14 replies to this topic

#1 Dione

Dione

Slan

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 14,674 posts

Posted 15 August 2009 - 10:46 AM

So, I know this might come off as a little rude, and I know that people age..but I can't help but notice something.

When I see William Shatner in TOS, he looks athletic, handsome, and frankly, gorgeous!

Now, when I'm looking at him..I see none of the appeal I see in him forty years ago. Yes, I'm aware that people gain weight when they age, but c'mon, there's a difference between aging and aging gracefully.

So, what happened?
Posted Image
May the stars carry your sadness away, May the flowers fill your heart with beauty, May hope forever wipe away your tears, And, above all, may silence make you strong.

#2 pscard

pscard

Chosen One

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,215 posts

Posted 15 August 2009 - 11:23 AM

One thing you must remember is that when people age, their metabolism slows down causing them to retain body fat. This is normal.
Also consider that we don't know what ailments Bill may be experiencing. In addition to that, for all we know, he may have a weak heart or some other kind of medical problem that prevents him from exercising. There are certain medications that cause people to retain water or gain weight. Do you remember how Jerry Lewis looked a few years ago? His increase in weight was due to medications.
I've always respected him as an actor because of the parts he's played, but in the last few years his roles are beginning to seem more like that of a buffoon (no disrespect intended, Bill). I'd like to see him back in more serious roles.

"Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called sons of God." (Matthew 5:9)

Let's declare 2014 as the Year of Love.

#3 Martok

Martok

Superhero

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,851 posts

Posted 15 August 2009 - 04:40 PM

I can't believe that they let a rock shaped like the one in the top picture on 1960's television.
I've finally done something no one has ever done. I found the lost kitty of Atlantis.

#4 Scrawny71

Scrawny71

Wacky Professor

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,553 posts

Posted 15 August 2009 - 06:45 PM

QUOTE (Martok @ Aug 15 2009, 10:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I can't believe that they let a rock shaped like the one in the top picture on 1960's television.

laugh.gif Shatner does look a bit uncomfortable, doesn't he?

You'd do it for Randolph Scott.

#5 ShiningPathofLight

ShiningPathofLight

Time Lord

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6,114 posts

Posted 16 August 2009 - 04:23 AM

William Shatner looks amazing for a dude that is almost ***80**** years old. I don't know of any 80 year old's that looks anywhere near as good as Shatner, if only we could all be so lucky.
Posted Image
"I don't care what I do when I grow up as long as I don't have to wear a suit and fly." Clark Kent-"Smallville"

#6 Scrawny71

Scrawny71

Wacky Professor

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,553 posts

Posted 16 August 2009 - 10:49 AM

QUOTE (ShiningPathofLight @ Aug 16 2009, 10:23 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
William Shatner looks amazing for a dude that is almost ***80**** years old. I don't of any 80 year old's that looks anywhere near as good as Shatner, if only we could all be so lucky.

My sentiments exactly. Lest we forget, he was in his mid-to-late 30s when making Star Trek.

You'd do it for Randolph Scott.

#7 pscard

pscard

Chosen One

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,215 posts

Posted 16 August 2009 - 02:18 PM

Let's just wish him the very best and thank him for all the years he's entertained us.
smile.gif

"Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called sons of God." (Matthew 5:9)

#8 vladthemechanic

vladthemechanic

Mansquito

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 August 2009 - 05:11 PM

A little too big?shatner_90.gif gif(click it!)

#9 vladthemechanic

vladthemechanic

Mansquito

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 August 2009 - 05:17 PM

Shatners the man. I loved his roast! Sulu layed a big wet one on him! smile.gif

#10 RileyJ24

RileyJ24

Peacekeeper

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 585 posts

Posted 31 August 2009 - 01:40 PM

QUOTE (ShiningPathofLight @ Aug 16 2009, 05:23 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
William Shatner looks amazing for a dude that is almost ***80**** years old. I don't of any 80 year old's that looks anywhere near as good as Shatner, if only we could all be so lucky.

I agree. I think he is doing okay for his age. He also appears to be like the Energizer bunny. He's everywhere and always doing something.

Posted Image

#11 anmracing

anmracing

Minbari

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 360 posts

Posted 01 September 2009 - 05:39 PM

I liked seeing him in Columbo.

Posted Image

The Battlestar meets the Satelite of Love

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

DONT YOU DARE CALL ME A FRAKIN' SCI FI GEEK!!!!!

#12 RileyJ24

RileyJ24

Peacekeeper

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 585 posts

Posted 12 September 2009 - 09:13 PM

He's kind of funny in the Priceline commercials. In a hokey sort of way.

Posted Image

#13 pscard

pscard

Chosen One

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,215 posts

Posted 17 September 2009 - 10:53 AM

QUOTE (RileyJ24 @ Sep 12 2009, 10:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
He's kind of funny in the Priceline commercials. In a hokey sort of way.

I think they were meant to be a little hocky.
Have you seen the latest with him in the air vent? When I saw it, I was thinking "Captain Kirk in the Jefferies tube."
smile.gif

#14 Annoyed58

Annoyed58

Superhero

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,741 posts

Posted 20 September 2009 - 11:06 AM

QUOTE (Dione @ Aug 15 2009, 11:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So, I know this might come off as a little rude, and I know that people age..but I can't help but notice something.

When I see William Shatner in TOS, he looks athletic, handsome, and frankly, gorgeous!

Now, when I'm looking at him..I see none of the appeal I see in him forty years ago. Yes, I'm aware that people gain weight when they age, but c'mon, there's a difference between aging and aging gracefully.

So, what happened?

Don't know how old you are, so I don't know how you can go about this. Take or save a picture of yourself when you are about 30, and then compare yourself to how you look when you are 80, if you live to that ripe old age. I have no idea what your appearance is, but assuming for the sake of discussion that you are or were a "hottie" in your youth or early adulthood, do you think you will be as physically attractive to a young/early adult male when you are 80?

Sorry, Dione, but people age, and that includes everyone.
--
"It may seem pointless but small talk is a vital dating skill. It helps to establish a rapport with your companion." - Starship Voyager's Holographic Doctor

"Perhaps there's something to be said for assimilation after all." - Former Borg Seven of Nine

#15 pscard

pscard

Chosen One

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,215 posts

Posted 20 September 2009 - 06:33 PM

QUOTE (Dione @ Aug 15 2009, 11:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

So, what happened?

McCoy: Do you know what you get if you feed a tribble too much?
Kirk: A fat tribble.
McCoy: No. You get a bunch of hungry little tribbles.
Kirk: Well, Bones, all I can suggest is you open a maternity ward.

Redux -
McCoy: Do you know what you get if you feed a starship captain too much?
Kirk: A bunch of hungry little starship captains.
McCoy: No. You get a fat starship captain.

smile.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users