• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#1 Z71K9

Z71K9

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 02 August 2009 - 08:58 PM

Carter is driving around in a vintage (1990s) Jeep Cherokee with a 1980s lightbar.  I think its time that Carter gets a new vehicle.  Something that reflects new technology.  After all this is Eureka.  In the first season, Henry souped up his Crown Vic.  How about a Hybrid Chevy Tahoe or a nuclear powered new Camero.

#2 sexytwistedsister

sexytwistedsister

Wacky Professor

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,928 posts

Posted 02 August 2009 - 09:12 PM

QUOTE (Z71K9 @ Aug 2 2009, 06:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Carter is driving around in a vintage (1990s) Jeep Cherokee with a 1980s lightbar. I think its time that Carter gets a new vehicle. Something that reflects new technology. After all this is Eureka. In the first season, Henry souped up his Crown Vic. How about a Hybrid Chevy Tahoe or a nuclear powered new Camero.

Cool idea, but how about this: keep the vintage vehicle (quaint, fits the look of the town), BUT update it, ala Eureka! Not just the running/performance, but add all kinds of gadgets and gizmo's to the dashboard and have fun watching Carter learn to use them!

Whatdoya think?

Be Impeccable With Your Word. Speak with integrity. Say only what you mean.

`~ Don Miguel Ruiz

Words are powerful, folks. Never offer them without meaning or the intent to follow through. It puts your integrity at risk and impacts the lives of others, negatively if you aren't careful. In fact, words can be deadly weapons. Use them wisely.

#3 popwheels

popwheels

Contactee

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 721 posts

Posted 03 August 2009 - 09:44 PM

QUOTE (sexytwistedsister @ Aug 2 2009, 10:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Cool idea, but how about this: keep the vintage vehicle (quaint, fits the look of the town), BUT update it, ala Eureka! Not just the running/performance, but add all kinds of gadgets and gizmo's to the dashboard and have fun watching Carter learn to use them!

Whatdoya think?

You know he loves classics. Remember his favorite radio? Remember when he had to drive Beverly's car? Poor man needs some Detroit steele. As for souping it up, that's definitely appealing. Better make sure Fargo and Henry work together on the project. They should load SARAH into it, so he has help dealing with the upgrades.

#4 txangelntx

txangelntx

Viper Pilot

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 132 posts

Posted 03 August 2009 - 10:26 PM

QUOTE (popwheels @ Aug 3 2009, 09:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You know he loves classics. Remember his favorite radio? Remember when he had to drive Beverly's car? Poor man needs some Detroit steele. As for souping it up, that's definitely appealing. Better make sure Fargo and Henry work together on the project. They should load SARAH into it, so he has help dealing with the upgrades.

SARAH cant drive remember when she was uploaded in the that car when carters jeep had that meteorite strike it
my son ( coolj0098) posts on here and is addicted so I thought I would give it a try

#5 Graileon

Graileon

Caprican

• Full Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 03 August 2009 - 10:34 PM

I direct all to the Alternate Timeline episodes, Carter has a new vehicle and complains he wants his old jeep back (it was destroyed by a rogue tornado). I think changing his jeep would be like Carter becoming a GD Department head, It would prolly cause some laughs in some way but do you want to sacrifice all that we have come to know and love?

Even though in several episodes its obvious they are not hiding it well but overall the town is supposed to look like the average boring country town to make sure no unwanted visitors show up and start asking questions.... A GD Proto-type Anti Crime Law Enforcement Patrol Vehicle would be like the transfomers tapdancing on Broadway kinda hard to miss
Posted Image

#6 popwheels

popwheels

Contactee

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 721 posts

Posted 04 August 2009 - 08:47 PM

QUOTE (Graileon @ Aug 3 2009, 11:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I direct all to the Alternate Timeline episodes, Carter has a new vehicle and complains he wants his old jeep back (it was destroyed by a rogue tornado). I think changing his jeep would be like Carter becoming a GD Department head, It would prolly cause some laughs in some way but do you want to sacrifice all that we have come to know and love?

Even though in several episodes its obvious they are not hiding it well but overall the town is supposed to look like the average boring country town to make sure no unwanted visitors show up and start asking questions.... A GD Proto-type Anti Crime Law Enforcement Patrol Vehicle would be like the transfomers tapdancing on Broadway kinda hard to miss

True. Jack needs something normal that he can control, since the rest of his world is often upside down, and his car should be his car.

#7 Graileon

Graileon

Caprican

• Full Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 04 August 2009 - 11:26 PM

it would ruin the show if even Carter became all high tech, in several posts I sound off that its the average intellect and seeming old school way about carter that makes him the hero. If he became another GD drone or psuedo scientific type Eureka would implode during the next science fair at Tesla, although a single episode of all of Eureka becoming average and Carter gaining all their intellect and making the town walk a mile in his shoes would be funny, but overall Carter should have more simple things than advanced if he got lazy like the rest of the "brains" it would fall on who to save the day???
Posted Image

#8 cavtrooper

cavtrooper

Superhero

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,462 posts

Posted 04 August 2009 - 11:44 PM

They should give him a WWII Weapons carrier to drive super old school and off road capable plus it would be retro cool biggrin.gif

#9 Z71K9

Z71K9

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 05 August 2009 - 12:27 AM

I would like Carter to drive something from this decade. But if we have throw some Eureka tech into it, how about a something similar to SARAH but in another female voice. And neither of the two like each other.

#10 Mreen

Mreen

• PipPipPipPip
  • 18,026 posts

Posted 05 August 2009 - 12:46 PM

It's not ruining the show if Carter has to drive something high tech - it sort of is the theme of the show, that everything around him, and often in him, is high tech, and he has to deal with it. He's already living in a house that talks to him and tries to do everything for him (instead of an Aunt Bea) - having his jeep suddenly become a high tech machine, whether he likes it or not, would fit in perfectly.

If they replace the jeep entirely with a high tech weird looking thing, he'll be forced (happily) to destroy it to save the day by the end of the ep. So they should instead take his nice jeep, and futz it up with new equipment all the time - Fargo for the stuff that wont work and will be got rid of eventually, Henry for the keepers. Jack may not appreciate it, but it's part of living in this town and he secretly (well, not so secretly) loves the challenge of keeping up with it all. When he goes back to the other sectors (I'm surprised they haven't had one ep with him working a normal government job, just for contrast, out in the 'real world') they can hand him 'the latest devices in surveillance', etc, and start to tell him about it, and he can be -ah yeah, um, very high tech, but be the one who knows more about the devices as he used all the prototypes years ago. He can talk about the upcoming stuff and they can look at him funny for the techno babble spilling out of his mouth for a change.

They could have done that in the 'fired' ep, but by placing so long a time span between ep 8 and 9was it? they put themselves in a position where they needed a Eureka focused ep to assure viewers it was the same show they watched a few months ago.

But yes, souping up his jeep -electro solar powered with forcefields, etc, would be something I'd expect - with Henry installing something like better brake systems or short flight capability to handle jumping over obstacles caused by the latest earthquake imitating experiment. Or windows of mist substance, like his mask, to spray over the jeep when heading thru biological contaminants <g>

#11 sexytwistedsister

sexytwistedsister

Wacky Professor

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,928 posts

Posted 05 August 2009 - 12:54 PM

QUOTE (sexytwistedsister @ Aug 2 2009, 07:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Whatdoya think?

QUOTE (Mreen @ Aug 5 2009, 10:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It's not ruining the show if Carter has to drive something high tech - it sort of is the theme of the show, that everything around him, and often in him, is high tech, and he has to deal with it. He's already living in a house that talks to him and tries to do everything for him (instead of an Aunt Bea) - having his jeep suddenly become a high tech machine, whether he likes it or not, would fit in perfectly.

If they replace the jeep entirely with a high tech weird looking thing, he'll be forced (happily) to destroy it to save the day by the end of the ep. So they should instead take his nice jeep, and futz it up with new equipment all the time - Fargo for the stuff that wont work and will be got rid of eventually, Henry for the keepers. Jack may not appreciate it, but it's part of living in this town and he secretly (well, not so secretly) loves the challenge of keeping up with it all. When he goes back to the other sectors (I'm surprised they haven't had one ep with him working a normal government job, just for contrast, out in the 'real world') they can hand him 'the latest devices in surveillance', etc, and start to tell him about it, and he can be -ah yeah, um, very high tech, but be the one who knows more about the devices as he used all the prototypes years ago. He can talk about the upcoming stuff and they can look at him funny for the techno babble spilling out of his mouth for a change.

They could have done that in the 'fired' ep, but by placing so long a time span between ep 8 and 9was it? they put themselves in a position where they needed a Eureka focused ep to assure viewers it was the same show they watched a few months ago.

But yes, souping up his jeep -electro solar powered with forcefields, etc, would be something I'd expect - with Henry installing something like better brake systems or short flight capability to handle jumping over obstacles caused by the latest earthquake imitating experiment. Or windows of mist substance, like his mask, to spray over the jeep when heading thru biological contaminants <g>

Glad someone liked my/agreed with my idea. cool.gif
Maybe they'll address this next season.

Be Impeccable With Your Word. Speak with integrity. Say only what you mean.

`~ Don Miguel Ruiz

Words are powerful, folks. Never offer them without meaning or the intent to follow through. It puts your integrity at risk and impacts the lives of others, negatively if you aren't careful. In fact, words can be deadly weapons. Use them wisely.

#12 rickshaw1

rickshaw1

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 05 August 2009 - 11:14 PM

Carter is the town's fish out of water. Even his daughter leaves him in the dust on the technology. He likes the old classic stuff. yes, you could update his jeep, and it could have its funny moments, when he's frustrated that some insane use device pops up at an inconvient time, but the basic jeepness of his jeep needs to be there.

Remember the baseball game? The jeep is the same. Its those little moments of conflict that make the show work so well.

"Section 5?! I HATE that section!" its all part of the charm.

#13 Z71K9

Z71K9

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 09 August 2009 - 11:57 AM

Well, Joe got a new car in this last episode. Carter wants a new car but cant get one because of his driving record. The whole Tabitha thing in Fargo's car would have made Carter's vehicle kind a cool. Maybe a conflict between SARAH and Carter's Vehicle AI. With the exception of Fargo's Tabitha, Carter is driving the oldest, most fuel inefficient, ugly vehicle on the show.

#14 Travelinmann09

Travelinmann09

Sleestak

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 58 posts

Posted 09 August 2009 - 12:19 PM

If you go back to the pilot, The original sheriffs jeep was a 2005. presumably, Jack should have gotten that. I wonder why he was downgraded to a 10+ y/o jeep?
"Indeed"

#15 -Deleted

-Deleted

Superhero

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,141 posts

Posted 09 August 2009 - 12:47 PM

QUOTE (Z71K9 @ Aug 3 2009, 03:58 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Carter is driving around in a vintage (1990s) Jeep Cherokee with a 1980s lightbar. I think its time that Carter gets a new vehicle. Something that reflects new technology. After all this is Eureka. In the first season, Henry souped up his Crown Vic. How about a Hybrid Chevy Tahoe or a nuclear powered new Camero.

Subaru ? wink.gif

#16 Garrett241

Garrett241

Mansquito

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 August 2009 - 03:19 PM

"The whole Tabitha thing in Fargo's car would have made Carter's vehicle kind a cool. Maybe a conflict between SARAH and Carter's Vehicle AI."

That would have been funny.

#17 slowcheetah

slowcheetah

Viper Pilot

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 129 posts

Posted 11 August 2009 - 04:41 AM

Frankly, that whole car-with-a-soul-thingy reminds me of Knight Rider. It was kinda funny when it was new, in the 80s, nowadays it seems odd. The time of speaking cars is over (Audi Quattro had all that stuff back in the days, speaking car, digital speedo, people didn't like it).

I'm OK with his Jeep. You can't just give him a shiny new Camaro oder a Charger because it looks cool, they would be totally ill-equipped for anything off-road, except they'd give it an off-road transform mode, like in that Viper series from the 90s. Same for SUVs, those are poser cars and not for heavy duty, Carter needs a real cross country vehicle. Just got the idea, a Patrol would look good.

This is the MP-version of the German military.

Additionally, an all new high-tech car wouldn't suit him, right now it always has this "wait, here comes the old-school sheriff" feeling.

PS: Please don't make it a Subaru wink.gif
As my old pappy always used to say, he who fights and runs away, can run away another day.

#18 Stick28

Stick28

Minbari

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 338 posts

Posted 11 August 2009 - 09:57 AM

QUOTE (slowcheetah @ Aug 11 2009, 04:41 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Frankly, that whole car-with-a-soul-thingy reminds me of Knight Rider. It was kinda funny when it was new, in the 80s, nowadays it seems odd. The time of speaking cars is over (Audi Quattro had all that stuff back in the days, speaking car, digital speedo, people didn't like it).

I'm OK with his Jeep. You can't just give him a shiny new Camaro oder a Charger because it looks cool, they would be totally ill-equipped for anything off-road, except they'd give it an off-road transform mode, like in that Viper series from the 90s. Same for SUVs, those are poser cars and not for heavy duty, Carter needs a real cross country vehicle. Just got the idea, a Patrol would look good.

This is the MP-version of the German military.

Additionally, an all new high-tech car wouldn't suit him, right now it always has this "wait, here comes the old-school sheriff" feeling.

PS: Please don't make it a Subaru wink.gif

Yeah, Cheet!

He's an Old School LEO and he drives an Old School vehicle. That's his character. Why mess.

(Don't ya love Jewel?)

He who would surrender freedom to gain security deserves neither.

I invite you to visit my blog:
http://DefendYourRightsAmerica.com/

#19 SHADOWSTRIKER

SHADOWSTRIKER

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 11 August 2009 - 11:58 AM

i thank they should upgrade it but i thank they should keep the old old body on it and look at the fire trucks theres older

#20 cavtrooper

cavtrooper

Superhero

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,462 posts

Posted 11 August 2009 - 04:30 PM

If they need some thing New to drive make it a Ford Bronco I don't need Japanese it doen't do America any good at all dry.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users