Screaming Brain

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9,915 posts

Posted 15 June 2009 - 11:13 AM

NOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooooooooo

this is not fair

and ITV have Twittered this

"Thanks for your questions about Primeval. I've checked and can confirm that there are no plans at the present time for it to return to ITV."

http://twitter.com/itvprimeval
He's like fire and ice and rage. He's like the night and the storm in the heart of the sun.
He's ancient and forever. He burns at the centre of time and he can see the turn of the universe
And.......................He is WONDERFUL
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

#3 mlejoly

mlejoly

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 16 June 2009 - 01:33 AM

Ah cr*p, I loved that series. It gave a different spin to time travel. That's a bleeding shame!

#4 txlucky1

txlucky1

Slan

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 14,261 posts

Posted 16 June 2009 - 11:32 AM

Great. Another series left at a cliffhanger ending. Why should I even finish the series now? dry.gif

Syfy member since April 1999

#5 ChyronGuy

ChyronGuy

Viper Pilot

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 142 posts

Posted 16 June 2009 - 03:33 PM

This happens every time I find a series that I really like.

figures
CLOSED ACCOUNT

I am Sci-Fi, I am not Syfy

July 6th, 11:59 EDT - Sign Off Day

#6 the_mysteryman

the_mysteryman

Mansquito

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 June 2009 - 03:38 PM

QUOTE (txlucky1 @ Jun 16 2009, 11:32 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Great. Another series left at a cliffhanger ending. Why should I even finish the series now? dry.gif

Great, another series with fantastic potential (almost like sliders but with a time element) bites the dust.

What did they expect with some cast changes?

They should have let it stabilize, then grow (adding and subtracting cast and/or killing characters as they please (or bring back)).

This could have been a truly great series.

I wish SciFi execs were smart enuf to purchase the rights to it at the least, it'd be nice to see the series continue at least a couple more seasons.

What a let down to read about the series demise...

#7 pscard

pscard

Chosen One

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,215 posts

Posted 16 June 2009 - 06:01 PM

QUOTE (txlucky1 @ Jun 16 2009, 12:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Just like:
Invasion
Surface
John Doe
Dark Shadows
The Time Tunnel
Lost In Space
etc.

"Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called sons of God." (Matthew 5:9)

Let's declare 2014 as the Year of Love.

#8 troimer

troimer

Mansquito

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 June 2009 - 06:26 PM

dry.gif I sure hope that this cancellation doesn't extend the America; That would be a bummer!!! I just started getting into the show!!?? Especially after seeing the platinum blood: You Brits are holdin' back on us Americans!!
QUOTE (bobkbob @ Jun 15 2009, 08:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

#9 dede

dede

Superhero

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,387 posts

Posted 18 June 2009 - 10:56 AM

The bad thing is many shows that have some sort of special effects will be and are in jeopardy. I have looked on the BBCA site, one show I like Torchwood is if I did not misunderstand is only gonna be a mini-series. So I guess we are gonna see a lot of repeats and reality type shows (uugghh)
I liked Primeval too just get so sick of watching shows and then do not have the satisfaction of seeing and actual end. mad.gif

#10 techtois

techtois

Contactee

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 686 posts

Posted 18 June 2009 - 08:17 PM

The show was never safe being made by a commercial network ( ITV ) . You American sci-fi fans know better than most the resultant premature cancellation of good sc-fi shows that result . It's a pity that Primeval wasn't a BBC made show . Due to the way the BBC is financed they are not slaves to ratings and the advertisers and can stick with a show and it's fans for quality reasons alone if necessary. At least you may have the movie and an possible American version to look forward to .

PS . I think Dr Who and Torchwood are fairly safe . Indeed I hear RTD is thinking about making yet another sci-fi show , only rumours as yet .

Cheers ...

#11 YourstrulyJacktheRipper

YourstrulyJacktheRipper

Mansquito

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 July 2009 - 09:17 PM

QUOTE (bobkbob @ Jun 15 2009, 08:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That truly sucks. I was the best show since SG1, Highlander the Series and Quantum Leap. Someone really screwed up at ITV
No trees were killed in the creating of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

#12 Syfywhat

Syfywhat

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 July 2009 - 11:52 PM

The show was interesting at first, but, I found it really hard to understand the lead male character. His words sounded mushy to me. I could understand everyone else relatively well given their accents, but, I always thought it weird that he sounded like he had a speach impedement.
So I actually stopped watching after about 4 shows...
When this was Sci-Fi there was an implied meaning, Science Fiction. Other channels such as TLC, HGTV, NBC all have meaning to their letters or words (TVLand).
So while I understand the need for brand clarification, this doesn’t clarify anything for me! The letters/word have no implied meaning to me at all. If someone could supply a reasonable meaning I would be able accept this awful plain and uninspiring logo and name a little bit!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users