• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 TheIncredibleGhostChase

TheIncredibleGhostChase

Mansquito

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 September 2009 - 08:03 PM

I don't think writing this here will get me any closer to really contacting someone with any power on the SyFy channel but here we go...

I consider myself 100% open minded , skeptical to anything without prove, objective, etc... With the consideration that every channel and show wants to have the largest audience appeal both subject wise and intellectually the following must be said.

Ghost Hunters is seriously one of the few quality shows on SyFy regardless, this coming from a huge fantasy lover for the rest of what syfy attempts to offer, and it is literally the only ghost show on television that can even be stood to watch.

This also being said, I am quickly becoming a fan of Destination Truth only because they are willing to consult with Ghost Hunters thus far. Watching the annoyingly nasal leader of the show is tolerable only for this reason, but while we're also on this topic seriously need to take more focus to other members of this new show because the nasally voice gets old quickly. However I believe the only way this show even has a chance is if they continue to consult with Jason and Grant's unwavering ability to objectionably and without emotional attachment be able to assess a situation based on the evidence. So that being said, good luck to Destination Truth if it is able to get its act together quickly while it can still catch on.

The ONLY complaint I wanted to say towards Ghost Hunters is at the editor, whomever this may be. For die hard fans like myself who are desperately trying to hear EVPs and what's going on during the investigation, the constant use of "eerie" sound effects might scare some amateur younger person unnerved by cheap tricks, the rest of us are here to watch the investigation and assessment of the evidence. The theme song is great. The team is finally great on both normal and the international series, BTW very big props to Jason and Grant for finally getting rid of Brian some time ago, he was the only weak point on the show, aside from the occasional drama or witch guest stars which I'm also not particularly fond of, but yes, thanks for getting rid of Brian!

Anyways, like I said from the beginning, this is going to have zero impact and I would really like to just talk to someone at the SyFy channel that has power in such an area but perhaps if a moderator notices this, he or she might point me in the right direction, even if that direction means traveling to the central HQ for SyFy itself.

Thanks a lot for reading

#2 KandyKorny

KandyKorny

Dune Messiah

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,719 posts

Posted 16 September 2009 - 08:18 PM

QUOTE (TheIncredibleGhostChase @ Sep 16 2009, 08:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't think writing this here will get me any closer to really contacting someone with any power on the SyFy channel but here we go...

I consider myself 100% open minded , skeptical to anything without prove, objective, etc... With the consideration that every channel and show wants to have the largest audience appeal both subject wise and intellectually the following must be said.

Ghost Hunters is seriously one of the few quality shows on SyFy regardless, this coming from a huge fantasy lover for the rest of what syfy attempts to offer, and it is literally the only ghost show on television that can even be stood to watch.

This also being said, I am quickly becoming a fan of Destination Truth only because they are willing to consult with Ghost Hunters thus far. Watching the annoyingly nasal leader of the show is tolerable only for this reason, but while we're also on this topic seriously need to take more focus to other members of this new show because the nasally voice gets old quickly. However I believe the only way this show even has a chance is if they continue to consult with Jason and Grant's unwavering ability to objectionably and without emotional attachment be able to assess a situation based on the evidence. So that being said, good luck to Destination Truth if it is able to get its act together quickly while it can still catch on.

The ONLY complaint I wanted to say towards Ghost Hunters is at the editor, whomever this may be. For die hard fans like myself who are desperately trying to hear EVPs and what's going on during the investigation, the constant use of "eerie" sound effects might scare some amateur younger person unnerved by cheap tricks, the rest of us are here to watch the investigation and assessment of the evidence. The theme song is great. The team is finally great on both normal and the international series, BTW very big props to Jason and Grant for finally getting rid of Brian some time ago, he was the only weak point on the show, aside from the occasional drama or witch guest stars which I'm also not particularly fond of, but yes, thanks for getting rid of Brian!

Anyways, like I said from the beginning, this is going to have zero impact and I would really like to just talk to someone at the SyFy channel that has power in such an area but perhaps if a moderator notices this, he or she might point me in the right direction, even if that direction means traveling to the central HQ for SyFy itself.

Thanks a lot for reading

Not the first and probably not the last times such thoughts have been voiced.....to no avail
Banned from posting for stating my opinion......or is it my relationship with a former Mod?
Read me

#3 RyanNREMTP

RyanNREMTP

Dune Messiah

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,888 posts

Posted 16 September 2009 - 08:29 PM

For years the background music and some other major stuff has been complained about but no one listens to us here. I guess it's since we don't pay anything to join the forum.

Besides if you think about it, the economy is bad right now. If they get rid of the music then someone will lose their job. Do we really want that on our mind?

I won't lose any sleep.
Posted Image
Pull Grant's collar for the PICT website.

#4 TheNightGoat

TheNightGoat

Superhero

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,069 posts

Posted 16 September 2009 - 08:46 PM

I like to turn off the sound and turn on closed captioning. So I can read what the EVPs are saying.
Evil, hell, Satan, goat, cheese, pickles,
onions on a sesame seed bun.

We will send 'round the most murkiest murkmen from Murkton
On a Monday, which is a murky day....

#5 faustlove

faustlove

Superhero

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,745 posts

Posted 16 September 2009 - 08:55 PM

QUOTE (TheNightGoat @ Sep 16 2009, 09:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I like to turn off the sound and turn on closed captioning. So I can read what the EVPs are saying.

Never thunk of that!
I'm just "Fluido en miedo!"
Posted Image Posted Image A foolish consistancy is the hobgoblin of little minds. Emerson
"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forego their use." Galileo
If it's true that our species is alone in the universe, then I'd have to say the universe aimed rather low and settled for very little. George Carlin

#6 Dreamsinger

Dreamsinger

Muppet of Science

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 12,099 posts

Posted 16 September 2009 - 11:27 PM

QUOTE (TheNightGoat @ Sep 16 2009, 06:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That's an excellent idea! I wonder why TAPS doesn't do that. It would make it so much easier to understand what those EVPs are saying. Have you suggested this to J&G? I'm sure they'd be very happy to hear about it. Plus, if they did it right they could get the close captioned to do morse code and get rid of that stupid K-II meter.

#7 MysterySkeptic

MysterySkeptic

Viper Pilot

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 154 posts

Posted 16 September 2009 - 11:32 PM

QUOTE (TheIncredibleGhostChase @ Sep 16 2009, 09:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks a lot for reading

There is only one way I think is possible to contact SyFy but you have to be a trained professional.
It is very risky!

I shouldn't tell you this, I don't think it's worth it.
Anyways here goes,

The best way you could contact SyFy is

become a ghost,

yes, it should do the trick, you could even give Jason and Grant a EVP on your concerns!
Just be careful I heard one guy he got trapped in a bottle and another was kidnapped and was forced into a circus side show.

#8 VictoriaHelene

VictoriaHelene

Cyborg

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,431 posts

Posted 17 September 2009 - 12:26 AM

Welcome to the forums. Try this:
NBC Tell us what you think about your favorite NBCU programs by becoming a TV panel member.

"However I believe the only way this show even has a chance is if they continue to consult with Jason and Grant's unwavering ability to objectionably and without emotional attachment be able to assess a situation based on the evidence. So that being said, good luck to Destination Truth if it is able to get its act together quickly while it can still catch on."

This is the 3rd season of DT and tonight was the 2nd episode so I think it caught on without Jason and Grant etc.
commenting on evidence. Also, how long have you been watching GH because I don't think you are watching the
same episodes as I am and I've seen every single one at least three times.

Dreamsinger posted in this thread and you will find a ton of information about the "evidence" by clicking
on the links at the bottom of his post. Since you have an open mind, please check them out and read
threads here.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
François, Duc de la Rochefoucauld (1630-1680):

"There are people fated to be silly; they not only perform silly acts by choice, but are even constrained to do so by fortune. "
The World's Smartest Muppet:
http://paranormal.da...s.com/?author=1
Once Upon a Time:
http://www.badpsychi...s...le&artid=37

#9 Lherick

Lherick

Sleestak

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 70 posts

Posted 17 September 2009 - 06:05 PM

QUOTE (TheIncredibleGhostChase @ Sep 16 2009, 08:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The ONLY complaint I wanted to say towards Ghost Hunters is at the editor, whomever this may be. For die hard fans like myself who are desperately trying to hear EVPs and what's going on during the investigation, the constant use of "eerie" sound effects might scare some amateur younger person unnerved by cheap tricks, the rest of us are here to watch the investigation and assessment of the evidence.

I believe he just insulted about 98% of our beloved forum population.
Posted Image

#10 BornAware

BornAware

Peacekeeper

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 499 posts

Posted 17 September 2009 - 06:20 PM

QUOTE (Lherick @ Sep 17 2009, 07:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I believe he just insulted about 98% of our beloved forum population.

HA HA HA HA! That really made me laugh!
I dream of a better tomorrow... where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives.

#11 TheIncredibleGhostChase

TheIncredibleGhostChase

Mansquito

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 October 2009 - 07:13 PM

QUOTE (BornAware @ Sep 17 2009, 06:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
HA HA HA HA! That really made me laugh!

smile.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users