• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 armistar

armistar

Mansquito

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 April 2009 - 05:03 PM

I was wondering if anyone else has ever investigated this site. I lived about 10 minutes away from it before I moved. There are over 2000 bodies buried on the property as well as another 8000 that were burned in the smokehouse as they called it. It was built in 1910 as a Negro Lunacy Asylum and closed in 2004 for good. They shot one of the "8 films to die for" there called "Crazy Eights". I have had my own experiences there but have been forced to leave by the shotgun yielding groundskeepers. I think TAPS should get in there and check it out before it gets torn down.

More history on the site can be found at:
Crownsville Mental Hospital Wiki

#2 jordanjelly

jordanjelly

Viper Pilot

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 150 posts

Posted 30 April 2009 - 05:05 PM

well that stinks. I traveled through Crownsville almost everyday between Owings Mills and Annapolis. I wish I'd known about this place. Of course since I've moved to Kansas it doesn't matter. lol

#3 armistar

armistar

Mansquito

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 April 2009 - 10:31 PM

QUOTE (jordanjelly @ Apr 30 2009, 05:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
well that stinks. I traveled through Crownsville almost everyday between Owings Mills and Annapolis. I wish I'd known about this place. Of course since I've moved to Kansas it doesn't matter. lol

Yea i lived right in Gambrills/Crofton area.

its right by the renfest on the back road to annapolis from 97, i think its crownsville road.

the land is owned by some rednecks though.

i found a key there once, i wanna go back and figure out what it goes to.its risky though.
TAPS should write a tutorial on how they get permission to access these places.

#4 jordanjelly

jordanjelly

Viper Pilot

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 150 posts

Posted 30 April 2009 - 11:01 PM

yea I think that's rt 178 isn't it? something like that. you'd probably have to have a full blown team and find out who actually owns the property, contact them directly, sign a bunch of insurance releases and then just possibly get permission. lol I'd of been quite happy to try to sneak onto the lot to investigate.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users