• This topic is locked This topic is locked
23 replies to this topic

#1 RealityCheck101

RealityCheck101

Mansquito

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 July 2009 - 09:39 PM

Love the show but I thought I'd post this in hopes that Joanne Kelly would stop with the cosmetic surgery. Talking and not being able to move your lips is far from attractive. Episode 5 where she is reading from the book was quite revealing as she spoke with no lip movement. My apologies if this is some sort of problem other than just trying to look good. Anyway, just a thought.

#2 SunKrux

SunKrux

Cyborg

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,332 posts

Posted 30 July 2009 - 09:46 PM

Are you 100% sure it's cosmetic? I love how folks jump to the conclusion that her lips are like that because she's doing botox or some other cosmetic thing to them. Have any of you even STOPPED to consider that they could be (and might be) NATURALLY like that. There are people with lips like her NATURALLY.

Considering it would be a rather rude and too personal a question to ask her, I wish there was some way to prove to folks that her lips are either naturally the way they are or not, but since I respect her I won't be the one asking that or looking for information on it. IF she ever feels the need to reveal the truth or not, then that's up to her.

Posted Image
Joanne Kelly Live Journal comm
Got Sarcasm?
Ship who you like, respect other ships, and play nice!
avatar & sig banner by me - no snurching w/out permission!

Disclaimer: My comments are my opinion it is neither right or wrong. Nor is it meant to insult anyone who doesn't agree with it. It's just how I see things. I won't tell you, you're wrong for not agreeing with me, if you don't tell me I'm wrong for not agreeing with you. Also, I am not attacking anyone when I express my opinion. If my opinion offends you, that's your problem. Talk to me rather than reporting me & getting posts deleted. Thank you.

#3 easygordon

easygordon

Mostly Harmless

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,978 posts

Posted 30 July 2009 - 09:46 PM

QUOTE (RealityCheck101 @ Jul 30 2009, 09:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Love the show but I thought I'd post this in hopes that Joanne Kelly would stop with the cosmetic surgery. Talking and not being able to move your lips is far from attractive. Episode 5 where she is reading from the book was quite revealing as she spoke with no lip movement. My apologies if this is some sort of problem other than just trying to look good. Anyway, just a thought.

This is the most ridiculous complaint I've read yet. You're just searching for things to bitch about aren't you?

Please watch that scene again and you will realize that the audio in that scene where she's reading the poem is a voiceover, the sound of her voice in her head, she is not reading aloud.

Posted Image
Reviews of SF, Fantasy & Horror books, movies, TV, comics at templetongate.net

#4 TheGoonies

TheGoonies

Caprican

• Full Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 30 July 2009 - 09:54 PM

Well while we are on the topic of Joanne Kelly let me just say this. She is sexy as frell good lord the looks and the voice have done it for me ever since I saw her play Bianca. Isn't she Canadian? Maybe some of our posters from the Great White North can shed some light on her lips and there perfect poutiness once and for all.

#5 SunKrux

SunKrux

Cyborg

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,332 posts

Posted 30 July 2009 - 09:58 PM

QUOTE (TheGoonies @ Jul 30 2009, 09:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well while we are on the topic of Joanne Kelly let me just say this. She is sexy as frell good lord the looks and the voice have done it for me ever since I saw her play Bianca. Isn't she Canadian? Maybe some of our posters from the Great White North can shed some light on her lips and there perfect poutiness once and for all.

Yes she is Canadian. She said so at the Comic Con panel for the show this past weekend. Personally I could honestly care less about her lips. I wish folks would stop being so judgmental about her looks. As you said, she's sexy as frell. btw, it's they're (as in they are) not there (there is a place) wink.gif

Posted Image
Got Sarcasm?

Disclaimer: My comments are my opinion it is neither right or wrong. Nor is it meant to insult anyone who doesn't agree with it. It's just how I see things. I won't tell you, you're wrong for not agreeing with me, if you don't tell me I'm wrong for not agreeing with you. Also, I am not attacking anyone when I express my opinion. If my opinion offends you, that's your problem. Talk to me rather than reporting me & getting posts deleted. Thank you.

#6 TheGoonies

TheGoonies

Caprican

• Full Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 30 July 2009 - 10:10 PM

In my defense I only spelled their wrong because I am currently running 2 broadcasts, taking requests and being a giant nerd on the scifi boards biggrin.gif

#7 SunKrux

SunKrux

Cyborg

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,332 posts

Posted 30 July 2009 - 10:15 PM

QUOTE (TheGoonies @ Jul 30 2009, 10:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
In my defense I only spelled their wrong because I am currently running 2 broadcasts, taking requests and being a giant nerd on the scifi boards biggrin.gif

wink.gif Is that why you spelled it wrong again? wink.gif laugh.gif

Posted Image
Got Sarcasm?

#8 RealityCheck101

RealityCheck101

Mansquito

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 July 2009 - 10:15 PM

QUOTE (SunKrux @ Jul 30 2009, 10:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Are you 100% sure it's cosmetic? I love how folks jump to the conclusion that her lips are like that because she's doing botox or some other cosmetic thing to them. Have any of you even STOPPED to consider that they could be (and might be) NATURALLY like that. There are people with lips like her NATURALLY.

Considering it would be a rather rude and too personal a question to ask her, I wish there was some way to prove to folks that her lips are either naturally the way they are or not, but since I respect her I won't be the one asking that or looking for information on it. IF she ever feels the need to reveal the truth or not, then that's up to her.

I'm fully aware of how rude it may seem. No I'm not 100% sure it's cosmetic hence the "My apologies" part of my post. Are you 100% sure it's not cosmetic? Rude or too personal to ask? Please, I'm asking and if I could ask her to her face I would and would also give an apology if necessary. I would tell anyone having botox injections for the sake of looks alone it's not helping in anyway and would happily point out the inability to use proper function of the lip muscles. What is wrong with pointing out the flaws of cosmetic surgery? Heck look at Shannon Tweed, I bet it would have been nice for someone to have the guts to let her know she should think twice about those injections don't ya think?

#9 EddieFan21

EddieFan21

Caprican

• Full Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 30 July 2009 - 10:23 PM

QUOTE (RealityCheck101 @ Jul 30 2009, 10:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm fully aware of how rude it may seem. No I'm not 100% sure it's cosmetic hence the "My apologies" part of my post. Are you 100% sure it's not cosmetic? Rude or too personal to ask? Please, I'm asking and if I could ask her to her face I would and would also give an apology if necessary. I would tell anyone having botox injections for the sake of looks alone it's not helping in anyway and would happily point out the inability to use proper function of the lip muscles. What is wrong with pointing out the flaws of cosmetic surgery? Heck look at Shannon Tweed, I bet it would have been nice for someone to have the guts to let her know she should think twice about those injections don't ya think?

Her face and lips look just fine. This is one top that should be closed simply because you are attacking the actor and not the character.

#10 SunKrux

SunKrux

Cyborg

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,332 posts

Posted 30 July 2009 - 10:25 PM

No I'm not but you don't see me trying to tell her or anyone how to live their lives. It doesn't just seem rude, imho, it is rude, period. How would you feel if some total stranger came up to you and asked you to stop using colored contacts to change your eye color because they think it makes you look bad? That is essentially what you're doing here.

Why is it that you think it is your job to do tell her this? And yes I think it is rude to ask such a question, especially to a perfect stranger. Just because actors and actresses come into our homes via the boob tube, doesn't mean they know us. Questions or suggestions like yours will, imho, always be rude. As for Shannon Tweed, did you ever stop to think she doesn't care? No amount of anyone other than the person getting or not getting injections is going to stop someone from doing it. My complaining to smokers how disgusting the habit of smoking is hasn't stopped any smokers from smoking.

Posted Image
Got Sarcasm?

#11 easygordon

easygordon

Mostly Harmless

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,978 posts

Posted 30 July 2009 - 10:25 PM

Yeah, but how about replying to my post about the fact she was not reading aloud in that scene, so the "talking without moving her lips" comment was ridiculous.

Posted Image
Reviews of SF, Fantasy & Horror books, movies, TV, comics at templetongate.net

#12 txlucky1

txlucky1

Slan

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 14,226 posts

Posted 30 July 2009 - 10:32 PM

QUOTE (RealityCheck101 @ Jul 30 2009, 09:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Are you serious? This post is a joke right?

Syfy member since April 1999

#13 EddieFan21

EddieFan21

Caprican

• Full Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 30 July 2009 - 10:33 PM

There is NO reason to be bashing on the actress. How do we know if she has or hasn't had something done? We don't. This is the way people like TMZ and Radar Online get their rumor mills all filled. Leave Joanne alone.

#14 SunKrux

SunKrux

Cyborg

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,332 posts

Posted 30 July 2009 - 10:34 PM

QUOTE (txlucky1 @ Jul 30 2009, 11:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Are you serious? This post is a joke right?

Sadly I don't think it is. This is (sadly) not the first one I've see like this. :smile.gif

Posted Image
Got Sarcasm?

#15 SunKrux

SunKrux

Cyborg

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,332 posts

Posted 30 July 2009 - 10:34 PM

QUOTE (EddieFan21 @ Jul 30 2009, 11:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
There is NO reason to be bashing on the actress. How do we know if she has or hasn't had something done? We don't. This is the way people like TMZ and Radar Online get their rumor mills all filled. Leave Joanne alone.

Exactly! Thank you! biggrin.gif

Posted Image
Got Sarcasm?

#16 txlucky1

txlucky1

Slan

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 14,226 posts

Posted 30 July 2009 - 10:37 PM

QUOTE (SunKrux @ Jul 30 2009, 10:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sadly I don't think it is. This is (sadly) not the first one I've see like this. : smile.gif

How ridiculous. Easygordon already explained why her lips weren't moving in the scene mentioned. Also, if you go back and look at screen shots of her when she was in Jeremiah, her lips look full depending on the angle of the shot. I personally feel that her lips are natural. If not, they were done well and it is none of our business. Some people are just plain foolish.

Syfy member since April 1999

#17 SunKrux

SunKrux

Cyborg

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,332 posts

Posted 30 July 2009 - 10:43 PM

QUOTE (txlucky1 @ Jul 30 2009, 10:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
How ridiculous. Easygordon already explained why her lips weren't moving in the scene mentioned. Also, if you go back and look at screen shots of her when she was in Jeremiah, her lips look full depending on the angle of the shot. I personally feel that her lips are natural. If not, they were done well and it is none of our business. Some people are just plain foolish.

Exactly. Some people also don't realize that IF they are naturally the way they are, she might be self conscious about them and anything like this can be hurtful. :smile.gif

Posted Image
Got Sarcasm?

#18 hawkedup

hawkedup

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 30 July 2009 - 10:44 PM

Are you 100% sure it's not cosmetic?

Worst. Argument. Ever.

#19 SunKrux

SunKrux

Cyborg

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,332 posts

Posted 30 July 2009 - 10:47 PM

QUOTE (hawkedup @ Jul 30 2009, 11:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Worst. Argument. Ever.

Fail on your argument as well. Can you prove it is or isn't cosmetic? I can't which is why I asked that question.

Posted Image
Got Sarcasm?

#20 EddieFan21

EddieFan21

Caprican

• Full Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 30 July 2009 - 10:51 PM

You want to yell about her character, protrayal etc..go for it..but when it comes to her personal life and body..stop..leave her alone.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users