• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 jbzer

jbzer

Mansquito

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 October 2009 - 09:59 PM

I have yet to watch one of Josh Grogan's stories where he supplies any substanial proof on what he is trying (and I really mean just trying) to prove exists. .001% of the time he shows an image that one cannot really see of the object, creature, other whatever that he is trying to expose. The rest of the time it is just about him, the team, the weather, the what he thinks he sees (i.e not the ideal weather to see the thing, the big shawdow under the water where... I got the thermal, did anyone catch that, I had it on here but I lost it, we did not have anything on camera to confirm it, etc), as he says "go. go ,go, .... I thought I saw ...." then nothing.

SciFI.... Please .... his ego is tooooooooooooo large and so fake. You are waisting a full hour at a clip on a show that proves "NOTHING"! He does not provide a positive image for SciFy.

Also, please do not waist the time to ask "Ghost Hunter" hosts to validate this show. I questioned "Ghost Hunter's" validation at first, then, after 2 or 3 shows, they proved their credibility! Why should they be asked to provie credibility to "Destination Truth"?

Thank You,

Faithful SciFy Watcher!

#2 Fox_Water

Fox_Water

Caprican

• Full Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 07 October 2009 - 10:24 PM

QUOTE (jbzer @ Oct 7 2009, 10:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    I have yet to watch one of Josh Grogan's stories where he supplies any substanial proof on what he is trying (and I really mean just trying) to prove exists. .001% of the time he shows an image that one cannot really see of the object, creature, other whatever that he is trying to expose. The rest of the time it is just about him, the team, the weather, the what he thinks he sees (i.e not the ideal weather to see the thing, the big shawdow under the water where... I got the thermal, did anyone catch that, I had it on here but I lost it, we did not have anything on camera to confirm it, etc), as he says "go. go ,go, .... I thought I saw ...." then nothing.

SciFI.... Please .... his ego is tooooooooooooo large and so fake. You are waisting a full hour at a clip on a show that proves "NOTHING"! He does not provide a positive image for SciFy.

Also, please do not waist the time to ask "Ghost Hunter" hosts to validate this show. I questioned "Ghost Hunter's" validation at first, then, after 2 or 3 shows, they proved their credibility! Why should they be asked to provie credibility to "Destination Truth"?

Thank You,

Faithful SciFy Watcher!

Well if you dont like it then dont watch it no ones forcing you to watch it instead on coming on here and bashing it to make fans of the show just watch something else its that simple.

#3 DoverDemon

DoverDemon

Contactee

• Full Members
    • PipPip
    • 652 posts

Posted 07 October 2009 - 10:30 PM

Not sure what Josh Grogan has to do with Destination Truth regardless the show is not about capturing evidence if they do it is a bonus. Josh Gates is what makes the show go. It is about entertainment and exotic locales. They do try to look for things but on a limited scale in regards to equipment and time involved. I enjoy the scenery, the humor and the concept behind each event they are pursuing. If it was really about capturing evidence they would spend a week on location and use much better equipment and more advanced technology. Just enjoy it for what it is and if it is not your thing watch something else. I have to disagree about Ghost Hunters credibility that went out the window several episodes ago.
    Posted Image

Posted Image

#4 lillyjay2008

lillyjay2008

Time Lord

• PipPipPipPip
    • 6,420 posts

Posted 08 October 2009 - 12:47 PM

QUOTE (jbzer @ Oct 7 2009, 09:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thank You,

Faithful SciFy Watcher!

Posted Image

JOSH GATES

'Stranded'
    wednesday 10pm /9pm central

Lets See, Lock a bunch of Newbie Ghost Hunters in a Dark Haunted Building for five days and nights, miles from anybody,! No Crew , Give them the cameras and tools to investigate, Just leave them,

'STRANDED'

Oh Hell Yeah, I can SOOOO do that. lol

Posted Image

#5 thezombies

thezombies

Peacekeeper

• Full Members
    • Pip
    • 426 posts

Posted 08 October 2009 - 12:59 PM

And what does his 'waist' have to do with it?

#6 DoverDemon

DoverDemon

Contactee

• Full Members
    • PipPip
    • 652 posts

Posted 10 October 2009 - 08:25 AM

We need to be careful, looks like an attack.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#7 MacSheep

MacSheep

Mansquito

• Full Members
    • 13 posts

Posted 10 October 2009 - 02:01 PM

QUOTE (lillyjay2008 @ Oct 8 2009, 01:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I just love your sarcasm! And I totally agree with you!

What's the use in watching a programme if you don't like it anyway?
    Flying is simple; Just throw yourself at the ground and miss...

#8 missmarci

missmarci

Mansquito

• Full Members
    • 4 posts

Posted 10 October 2009 - 10:09 PM

Obviously, Josh Gates and his crew are putting alot of time, money, effort and (williness to travel far) to either capture evidence or debunk the claims. Destination truth has brought fourth evidence that has been researched and accepted by professionals, whom give their opinion on t.v.... Ghost Hunters has provided exceptional evidence, that has not been disputed by professionals or many veiwers, when questioned. To each his own...

#9 seabreaker

seabreaker

Mansquito

• Full Members
    • 3 posts

Posted 13 October 2009 - 01:13 AM

QUOTE (DoverDemon @ Oct 7 2009, 10:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Not sure what Josh Grogan has to do with Destination Truth regardless the show is not about capturing evidence if they do it is a bonus. Josh Gates is what makes the show go. It is about entertainment and exotic locales. They do try to look for things but on a limited scale in regards to equipment and time involved. I enjoy the scenery, the humor and the concept behind each event they are pursuing. If it was really about capturing evidence they would spend a week on location and use much better equipment and more advanced technology. Just enjoy it for what it is and if it is not your thing watch something else. I have to disagree about Ghost Hunters credibility that went out the window several episodes ago.

You know it's interesting that you would state things this way DoverDemon due to the fact that as the show progressed I have viewed it more of some thing that would appear on the Travel Channel than on SciFi except for the Monster Quest direction.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users