9 replies to this topic

#1 scifiadmin1

scifiadmin1

Administrator

• Administrators
  • Pip
  • 570 posts

Posted 27 September 2009 - 03:11 PM

Welcome to a friendly haven for Syfy Games fans' personal news, views, and other chat not necessarily related to games. But games are good.

#2 strikesback5

strikesback5

Viper Pilot

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 151 posts

Posted 01 October 2009 - 05:51 PM

Today, Thursday, October 1, 2009 AD (Gregorian calendar) at 2:25(ish) PM (GMT-6 / Central Standard Time) was the best time frame in my life. Alright, so I 'like' (you should know what I mean by that) a certain individual (she is a Freshman and 14; I'm a Junior and 16). Well, we formally met today for the first time (we ride the same bus). I sat in the seat across from her on the way home from school. I "broke the ice" (spoke to her for the first time) and asked a question (and sort of made a joke). She then told me her name and I told her mine. Then we stopped talking and about 2 minutes (well it may have been 30 seconds, but it felt like 2 minutes) later she started talking to me. We talked about what we like to do, our favorite music, etc. We got along great, we just connected on so many levels and were happy. Then about 10 minutes later (we were talking like the whole time before this moment) some Egyptian kid sat next to her and kinda joked around with her. I then nudged the Egyptian kid and asked him if he could please go back to his seat (and told him that three is a crowd, in a very polite and respectful manner), apparently he got my meaning (or just decided to do what I said because I'm older, stronger, and he realized he was intruding) and decided to sit in a seat behind me. Brittany then said I could sit next to her and so I did. We then talked some more and she gave me her MySpace profile and told me to add her. Then it was her stop so I got up and she left. I then got off at my stop (at about 2:45 PM [GMT-6 / Central Standard Time]) later on and I went home, created a MySpace account, and added her as a friend, she accepted and we have talked online some. Please don't say anything stupid like "Why are you so specific with the time and stuff?" (because I like to be that way when posting online) or "Have sex with her." (because I don't believe in sex before marriage) or anything else that is rude, sarcastic, stupid, or just plain trolling. Do you think she likes me too?
Posted Image

#3 strikesback5

strikesback5

Viper Pilot

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 151 posts

Posted 03 October 2009 - 01:28 PM

United Gamers Alliance memorial :: http://ugalliance.ip...hp?showtopic=14

SS Free memorial :: http://s1.zetaboards.../topic/2355594/

Facebook memorial :: http://www.facebook....id=175174345399
Posted Image

#4 strikesback5

strikesback5

Viper Pilot

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 151 posts

Posted 10 October 2009 - 10:26 AM

I'm supposed to (and at one point in time I did) have 70 GB on my C drive and 70 GB on my D drive. However, my C drive only has like 10 GB on it now, and only 5 of that GB is being used up. I used to have a bunch of stuff on my computer, but I uninstalled and deleted almost all of it, yet the memory didn't clear up (atleast not enough to make much of a difference). I think my 'C:\Windows' folder and 'System 32' and stuff like that has like 60 GB in it that is being used and shouldn't be. How can I free up my C drive? By the way, I'm using a Windows XP (Media Center), in case you need to know that to tell me how to fix the problem.
Posted Image

#5 strikesback5

strikesback5

Viper Pilot

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 151 posts

Posted 14 October 2009 - 08:10 PM

Alright, so I thought I fell in "love", however, it is really complicated and I feel as though I have been <s>somewhat of</s> a jerk now. Please, allow me to elaborate. I fell for one of my <s>good</s> best, however, after a long and drawn out sequence of events, I discovered she didn't like me the same way. Eventually, she found out about the crush I had on her and I've sort of dragged things on a bit. She only wants to be friends now, and now, so do I. I kept telling myself (and her) that, but I never actually truly believed it. Now, I am going to try and completely "bury the hatchet", and try to put it behind us (that's what she wants, and now, that is entirely what I want). I will have no regrets of this, and from this point fourth, actions will speak louder than words (especially half-baked promises that I meant to be true but accidentally slipped up on). I do believe I will require a stronger willpower to go through with this though. The reason being, one of my good friends, Elijah, called me a stalker (because I still had feelings for her after finding out from a mutual friend that she didn't feel the same way about me), does having a crush on someone (and making a couple bad decisions, like coming on too strong, going out of my way to hint that I like her, and various other stupid things that I now regret doing entirely) truly make you a stalker? I am quitting this stupidity now, not only because it's the right thing to do, because it's what she wants, or to salvage our friendship, but rather all three of those things, plus I now see the error of my ways and wish to do so. I would hate for one or both of us to be uncomfortable around each other as friends, just over some stupid teenage crush. So I am putting an end to it, and respecting her wishes (as well as my own) by going back to just being friends. In fact, I believe I may have unconsciously showed my affection a few times (i.e. my Final Fantasy XI character is named after her and commenting on every single one of her Facebook statuses). I also want to show her (as well as myself), that I don't want that sort of vibe, just as she doesn't, or we will always hate (and/or feel uncomfortable around each other) for the rest of our lives, and neither of us want to lose our very close friendship over something so trivial and stupid. Right now I am actually sad, I'm almost never said (only been sad twice in like 3 years; when my cousin died about a week ago and now), I really screwed up bad, and now I just feel terrible, I am almost crying (not that I <s>ussually</s> ever cry) because of what I've done (see above), I feel so sorry for what I've done to Tabitha (made her feel awkward and/or bad/sad around me), I don't even know where to begin to make it up to her (however, I have decided that putting an end to this one-sided romance is the best course of action for my first step). Anyone have any advice, questions, commentary?
Posted Image

#6 fatladie

fatladie

Mansquito

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 October 2010 - 06:09 PM

When i play the game of the week to get 100 points why i dont get the points.

#7 DeeStRoYeR

DeeStRoYeR

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 31 January 2011 - 04:52 PM

I'm kind of sick not having a Admin answer anything in forums. Any help at all?

#8 Tdawg01

Tdawg01

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 11:29 PM

When are the system Admins/Mods on? The Dark Orbit game site crashes atlease once every 2 months or so on SYFY. This time all the games have crashed on SYFY. I checked to see if it was DO itself, or if it was SYFY and it is all SYFY games. Can anyone explain why this keeps happening? I have been dedicated player for around 3 years or so now and have never got a response from anyone that has control of SYFY Games. A little response to what is happening would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Tdawg93

#9 graybrew1

graybrew1

Superhero

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,051 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 07:03 AM

There is a new game out in development. I am really hoping this ones makes it to it's funding goal. It appears today that it will.For any that are interested.

http://www.kickstart...s/project-godus

I am getting one of these digital copies of the games if they make it, fingers and toes crossed on this one.

"In wine there is wisdom, in beer there is freedom, in water there is bacteria."

-Benjamin Franklin

#10 pscard

pscard

Chosen One

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,883 posts

Posted 29 May 2014 - 07:24 PM

Found this game on Nat Geo's website under Cosmos. It's called 'Solar System Builder':

http://channel.natio...system-builder/

It's a lot of fun, but my planets keep crashing into the stars.

"Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called sons of God." (Matthew 5:9)

Let's declare 2014 as the Year of Love.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users