am very thankful you survived such a terrible car accident. You are beyond lucky. You've been given a second chance. Chicks aren't the only ones that dig Cylons... ;-)

Jamie, are you only going to be remembered here on these boards for the towel scene? I must say my favorite performance by you was back in season 1 when you were doubting your father's love in the episode, You Can't Go Home Again, season 1. Your character really made us feel for him when Strabuck betrayed him the day after their night together on New Caprica. Also, thank you in your support for gay and lesbian equal rights. Kudos to you.

Katie, you were my favorite character on the show. No matter how self destructive Starbuck was, she was still the perfect human being. FLAWED and PERFECT at the same time. Your emotions pulled on our heart strings and your smile was worth gold. Thanks for putting up with the writers and the dark themes they forced you to act in. You shined through and made me a believer in you from day one. There were a lot of haters in the beginning b!tching and moaning about how your character was a female. Where are they now? [Insert the sound of crickets] That's right, they're gone! Also, thank you for answering my question in your Q&A. I asked what was the one question we haven't asked that you would like asked and your answer was questions about the new Caprica series.

Mary, you are my president. You brought a level of class to a show that is not supposed to have class or your acting caliber. Thank you for taking it on and for giving a face to cancer. You made it realistic and true and your performance is respected highly. The romance she had with Adama was very touching and should go down in history books like Romeo and Juliet. I'm coming for all of you!!!

Edward, I was reserved in your casting because Lorne Green had a special place in my heart as Adama. He was the grand father we all wish we had. As time went on, you showed a realistic portrayal of a father that wasn't perfect, but real and true to his word. You were the anchor that held the show and ship together and I am really happy you played Adama.

More thank yous to come for The Chief, Ron Moore, David Eick, Gaeta, Cain, Tom Zarrack, Simon, Doc Cottle, Kat, Dualla, Callie, D'anna, Leoben, Billy, Romo, Paula and Jean, Hoshi, and of course Hera whom we have watched grow up before our eyes.

Posted Image

#3 Sarum

Sarum

Peacekeeper

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 564 posts

Posted 19 March 2009 - 09:47 AM

Nice one Rictorious!

#4 JohnCobbAlbany

JohnCobbAlbany

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 19 March 2009 - 10:39 AM

On the occasion of the last episode of Battlestar Galactica...

I've followed the series from Day One and have really enjoyed everything about it. The cast and crew (everyone behind the scenes) have done an excellent job - and this is truly an amazing saga that I hope lives on in Caprica and future projects.

Really folks - thanks much for just an excellent excellent show. And the Music - come on, it's absolutely amazing...

While the series is over, I hope the Actors, Writers, Producers and everyone involved have great careers and I look forward to seeing them and their work for many many years to come...

Bittersweet thanks to Scifi for having the show - it's bittersweet because BSG should have lasted a few more seasons and not cut short (possibly for more air time for Wrestling???)

CAN'T WAIT TO SEE THE LAST EPISODE TOMORROW NIGHT!!!

John
Albany, NY USA
3-19-09

#5 VonPenguin

VonPenguin

Contactee

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 652 posts

Posted 19 March 2009 - 10:58 AM

So say we all.

#6 NightWonder

NightWonder

Minbari

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 245 posts

Posted 19 March 2009 - 11:12 AM

My husband convinced me to watch the show. I was sceptical at first. I am very picky about what I watch and I think most shows on TV aren't very good. I used to be a fan of Firefly, but I must admit that I loved watching BSG more than Firefly. Thanks for making a quality show that in my opinion, was one of the best I've ever seen.

#7 Rictorious

Rictorious

Wacky Professor

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,526 posts

Posted 19 March 2009 - 11:14 AM

Thanks. People feel free to use my images if you want to make your own shout outs!
Posted Image

#8 katis

katis

Cyborg

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,212 posts

Posted 19 March 2009 - 11:35 PM

Bump.
I

#9 BrassOrchid

BrassOrchid

Contactee

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 772 posts

Posted 19 March 2009 - 11:42 PM

QUOTE (Rictorious @ Mar 19 2009, 11:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thanks. People feel free to use my images if you want to make your own shout outs!

I don't think I could say it any better than you have, Rictorius. I'll just add my dittos. biggrin.gif

#10 pgsmrocks

pgsmrocks

Viper Pilot

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 160 posts

Posted 20 March 2009 - 12:40 AM

SO SAY WE ALL!!!

My sediments exactly.

If I'm teary eyed from reading these, I can imagine tomorrow. (All these people better not all die in the finale!)

We should try to get this pinned. I can't see why anyone would have a problem with pinning this thread.

Keep bumping it up?

#11 martivh

martivh

Wacky Professor

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,621 posts

Posted 20 March 2009 - 01:01 AM

QUOTE (pgsmrocks @ Mar 20 2009, 12:40 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
SO SAY WE ALL!!!

My sediments exactly.

If I'm teary eyed from reading these, I can imagine tomorrow. (All these people better not all die in the finale!)

Right here with ya. Sniff! Here. *honks nose*

There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats.
- Albert Schweitzer

#12 TDA2009

TDA2009

Sleestak

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 67 posts

Posted 20 March 2009 - 01:20 PM

It's been one heckova ride the past few years - we REALLY enjoyed watching the show!

I had fun hosting the Cylon Cafe, posting goofy spoilers, and the creating/playing the Frakfest game. Met some nice folks here and on other boards. Hope the show ends well.

See ya around...
-TDA

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#13 darthkat76

darthkat76

Sleestak

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 77 posts

Posted 20 March 2009 - 01:22 PM

TDA!!!!!! *Gets TDA in a bear hug*
Posted Image

#14 Rictorious

Rictorious

Wacky Professor

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,526 posts

Posted 20 March 2009 - 01:47 PM

Bear, your music was odd for me to get used to at first in the miniseries until I heard A Good Lighter, Wander My Friends, your take on the infamous Colonial Anthem, Pegasus, Roslin and Adama's theme, Starbuck's Destiny, and then the icing on the cake: Diaspora Oratorio. I am now hooked on your sh*t and will be forever on. Thank you for being such a caring artist, it shows!

Mr. Hatch, thank you for being a part of this project. Deep down something tells me you wish you had the role of Adama, but the character you played was entirely different from the role we all knew you from and loved. It made your acting shine and now we know you as a hero and as a villain. I just wish I could have seen the Battlestar short you and the fans made 10 years ago in an attempt to get Universal to notice the license again. Is there ever a way for us to see it?

Aaron, I kinda don't like you as a person because you slept with my friend Kory's girlfriend. Aside from you being a girlfriend stealer and a home wrecker, you did a good job on the show and I especially loved the scenes of your chubby self running up the mountain on the Algae Planet. Those were funny. Good luck in the future.

Alessandro, you did a great job and really shined in the mutiny episodes. I loved your Hoshi moment in the webisodes and wish we got to see you and Baltar in your intimate moments on New Caprica. It's amazing what one does for a president. You brought truth to your conflicted character. Good job! PS: I love your drag scene: What would Tigh and Adama say?

Callum, you were great as a mind frak for Starbuck and sweet when you were all into her with her spiritual destiny. The writing sucked especially when your character tried to break her when Leoben had her held up in that New Caprica doll house. What was the whole purpose of that? Aside from the writing or lack thereof, you brought a great presence to the cold and unfeeling human robots. I just wish you were in more episodes.

To the crew that made the special effects, your work was beautiful and outstanding. I agree with the Moore man, you were robbed of Emmys. Your craftsmanship is Lucasfilm worthy. I would love to see your work put into a coffee table book, "The Digital Art of Battlestar Galactica." Please consider doing that. Bravo!

David, thanks for working with Moore on this project and for casting Katie as Starbuck. Your wife rules and has an eye for greatness. Stick with her. Also, I think the whole Bionic Woman thing didn't pan out because you weren't entirely focused on it. Stick with one project, like this one, until its end. That way you don't have a show end with loose ends and a bunch of us hating you guys for giving us cruddy episodes of Battlestar like The Woman King or Black Market. Good luck and please heed my advice.

Mr. Moore, thank you for returning this show to the fans. You did it justice (for the most part) and having your wife be a bridge on the boards from the fans to you was surprising and appreciated. I liked your writing, especially with Ellen's character, and your, "I don't give a frak what the fans want" attitude. You gotta do what is right for the show and the characters. Good luck in the future and please... get a hair cut.

David, you really messed up with this show and I apologize for criticizing you. You cannot put a show on hold like this for months at a time, especially when this show is your flagship for the channel. Scifi ruined Farscape and you pretty much ALMOST ruined Battlestar Galactica. As the president of this channel, you have the right to make things right. You put $$$$ into Pisss poor programming like BATS or ALIEN HUNTER. You don't have a following for such D rated films with poor special effects and horrible acting. Where are your priorities? I hope you get fired. You don't deserve the title of President and I blame you for Battlestar's end.

Mark, I pretty much have the same scathing remarks for you as I did for David above. Why couldn't you have done a better job with your programming and loyal fan base for a show? Do you mean to tell me your scifi original movies like "Wyvern" are the focus of the channel's $$ and audience? Really? Really? Get a grip! You let us down too.

Posted Image

#15 ladyartist

ladyartist

Slan

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 15,609 posts

Posted 20 March 2009 - 02:34 PM

I've never posted a thread before so bear with me. I want to thank the people of this forum for inviting me into their family of friends. I have had such a great time and have enjoyed getting to know you. Whether it was in Katee's appreciation thread, with the K&L Shippers, the Spanks or the Bunnies I always felt welcome and like I belonged. I can honestly say my life was changed by BSG and I will miss it greatly. So thank you people of Battlestar Galactica I'm proud to call you all my family. I wish you all the best. wub.gif

LA=Freaky Stuff

#16 Rictorious

Rictorious

Wacky Professor

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,526 posts

Posted 20 March 2009 - 07:33 PM

26 minutes to go!
Posted Image

#17 frakkedinmi

frakkedinmi