#81 EmperorRyu

EmperorRyu

Time Lord

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6,660 posts

Posted 31 August 2009 - 12:34 PM

QUOTE (Scrawny71 @ Aug 29 2009, 12:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sam - a hero in both word and deed. Good choices there.

Thanks. I'm still trying to find good screenshots/screencaps to another scene from the movie. When I find them, I'll post it up.

"What a piece of work is man! How noble in reason. How infinite in faculty. In form, in moving, how express and admirable. In action how like an Angel. In apprehension, how like a GOD!"

"Understanding is a three-edged sword. Your side, their side, and the truth. Your next words will decide which way this goes."

"Loyalty can't be tested by questions and answers. True loyalty can only be demonstrated through the display of manifested actions, often defiant when confronted by insurmountable obstacles in the form of confrontational and irrational enemies."

"My name is ________. I know nothing of who I am, the answer I feel is near. The defining perhaps, the final moment is close, everyone, EVERYONE, in this life knows. When the moment is before them. To turn away, is simple. To ignore it, assures survival. But it is an insult to life, because there can be no redemption, no second chance, beyond death there is nothing, just darkness, and cold. The instant of his/her existence was confirmed, every action, every breath of my life, became horrifyingly clear. He's/She's out there tonight, sending our women, our men, to that cold, dark place. And nothing, nothing will stop him/her, until I face, the moment. (After his/her death, my victory) I know now with certainty who I am. But I'll be damned if I'll ever know the point. And now, all I can ask, is who was he?, and who was she?, and what was the point?"

#82 Scrawny71

Scrawny71

Wacky Professor

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,553 posts

Posted 31 August 2009 - 05:58 PM

Uma Thurman from the start of Kill Bill volume 2:

"Looked dead, didn’t I? Well I wasn’t – but it wasn’t from lack of tryin’, I can tell you that. Actually, Bill’s last bullet put me in a coma – a coma I was to lie in for four years. When I woke up, I went on what the movie advertisements refer to as a “roaring rampage of revenge”. I roared – and I rampaged – and I got bloody satisfaction. I’ve killed a hell of a lot of people to get to this point – but I have only one more; the last one; the one I’m drivin' to right now; the only one left; and when I arrive at my destination – I am gonna kill Bill."

You'd do it for Randolph Scott.

#83 Scrawny71

Scrawny71

Wacky Professor

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,553 posts

Posted 01 September 2009 - 04:49 PM

Battlestar Galactica, miniseries, 2003.

Captain Lee “Apollo” Adama visits Lieutenant Kara “Starbuck” Thrace in the brig. Lee has just joined the Galactica crew.
Kara: Captain Adama, sir. Sorry I wasn’t there to greet you with the rest of the squadron. Did they kiss your @ss to your satisfaction?
Lee: So – What’s the charge this time?
Kara: Mmm – Striking a superior @sshole.
Lee: Ahhh… I bet you’ve been waiting all day to say that one.
Kara: Most of the afternoon, yeah.

#84 EmperorRyu

EmperorRyu

Time Lord

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6,660 posts

Posted 01 September 2009 - 08:12 PM

Elrond: "You're outnumbered, Aragorn. You need more men."

Aragorn: "There are none."

Elrond: "There are those who dwell in the mountain."

Aragorn: "Murderers. Traitors. You would call upon them to fight? They believe in nothing. They answer to no one."

Elrond: "They will answer to the king of Gondor."

Elrond: "Anduril, Flame of the West, forged from the shards of Narsil."

Aragorn: "Sauron will not have forgotten the sword of Elendil. The blade that was broken shall return to Minas Tirith."

Elrond: "The man who can wield the power of this sword can summon to him an army more deadly than any that walks this earth. Put aside the ranger. Become who you were born to be."

"What a piece of work is man! How noble in reason. How infinite in faculty. In form, in moving, how express and admirable. In action how like an Angel. In apprehension, how like a GOD!"

"Understanding is a three-edged sword. Your side, their side, and the truth. Your next words will decide which way this goes."

"Loyalty can't be tested by questions and answers. True loyalty can only be demonstrated through the display of manifested actions, often defiant when confronted by insurmountable obstacles in the form of confrontational and irrational enemies."

"My name is ________. I know nothing of who I am, the answer I feel is near. The defining perhaps, the final moment is close, everyone, EVERYONE, in this life knows. When the moment is before them. To turn away, is simple. To ignore it, assures survival. But it is an insult to life, because there can be no redemption, no second chance, beyond death there is nothing, just darkness, and cold. The instant of his/her existence was confirmed, every action, every breath of my life, became horrifyingly clear. He's/She's out there tonight, sending our women, our men, to that cold, dark place. And nothing, nothing will stop him/her, until I face, the moment. (After his/her death, my victory) I know now with certainty who I am. But I'll be damned if I'll ever know the point. And now, all I can ask, is who was he?, and who was she?, and what was the point?"

#85 EmperorRyu

EmperorRyu

Time Lord

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6,660 posts

Posted 01 September 2009 - 08:14 PM

Pippin: "I didn't think it would end this way."

Gandalf: "End? No, the journey doesn't end here. Death is just another path, . . . One that we all must take. The grey rain-curtain of this world rolls back, and all turns to silver glass, . . . And then you see it."

Pippin: "What? Gandalf? See what?"

Gandalf: "White shores, . . . and beyond, a far green country under a swift sunrise."

Pippin: "Well, that isn't so bad."

Gandalf: "No, . . . No it isn't."

#86 EmperorRyu

EmperorRyu

Time Lord

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6,660 posts

Posted 01 September 2009 - 08:15 PM

Theoden: "Eomer. Take your Èored down the left flank. Gamling, follow the King's banner down the center. Grimbold, take your company right, after you pass the wall. Forth, and fear no darkness! Arise! Arise, Riders of Theoden! Spears shall be shaken, shields shall be splintered! A sword day, . . . a red day, . . . ere the sun rises!"

Theoden: "Ride now! Ride now! Ride! Ride to ruin and the world's ending!"

Theoden: "Death!"

Rohirrim: "Death!"

Theoden: "Death!!"

Rohirrim: "Death!!"

Theoden: "DEATH!!!"

Eowyn, Merry, Rohirrim: "DEATH!!!"

Theoden: "Forth, Eorlingas!"

Rohirrim: "YEAH!!!"

#87 EmperorRyu

EmperorRyu

Time Lord

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6,660 posts

Posted 01 September 2009 - 08:22 PM

Aragorn: "Hold your ground, hold your ground!"

Aragorn: "Sons of Gondor, of Rohan, my brothers!"

Aragorn: "I see in your eyes the same fear that would take the heart of me."

Aragorn: "A day may come when the courage of men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day."

Aragorn: "An hour of woes and shattered shields, when the age of men comes crashing down!"

Aragorn: "But it is not this day!"

Aragorn: "This day we fight!"

Aragorn: "By all that you hold dear on this good Earth, I bid you stand, Men of the West!"

#88 Scrawny71

Scrawny71

Wacky Professor

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,553 posts

Posted 02 September 2009 - 04:48 PM

Buffy The Vampire Slayer, season 1, "I Robot, You Jane". Quote courtesy of TwizTV.com.

Jenny Calendar: Honestly, what is it about them that bothers you so much?
Giles: The smell.
Jenny: Computers don't smell, Rupert.
Giles: I know! Smell is the most powerful trigger to the memory there
is. A certain flower or a, a whiff of smoke can bring up experiences...
long forgotten. Books smell. Musty and, and, and, and rich. The
knowledge gained from a computer, is, uh, it... it has no, no texture,
no, no context. It's, it's there and then it's gone. If it's to last,
then, then the getting of knowledge should be, uh, tangible, it should
be, um... smelly.

Jenny: Well! You really are an old-fashioned boy, aren't you?

#89 Scrawny71

Scrawny71

Wacky Professor

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,553 posts

Posted 02 September 2009 - 05:55 PM

QUOTE (EmperorRyu @ Sep 2 2009, 02:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Aragorn: "I see in your eyes the same fear that would take the heart of me."

Great rousing speech, as is Théoden's. Classic moments from a classic movie.

#90 EmperorRyu

EmperorRyu

Time Lord

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6,660 posts

Posted 02 September 2009 - 10:19 PM

QUOTE (Scrawny71 @ Sep 2 2009, 05:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Great rousing speech, as is Théoden's. Classic moments from a classic movie.

Epic speeches of goodness and life are the next best things to the "Word Of God". happy.gif

#91 EmperorRyu

EmperorRyu

Time Lord

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6,660 posts

Posted 02 September 2009 - 10:33 PM

President Thomas Whitmore: "Good morning. In less than an hour, aircraft from here will join others from around the world. And you will be launching the largest aerial battle in the history of mankind. "Mankind." That word should have new meaning for all of us today. We can't be consumed by our petty differences anymore. We will be united in our common interests. Perhaps it's fate that today is the Fourth of July, and you will once again be fighting for our freedom, . . . Not from tyranny, oppression, or persecution, . . . but from annihilation. We are fighting for our right to live. To exist. And should we win the day, the Fourth of July will no longer be known as an American holiday, but as the day the world declared in one voice: "We will not go quietly into the night!" We will not vanish without a fight! We're going to live on! We're going to survive! Today we celebrate our Independence Day!"

#92 Scrawny71

Scrawny71

Wacky Professor

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,553 posts

Posted 03 September 2009 - 02:07 PM

From Kill Bill, vol. 2:

Budd: Are you telling me she cut her way through 88 bodyguards before she got to O-Ren?
Bill: Nah, there wasn’t really 88 of them. They just called themselves the Crazy 88.
Budd: How come?
Bill: I don’t know. I guess they thought it sounded "cool". (Budd laughs.) Anyhow, they all fell under her Hanzo sword.
Budd: She got a Hanzo sword?
Bill: He made one for her.
Budd: Didn’t he swear a blood oath to never make another sword?
Bill: It … would appear ... he has broken it.
Budd: Them Japs sure know how to hold a grudge, don’t they? Or maybe you just tend to bring that out in people.
Bill: I know this is a ridiculous question before I ask, but you haven’t by any chance kept up with your ... swordfighting?
Budd: I, ah … I pawned that years ago.
Bill: You hawked a Hattori Hanzo sword?
Budd: Yep.
Bill: It was priceless.

Budd (laughing): Well … not in El Paso, it ain’t. In El Paso, I got me $250 for it. I’m a bouncer in a titty bar, Bill. If she wants to fight with me, all she needs to do is come down to the club and start some sh!t, and we’ll be in a fight.
Bill: I know we haven’t spoken in some time, and the last time we spoke wasn’t the most pleasant, but you’ve got to get over being mad at me and start becoming afraid of Beatrix, because she is coming, and she’s coming to kill you; and unless you accept my assistance I have no doubt she will succeed.

Budd: I don’t dodge guilt, and ... I don’t chew out of paying my comeuppance.
Bill: Can’t we just … forget the past?
Budd: That woman … deserves her revenge … and … we deserve to die.

Budd laughs.
Budd: Then again ... so does she. So we’ll just see, won’t we?

#93 cylonjoebob

cylonjoebob

Screaming Brain

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,045 posts

Posted 04 September 2009 - 10:20 AM

can I play?

Frell me dead!
.....................Posted Image
............................................................................... Inconceivable!

#94 cylonjoebob

cylonjoebob

Screaming Brain

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,045 posts

Posted 04 September 2009 - 10:21 AM

Vizzini: Inconceivable.
Inigo Montoya: You keep using that word. I do not think it means, what you think it means.
............................................................................... Inconceivable!

#95 cylonjoebob

cylonjoebob

Screaming Brain

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,045 posts

Posted 04 September 2009 - 10:23 AM

Game over man, Game Over!

#96 Scrawny71

Scrawny71

Wacky Professor

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,553 posts

Posted 04 September 2009 - 01:49 PM

QUOTE (cylonjoebob @ Sep 4 2009, 04:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Inigo Montoya: You keep using that word. I do not think it means, what you think it means.

Excellent choice and screen grab! Such a quotable movie, too.

#97 EmperorRyu

EmperorRyu

Time Lord

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6,660 posts

Posted 04 September 2009 - 03:35 PM

QUOTE (cylonjoebob @ Sep 4 2009, 11:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

QUOTE (cylonjoebob @ Sep 4 2009, 11:23 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Game over man, Game Over!

happy.gif Such classics. There are so many unforgettable quotes in them. Aliens was one of the movies I memorized completely back in 1986.

#98 Scrawny71

Scrawny71

Wacky Professor

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,553 posts

Posted 04 September 2009 - 05:16 PM

QUOTE (EmperorRyu @ Sep 4 2009, 09:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
happy.gif Such classics. There are so many unforgettable quotes in them. Aliens was one of the movies I memorized completely back in 1986.

Ah yes, the old "8" certificate. They don't have that any more.

"Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit smoking."

#99 EmperorRyu

EmperorRyu

Time Lord

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6,660 posts

Posted 07 September 2009 - 12:05 PM

QUOTE (Scrawny71 @ Sep 4 2009, 05:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ah yes, the old "8" certificate. They don't have that any more.

"Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit smoking."

Yup, it's all said and done back then. laugh.gif

#100 Scrawny71

Scrawny71

Wacky Professor

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,553 posts

Posted 07 September 2009 - 02:25 PM

"Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit drinking."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users