Photo

Primeval - Episode 8 (S2 Ep2)

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Poll: How do you rate this episode (7 member(s) have cast votes)

your opinion of this episode

1. 10/10 (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

2. 9/10 (2 votes [28.57%])

Percentage of vote: 28.57%

3. 8/10 (1 votes [14.29%])

Percentage of vote: 14.29%

4. 7/10 (3 votes [42.86%])

Percentage of vote: 42.86%

5. 6/10 (0 votes [0.00%])

6. 5/10 (0 votes [0.00%])

7. 4/10 (0 votes [0.00%])

8. 3/10 (1 votes [14.29%])

Percentage of vote: 14.29%

9. 2/10 (0 votes [0.00%])

10. 1/10 (0 votes [0.00%])

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 manicmonkeyinspace

manicmonkeyinspace

Screaming Brain

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9,915 posts

Posted 05 June 2009 - 11:34 AM

Primeval Episode 8
THIS EPISODE IS DISCUSSED OPENLY WITHOUT SPOILER TAGS.

Cutter and his team find themselves pursuing giant carnivorous worms that start to appear in an eerie fog in a local office block after emerging through another anomaly.

CAST & CREW

Written by Adrian Hodges
Directed by Andrew Gunn

Professor Nick Cutter - Douglas Henshall
Stephen Hart - James Murray
Connor Temple - Andrew-Lee Potts
Abby Maitland - Hannah Spearritt
Jenny Lewis - Lucy Brown
James Lester - Ben Miller
Helen Cutter - Juliet Aubrey
Oliver Leek - Karl Theobald
Caroline Steel - Naomi Bentley

Web sites
Official SciFi Web Site
Official ITV Web Site
Official BBC America Web Site

He's like fire and ice and rage. He's like the night and the storm in the heart of the sun.
He's ancient and forever. He burns at the centre of time and he can see the turn of the universe
And.......................He is WONDERFUL
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

#2 SindarinFea

SindarinFea

Caprican

• Full Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 07 June 2009 - 11:36 AM

I gave this episode a 7/10.

Maybe it was due to the fact that I was emotionally drained while I was watching it after having to deal with a medical emergency which fortunately turned out well or the way the script was written, but I just didn't enjoy this one as much as the others. unsure.gif

Written out fully my name is Sindarin Fa and it's elvish for The Gray Elven Spirit.

#3 manicmonkeyinspace

manicmonkeyinspace

Screaming Brain

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9,915 posts

Posted 07 June 2009 - 12:04 PM

here are some thoughts from other poster when it was first shown here in the UK

QUOTE (TallScot @ Jan 20 2008, 01:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I just watched episode 2 (of S2) and there was an explanation of why the guard at the shopping mall disappeared, solving one of the plot discrepancies from last week. It looks as if a significant subplot is developing.

Also, I liked this episode more than the first. Pretty enjoyable overall. (don't want to give too much away as I don't think many will have watched this ep yet)

QUOTE (manicmonkeyinspace @ Jan 20 2008, 01:40 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (TallScot @ Jan 20 2008, 01:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I just watched episode 2 (of S2) and there was an explanation of why the guard at the shopping mall disappeared, solving one of the plot discrepancies from last week. It looks as if a significant subplot is developing.

Also, I liked this episode more than the first. Pretty enjoyable overall. (don't want to give too much away as I don't think many will have watched this ep yet)

hey i was about to dig up this thread and say exactly the same thing

QUOTE (tardispoo @ Jan 20 2008, 02:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I thought it was the best of the series so far. The subplots are intriguing, and the potential is there to make this a far more involving series than S1.

QUOTE (Techtois @ Jan 20 2008, 02:58 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Episode 2 ...

Hey ... this show is getting very slick .. stylewise .... it looks great and they're spending some time on the characterisations . However they're always going to battle against the very restrictive premise and give some depth to what is essentially a weekly Creature feature .

Still very entertaining ... 4 /5 . smile.gif

QUOTE (Miasma @ Jan 21 2008, 04:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well, episode two was a big improvement on episode one. I really enjoyed it and everything held together much better. Definitely up there with the best of S1.

I also like the way some of the sub-plots are developing (and it looks like one of my gripes from episode one isn't a gripe after all but a plot point - the mysterious vanishing cleaner).

8 out of 10.

QUOTE (MortisorLP @ Jan 23 2008, 12:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yep, have to say, Primeval S2E2 came close to Who quality for me. Far better scripted (which allowed the rather good cast to actually not seem like cliched charicatures) and barring the fact that one of the team gets his head stuck in the maw of a giant worm for about ten minutes but then comes out of it without any more damage than a bit of gunk, seeming far more coherent plot/narrative wise.

Looks like my guilty pleasures not guilty, anymore! (to paraphrase Calamity Jane biggrin.gif )

He's like fire and ice and rage. He's like the night and the storm in the heart of the sun.
He's ancient and forever. He burns at the centre of time and he can see the turn of the universe
Posted ImagePosted Image

#4 daughterofslim

daughterofslim

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 07 June 2009 - 06:54 PM

How am I able to watch the Season 1 episodes? I just discovered this series through an email and can't seem to find a place to view the first season. My search engine tells me I can only see this one in the UK. Poo-diddley.

#5 manicmonkeyinspace

manicmonkeyinspace

Screaming Brain

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9,915 posts

Posted 07 June 2009 - 08:12 PM

it is available on itunes
http://click.linksyn...ow?id=284198916
Posted ImagePosted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users