• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Tidus74656

Tidus74656

Mansquito

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 May 2009 - 10:02 AM

mad.gif Why is it that networks these days think that it is ok to end the season on a cliff hanger episode, and then never finish the story because of cancellation of the show? I understand that sometimes shows do not to have the rating necessary to be kept on the air, but then least that producers could do is to throw the fans a bone, and have one last episode to finish the storyline that was left open by the cliff hanger episode (either that or they shouldn't end the season on a cliff hanger if there is any question at all as to whether, or not the show will be renewed for another season). This is the first series that I had this happen to that I was watching (Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles is now the second show that I watched to become victim of this). I just want the producers to stop disrespecting the fans that watch the show by canceling it & leaving the fans hanging with a storyline that never get closed out. Really is it too much to ask for closure to an open storyline (even a direct to DVD episode would be welcome)?! mad.gif

#2 jimmydeanbakker

jimmydeanbakker

Minbari

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 308 posts

Posted 22 May 2009 - 10:15 AM

QUOTE (Tidus74656 @ May 22 2009, 10:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
mad.gif Why is it that networks these days think it is ok to end the season on a cliff hanger episode, and then never finish the story because of cancellation of the show? I understand that sometimes shows do not to have the rating necessary to be kept on the air, but then least that producers could do is to throw the fans a bone, and have one last episode to finish the storyline that was left open by the cliff hanger episode (either that or they shouldn't end the season on a cliff hanger if there is any question at all as to whether, or not the show will be renewed for another season). This is the first series that I had this happen to that I was watching (Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles is now the second show that I watched to become victim of this). I just want the producers to stop disrespecting the fans that watch the show by canceling it & leaving the fans hanging with a storyline that never get closed out. Really is it too much to ask for closure to an open storyline?! mad.gif

I am trying to nix Terminator Series out of my mind because of the inane cliffhanger plot. Since time travel from the future continuously changes the future, I can easily pretend that I didnít waste two years on the Terminator Series.

Posted Image

#3 Nannyjo

Nannyjo

Cyborg

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 26 July 2009 - 07:26 PM

QUOTE (Tidus74656 @ May 22 2009, 11:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
mad.gif Why is it that networks these days think that it is ok to end the season on a cliff hanger episode, and then never finish the story because of cancellation of the show? I understand that sometimes shows do not to have the rating necessary to be kept on the air, but then least that producers could do is to throw the fans a bone, and have one last episode to finish the storyline that was left open by the cliff hanger episode

I TOTALLY agree - would ONE more elisode hurt ANYTHING? Especially these days where season is only about half the number of episodes you used to see.

Stay open to the possibilities.Posted Image
Move without fear. Trust in those who love you
http://z7.invisionfr...ation/index.php

#4 LadyNRA1

LadyNRA1

Wacky Professor

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,616 posts

Posted 11 May 2010 - 03:29 PM

This series dramatically improved once they all got to Mongo (from that first trip by Zarkov) and I would have loved to see an occasional movie (like they do with the Jesse Stone series which are 2 hour movies that number up to 6 now with a 7th planned). Heck, if they can come up with giant bug and giant snake and giant killer fish movies every week, they can certainly come up with movies to continue series they cut short (ie. Tremors and Flash Gordon). They never gave this one a chance imho. I liked these people. I didn't mind Ming being 'normal' in appearance. I liked Zarkov just a bit crazy and certainly neurotic as opposed to coldly intellectually (how one dimensional was that?). Dale didn't suit me only because I kept realizing the actress was 'acting' and posturing rather than 'being' the character. In any case, I wanted it to continue and was disappointed when they yanked it especially with that cliffhanger.
Claudia: Would it have killed you to put a warning label on this thing?
Artie: Saying what? Only put on in case of stupid?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users