St_Bernard

Wacky Professor

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,878 posts

Posted 11 April 2009 - 09:58 PM

62 SCIFI: Saturday, April 11 9:00 PM
2009, NR, 01:30, Color, English, United States, Made for TV

A disgruntled viking (Zachery Ty Bryan) battles various creatures when he goes to war with the gods.

Cast: Zachery Ty Bryan, Mac Brandt

[mainly werewolf ]

It is bad but it got werewolfs

Future Airings:
SCIFI Saturday, April 11 9:00 PM
SCIFI Sunday, April 12 1:00 AM
Between the world we see, and the things we fear. There are doors. When they are opened, nightmares become reality.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Jake has been saved, thanks Ron, and MrsRon. Thanks all for signing the petition ! Click here to see.

#2 SpaceTruckerSD

SpaceTruckerSD

Caprican

• Full Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 12 April 2009 - 09:00 AM

The movie's not that bad. I still can't believe Brad Taylor is Thor LOL

This movie is basically a mixture of norse mythology with Dog Soldiers LOL

I do like the visions that young Thor has of a big buff warrior with the legendary hammer

#3 soundping

soundping

Wacky Professor

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,501 posts

Posted 12 April 2009 - 09:12 AM

100% filler with no retention. blink.gif

#4 Marcus97301

Marcus97301

Mansquito

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 April 2009 - 12:06 PM

I had the displeasure of watching Thor last night. What a loser. Thor looked like some reject from NASCAR. What was the casting director thinking?

#5 txlucky1

txlucky1

Slan

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 14,216 posts

Posted 12 April 2009 - 12:14 PM

QUOTE (Marcus97301 @ Apr 12 2009, 12:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I had the displeasure of watching Thor last night. What a loser. Thor looked like some reject from NASCAR. What was the casting director thinking?

I dissuaded myself from watching early on. There is a discussion already in progress here: Thor: Hammer of the Gods

Syfy member since April 1999

#6 Marcus97301

Marcus97301

Mansquito

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 April 2009 - 01:52 PM

Why are bombs like this even made? What a waste.

#7 GalacticaBulldog

GalacticaBulldog

Minbari

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 328 posts

Posted 13 April 2009 - 06:38 PM

I'll answer that if you can answer one question honestly: why wait until 16 years after the network debuted, and after more than 300 similar bombs have aired, and after commercials showed very clearly that this would be exactly like all of the other Originals...to take the time to register a handle to ask a couple of questions about a movie you didn't like... to people who have nothing to do with the movie? It was pretty clear from the commercials what it would be like, and you could tell within the first five minutes - so why did you watch the whole thing?

#8 St_Bernard

St_Bernard

Wacky Professor

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,878 posts

Posted 16 April 2009 - 07:00 AM

I actually watched it all the way through, but any movie that has werewolfs in it I will watch. The CGI was better than most Sci Fi channel movies.

But I had to laugh at the guys running around in black leotards with wolf heads on blink.gif
Between the world we see, and the things we fear. There are doors. When they are opened, nightmares become reality.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Jake has been saved, thanks Ron, and MrsRon. Thanks all for signing the petition ! Click here to see.

#9 Baculus

Baculus

Viper Pilot

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 157 posts

Posted 16 April 2009 - 11:43 AM

That movie had some of the worst costumes, armor, and weapons, which is silly, since it isn't that hard to buy relatively accurate garb and armour. There's an entire cottage industry which caters to modern reenactors, after all. But instead, the movie's producers created all these crappy helmets, silly tunics, strange armour (instead of just using mail), and even their shields, one of the identifiable traits of a Viking, were small and silly.

It does not take a big budget to create a smidgen of historical accuracy - why is this such a difficult notion?

It's disappointing, because I was looking forward to this movie, too, but the appearance of the Vikings was just such a turn-off for me.

#10 Bluesman14

Bluesman14

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 16 April 2009 - 02:28 PM

I enjoyed it for what it was. Zack Bryan has come along way since the Brad Taylor days and is now paying his dues by trying to take on more adult roles, but that chubby babyface of his does little to take our minds off his humble beginnings.

Posted Image

#11 Kathy09

Kathy09

Cyborg

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,328 posts

Posted 17 April 2009 - 11:23 AM

I didn't watch this SciFi movie. If I watch any Thor movie it will be this one:

Thor movie

but only if Alexander is cast as Thor. I would also like his father Stellan to be cast as Odin and one of his brothers, probably Gustaf, to be cast as Loki.

=-Kathy->

#12 nypdretired

nypdretired

Superhero

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,160 posts

Posted 19 April 2009 - 01:46 PM

Disapointing. Thought it would more of the actual Thor. only thought is scifi is planning to do a whole series of movies and was setting up the backstory

I'm not always right but I am never wrong.

The above posts are my opinions.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users