5 replies to this topic

#1 JohnnyCavil

JohnnyCavil

Peacekeeper

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 508 posts

Posted 18 September 2009 - 11:12 AM

I wanna hear everyones favorite BSG lines from Eddie!

"You guys can sit here and listen to this. I'm gonna go to the head. Do something constructive...a little project I've been working on.." - Deadlock

laugh.gif
"I'll tell you the secret to avoiding hangovers. Don't stop drinkin'." - Saul Tigh

#2 Scrawny71

Scrawny71

Wacky Professor

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,553 posts

Posted 18 September 2009 - 01:31 PM

This is taken from the "Memorable Quotes" thread on the Caprica forum. Thought I'd include it since it has a few good Adama lines.

Battlestar Galactica, final season, "The Oath".

Soldier: Admiral! I checked the array. The equipment's been jury-rigged, sensors too.
Gaeta: Sergeant of the guards, get your marines in here, nobody gets in or out!
Enter guards.
Adama: What the hell are you doing? WHAT IS THIS?
Guard prepares to fire.
Soldier: Admiral!
Soldier pushes Adama out of line of fire. Guards fire. Soldier is hit
Gaeta: Hold your fire! Cease fire! Hold your fire! Nobody fires without my order! Admiral! Get your staff to stand down!
Tigh: You son of a b!tch!

Adama: Stand down, Colonel! Everyone! Stand down!
Adama (to Gaeta) You killed this boy.
Gaeta: Admiral Adama - I am removing you from command of this ship. I am taking you into custody on the charge of treason.
Adama: You swore an oath when you put that uniform on. You pledged to defend this ship and her crew.

Gaeta: You swore the same allegiance. What happened to your oath? For seven years I have done my frakking job, and for what? To take orders from a cylon? To let machines network our ship? You! You are not the leader that you were when we started. You're just a sad old man who has let his heart and his affection for a cylon cloud his judgement.
Adama: I WANT YOU ALL to understand this! If you do this - there will be no forgiveness; no amnesty.

Adama (to Gaeta): This boy ... died honouring his uniform. You ... You'll die with nothing.
Gaeta: Sergeant of the guards. Take the senior staff, put them in a holding cell, place Admiral Adama and Colonel Tigh under arrest! Do it!
Sergeant (to Adama): Sir...
Adama: Don't touch me!
Sergeant: Yessir.
Gaeta: Take him!
Exit Sergeant and Adama.
You'd do it for Randolph Scott.

#3 SixFan

SixFan

Wacky Professor

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,712 posts

Posted 19 September 2009 - 11:47 PM

Read his lips.

Attached Images

• BillShoveIt.gif

All of this has happened before and will happen again.

Posted Image

#4 dagojr

dagojr

Contactee

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 725 posts

Posted 20 September 2009 - 02:51 AM

Do your job!

#5 Secuutus

Secuutus

Time Lord

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6,691 posts

Posted 20 September 2009 - 03:07 AM

In, You Can't Go Home Again, when Lee asks what would've happened if it had been him who was missing in action and Adama answers, "We'd never leave."

And, on the other end of the spectrum, in Occupation when Adama tells Lee to, "Get your fat *** out of here."

Hurray for father/son moments. happy.gif

#6 NoDifferentFlesh

NoDifferentFlesh

Superhero

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,765 posts

Posted 21 September 2009 - 09:00 AM

There are a lot of great Adama lines, but the scene I've been thinking about since I saw this thread is when Starbuck has to sit out the mission in Hand of God.

Starbuck: I just hope that Lee can...
Adama: Lee isn't the problem. You should take a good look at yourself. I had to go through the same transition. When you're in the cockpit, you're in control. It's hard to give it up.
Starbuck: It would just be a lot easier if I was flying with them.
Adama: All you can do now is wait and hope you didn't make any mistakes.
Starbuck: I never wanted this kind of responsibility.
Adama: The Cylons never asked us what we wanted. Welcome to the big leagues.

I love that scene.
"... people do get hypnotized by the hard choices. And stop looking for alternatives. The will to be stupid is a very powerful force but there are always alternatives. Surely it's more important to be loyal to a person than a principle." -- Miles Vorkosigan, Brothers in Arms

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users