• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 JustPassing

JustPassing

Mansquito

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 October 2009 - 11:04 PM

During the scene when she arrived back at the castle and was walking away from the discussion, she turns back and I honestly immediately thought she was pregnant. The scarf 'strategically' draped during the shot just reinforced my thought.

To be clear I don't think she's fat, she certainly isn't showing any weight in her face, but she looked pregnant to me.

#2 BattleStargalacticGate

BattleStargalacticGate

Sleestak

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 62 posts

Posted 10 October 2009 - 11:09 PM

QUOTE (JustPassing @ Oct 11 2009, 12:04 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
During the scene when she arrived back at the castle and was walking away from the discussion, she turns back and I honestly immediately thought she was pregnant. The scarf 'strategically' draped during the shot just reinforced my thought.

To be clear I don't think she's fat, she certainly isn't showing any weight in her face, but she looked pregnant to me.

I think she always had that little pouch. That is what some women like to refer to that area of the tummy. If you look at her other shows such as SG1 or SGA you will notice it.

#3 JustPassing

JustPassing

Mansquito

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 October 2009 - 11:28 PM

QUOTE (BattleStargalacticGate @ Oct 11 2009, 12:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think she always had that little pouch. That is what some women like to refer to that area of the tummy. If you look at her other shows such as SG1 or SGA you will notice it.

This is not a little pouch, this looks like a pregnancy.

screengrab attached, you notice it more in the scene and then look at the way she carried herself in other scenes.

Attached Thumbnails

• tapping_pregnant_query.jpg

#4 BattleStargalacticGate

BattleStargalacticGate

Sleestak

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 62 posts

Posted 11 October 2009 - 11:20 AM

It does seems a little big. Maybe she is pregnant. But she is in her 40's. I didn't think most women want to have a child at that age since it is too risky.

However, here is a picture of her from Comic Con 2007. It seems a little big back then too.

http://www.flickr.co...bar/1175547277/

#5 Afanwhocomments

Afanwhocomments

Minbari

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 372 posts

Posted 11 October 2009 - 11:50 AM

She's an actress ,not an Olympic athlete whose prioriy it is to rack up miles in a pool or asphalt. I've noticed the LITTLE pouch as well. For someone in her 40s not training like a UFC champ she looks fine to me.

I did notice in the picture posting that the coat she is wearing appears to be purposely made tight or have a band around the lower ribs which could actually pull the lower part of the coat outward. I had to stare at the single frame picture to pick it up though.

#6 SGUsucks

SGUsucks

Caprican

• Full Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 11 October 2009 - 12:02 PM

Geez... can't a gal put on a few pounds as she ages?

I don't look at her in that way. I'm still amazed at how flawlessly she can pull that british accent out of nowhere and deliver a great performance.

#7 BattleStargalacticGate

BattleStargalacticGate

Sleestak

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 62 posts

Posted 11 October 2009 - 01:13 PM

I don't think the OP was thinking of her being overweight nor did I.

I got no problem of how anyone look. I like all the actors/actress. They are all great people. All the women are hot. But some are better than other at acting.

I love the show and looking forward to see more of it.

#8 usatimelord28524

usatimelord28524

Minbari

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 322 posts

Posted 11 October 2009 - 08:54 PM

I didn't even notice it until it was mentioned. I hope shes not pagneat because that might limit her role on the new SG-1 movie. Shes looks great by the way.

#9 pdleod

pdleod

Minbari

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 356 posts

Posted 12 October 2009 - 09:29 AM

could be, she had her first child a few years ago and another is due. But, given the time differential, she would have had it by now and pictures would be out there of her and baby. No reason for her and hubby to hide a child.There are certain normal body changes that humans go through when they age. That is unless they are the type of freak who spends more time exercising than anything else.

#10 Arionrod

Arionrod

Caprican

• Full Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 07 November 2009 - 08:59 PM

QUOTE (Afanwhocomments @ Oct 11 2009, 11:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
She's an actress ,not an Olympic athlete whose prioriy it is to rack up miles in a pool or asphalt. I've noticed the LITTLE pouch as well. For someone in her 40s not training like a UFC champ she looks fine to me.

I did notice in the picture posting that the coat she is wearing appears to be purposely made tight or have a band around the lower ribs which could actually pull the lower part of the coat outward. I had to stare at the single frame picture to pick it up though.

I don't think anyone was saying she is fat cause she is SO NOT...I actually thought she might be pregnant because they seem to be doing strategic preggers shots like they do for women who are having babies and it isn't written into the show...where they shoot from just above the waist & up then cut away to another character. Also all of her outfits have been black, which is another trick in the movie world as it is suppossedly meant to be a slimming color...I mean the time they showed her in the kick *** outfit when she was defending the other Sanctuary was one of the few times this entire season I think they did a full body shot of her...and it just looked like a woman who might be at the beginning of a pregnancy with a lil bump, and if she is CONGRATS. That's excellent...and if not then seems like a lot of odd camera angles considering how they shot her last season.
Not all who wander are lost...

#11 RCHPL

RCHPL

Minbari

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 367 posts

Posted 08 November 2009 - 12:51 AM

wth! - really! - she is an absolutely stunning 40ish woman - we should all look that good at 40

#12 joycebee

joycebee

Viper Pilot

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 111 posts

Posted 08 November 2009 - 01:58 PM

Amanda Tapping is a beautiful 44(?) year old woman. I was so happy in the hosing down scene that you could not see bones sticking out of her back. She is a woman, not an under weight stick girl. Give us girls a break. Giving birth can do cruel things to our bodies, believe me , I know. But it's all worth it.

If she is pregnant, God bless her. She looks great. At her age it is considered a high risk pregnancy, but woman are having their first child later in life all the time these days.

#13 _Nik_

_Nik_

Mansquito

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 April 2010 - 04:25 AM

It does seems a little big. Maybe she is pregnant. But she is in her 40's. I didn't think most women want to have a child at that age since it is too risky.

However, here is a picture of her from Comic Con 2007. It seems a little big back then too.

http://www.flickr.co...bar/1175547277/

That is just here shape i think - i noticed it more in Sanctuary Season 2: Kali part 1. just after Will is taken and she arrives in India and is talking to Kate. As the camera angle changes you can see she has a very preggy belly.

#14 pscard

pscard

Chosen One

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,008 posts

Posted 23 April 2010 - 05:45 AM

Maybe she's giving birth to a Gou'uld sybiote?
<_<

"Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called sons of God." (Matthew 5:9)

Let's declare 2014 as the Year of Love.

#15 GateworldRocky89

GateworldRocky89

Viper Pilot

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 179 posts

Posted 23 April 2010 - 10:24 AM

Wow, quite an interesting topic. <_<

She had her first and only child in 05, and she's not pregnant now. I'll admit back when she had her daughter, she did gain a little bit of weight, but that's normal, and she's lost most of that weight since, and I read some comments from people saying they thought she was pregnant after seeing Ark of Truth, at the end with Sam and Cam in the infirmary when she turned and look a little big. Even at 44 she looks absolutely amazing for her age, not that 44 is old. :)

And as for the hose scene, I wasn't too happy about what was going on, but yeah, she didn't look all bones, or frail, she looked like a healthy, fit 158, or in Amanda's case, 44. :P Oh and Nik, do you have caps from that scene in Kali?

Posted Image

#16 ladydeadlock

ladydeadlock

Returnee

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 814 posts

Posted 25 April 2010 - 01:37 PM

Oh My frakking gods! I can't believe this is even a topic! Amanda is a REAL woman who looks amazingly hot! I'm sorry, I just came across this post and got kinda P*ssed which I don't normally do but...aaaarrgghh!! I'm sooooooo sick of seeing nothing but stick women and when I see this, a woman looks pregnant because she's not a stick figure? Amanda is one of the most beautiful women I've seen and that's not only her physical gorgeousness but from her awesome personality.

Ok, I'm done ranting. Sorry I just had to get that out. Peace.

#17 MissCheerfully

MissCheerfully

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 03:58 PM

Oh My frakking gods! I can't believe this is even a topic! Amanda is a REAL woman who looks amazingly hot! I'm sorry, I just came across this post and got kinda P*ssed which I don't normally do but...aaaarrgghh!! I'm sooooooo sick of seeing nothing but stick women and when I see this, a woman looks pregnant because she's not a stick figure? Amanda is one of the most beautiful women I've seen and that's not only her physical gorgeousness but from her awesome personality.

Ok, I'm done ranting. Sorry I just had to get that out. Peace.

+1
Seriously, Amanda's not pregnant, actually she's been trying to have Ollie for a long time because 'it' wasn't really working, I heard, but it is just rumours, that her pregnancy was very hard, so I don't think she really wants to try again. On the photos and tweeter, we understand Olivia is Amy's life, nothing less, even if, for me 44 isn't so late to have a child (my parents didn't have me earlier xD and there was no problem), Amy isn't pregnant, her belly isn't a pregnant one xD She absolutely stunning, and OMG how could you have loved the shower sceeeeene? I mean, it was a very awesome scene but suuuuch horrible! I was so afraid watching it and *cough*crying a bit*cough*. xD
DTA ~ Devoted to Amanda
http://misscheerfuly.wordpress.com/

#18 wildraven

wildraven

Viper Pilot

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 157 posts

Posted 07 May 2010 - 04:24 PM

I think she looks great, just because a woman isn't 95lbs doesn't mean she's preggers, lol.

#19 ladydeadlock

ladydeadlock

Returnee

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 814 posts

Posted 17 May 2010 - 06:41 PM

I think she looks great, just because a woman isn't 95lbs doesn't mean she's preggers, lol.

AMEN AND AMEN! Thank you!

#20 Alexandria79

Alexandria79

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 18 May 2010 - 06:05 AM

Some women get that after giving birth, especially if it was a C-Section as the muscles will always be weaker there. She does have a child. No idea if she's pregnant now or not though. <_<

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users