9 replies to this topic

#1 TheEvilDoctor

TheEvilDoctor

Minbari

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 275 posts

Posted 10 July 2009 - 06:39 PM

THat little fat caretaker dude has a twisted mouth! Whats up with that? Did he have a stroke or something!
I love being EVIL! Evil makes me feel good! Evil is as Evil does! What do you call an ill tempered beetle? An Evil Weevil!

#2 SyFyGy

SyFyGy

Caprican

• Full Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 10 July 2009 - 06:44 PM

QUOTE (TheEvilDoctor @ Jul 10 2009, 06:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
THat little fat caretaker dude has a twisted mouth! Whats up with that? Did he have a stroke or something!

It's twisted from eating too many curly fries.
There's a fine line between clever and stupid.

#3 PussCake

PussCake

Sleestak

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 95 posts

Posted 10 July 2009 - 07:06 PM

I would call that a great character face, Hollyweird should employ more!

#4 HauntedByBob

HauntedByBob

Screaming Brain

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,392 posts

Posted 10 July 2009 - 08:27 PM

QUOTE (TheEvilDoctor @ Jul 10 2009, 06:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I find it weirdly endearing.

#5 Jwb52z1

Jwb52z1

Minbari

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 399 posts

Posted 10 July 2009 - 09:32 PM

I can confirm that it's not acting. This actor has looked like that for 20 years that I know of now and probably more. It could possibly be the result of some scar tissue after facial surgery for a congenital defect when he was very young.
I originally signed up to SciFi.com in 1996, just for the information of anyone reading a post of mine. It's the changes to the board that caused my registration to have to read as if I am virtually new to the board.

#6 LadyNRA1

LadyNRA1

Wacky Professor

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,616 posts

Posted 11 July 2009 - 12:50 PM

Good grief, what is it with some of you guys (JWB excluded)??? Why do you find such delight in picking on people without knowing anything about them? It's childish and petty and not funny if that's what it's all about. There are quite a few actors that aren't "perfect" and I'm glad for that. Saul Rubinek, as JWB pointed out, has looked like that for better than 20 years. It may be a quirk of his from long ago or may be from something else but that's not an affectation. He always looks like that when he speaks. He was like that on ST:TNG, he was like that on Stargate and on every other role I've seen him in. David Hewlett from Stargate had something similar when he speaks, as does John Billingsley. Both of them have done that 'forever' as actors. May be a physical defect, may be an affectation they aren't aware of, but who cares. It's quirky and may make them appear less than perfect to you, but it doesn't bother me one bit.
Claudia: Would it have killed you to put a warning label on this thing?
Artie: Saying what? Only put on in case of stupid?

#7 HauntedByBob

HauntedByBob

Screaming Brain

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,392 posts

Posted 11 July 2009 - 01:23 PM

QUOTE (LadyNRA1 @ Jul 11 2009, 12:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Good grief, what is it with some of you guys (JWB excluded)??? Why do you find such delight in picking on people without knowing anything about them? It's childish and petty and not funny if that's what it's all about. There are quite a few actors that aren't "perfect" and I'm glad for that. Saul Rubinek, as JWB pointed out, has looked like that for better than 20 years. It may be a quirk of his from long ago or may be from something else but that's not an affectation. He always looks like that when he speaks. He was like that on ST:TNG, he was like that on Stargate and on every other role I've seen him in. David Hewlett from Stargate had something similar when he speaks, as does John Billingsley. Both of them have done that 'forever' as actors. May be a physical defect, may be an affectation they aren't aware of, but who cares. It's quirky and may make them appear less than perfect to you, but it doesn't bother me one bit.

Hey, I didn't say anything bad about him. I said it was weirdly endearing.

#8 PussCake

PussCake

Sleestak

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 95 posts

Posted 11 July 2009 - 06:50 PM

QUOTE (LadyNRA1 @ Jul 11 2009, 12:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

From what i've seen here more posts are supportive than not, so far.
Saying an actor has a character face, or is weirdly endearing is not necessarily a slant against them.

#9 pscard

pscard

Chosen One

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,195 posts

Posted 13 July 2009 - 03:24 PM

Saul looks good for a man who just turned 61 years of age.

BTW, his mouth doesn't looked twisted to me.

Here's his IMDB link: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0007210/

"Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called sons of God." (Matthew 5:9)

Let's declare 2014 as the Year of Love.

#10 LadyNRA1

LadyNRA1

Wacky Professor

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,616 posts

Posted 13 July 2009 - 03:37 PM

Actually you are right, he does look good for a guy of 61 and most of you didn't 'pick. Mostly I was caught up in the way the first post was worded, I guess. I've been a member of these boards for YEARS (though it doesn't look like it cuz they keep redoing things) and on so many threads and I guess I'm just tired of people focusing on some actor's differences other than the person's talent, which Saul R has in great abundance.
Claudia: Would it have killed you to put a warning label on this thing?
Artie: Saying what? Only put on in case of stupid?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users