• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 paradiseyota

paradiseyota

Mansquito

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 November 2009 - 04:49 AM

can somebody tell me how to apply on the ghost hunters academy?

#2 DrObvious

DrObvious

Cyborg

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,444 posts

Posted 13 November 2009 - 08:22 AM

It would go a long way to prove your investigative skills by finding out the answer yourself..........

1. Do a search of this forum for the many threads already existing here, the question has already been answered.

2. Do a Google search for the website of the production company that produces the show for SighFY. (Pilgrim Films)

rolleyes.gif

The Doctor

#3 SarahJaneway

SarahJaneway

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 13 November 2009 - 01:25 PM

QUOTE (DrObvious @ Nov 13 2009, 09:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It would go a long way to prove your investigative skills by finding out the answer yourself..........

1. Do a search of this forum for the many threads already existing here, the question has already been answered.

2. Do a Google search for the website of the production company that produces the show for SighFY. (Pilgrim Films)

rolleyes.gif

Wow unhelp full to people and tool like ummm so nice and help full do you work in the career field with people?

#4 SarahJaneway

SarahJaneway

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 13 November 2009 - 01:33 PM

QUOTE (SarahJaneway @ Nov 13 2009, 01:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Wow unhelp full to people and tool like ummm so nice and help full do you work in the career field with people?

cuz some times its easer to ask if some one has the anwser lol

#5 DrObvious

DrObvious

Cyborg

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,444 posts

Posted 13 November 2009 - 01:57 PM

QUOTE (SarahJaneway @ Nov 13 2009, 02:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

QUOTE (SarahJaneway @ Nov 13 2009, 02:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
cuz some times its easer to ask if some one has the anwser lol

Actually it is helpful -- that is where the answer can be found......

An answer by a poster here may not be right -- always trust you own research......

Your post was no help at all to the OP..........

The Doctor

#6 Dione

Dione

Slan

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 14,674 posts

Posted 13 November 2009 - 02:08 PM

so why do you want to be on Ghost Hutners? They don't pay much, you know
Posted Image
May the stars carry your sadness away, May the flowers fill your heart with beauty, May hope forever wipe away your tears, And, above all, may silence make you strong.

#7 Scalebane

Scalebane

Viper Pilot

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 153 posts

Posted 13 November 2009 - 05:39 PM

http://www.pilgrimfi.../GHCasting.html

You’ve watched Jason, Grant and the rest of the TAPS family investigate the paranormal from Rhode Island to Romania. Now YOU have a chance to join one of our Ghost Hunters teams!
The SYFY network and Pilgrim Films and Television invite you to apply for a position as an investigator, researcher, team leader or tech expert on one of our Ghost Hunters franchises. You have knowledge and experience that could make you the perfect ghost hunter. So contact producers now!
Simply send an email to GhostHuntersCasting@gmail.com with the following information:

Your name
Your best phone number(s)
Your city/state
A clear, recent photograph of yourself
A brief description of why you’d be perfect for Ghost Hunters International or Ghost Hunters Academy.
If you have the skills and courage to be a ghost hunter, tell us about it TODAY!!!

To learn more about Pilgrim Films & Television and the other shows we do click here.

found the info from their twitter.
http://twitter.com/PilgrimFilms

#8 Gary101

Gary101

Wacky Professor

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,888 posts

Posted 16 November 2009 - 05:23 PM

QUOTE (paradiseyota @ Nov 13 2009, 04:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I guess the easiest thing is to literally keep searching these forums for a post about it since some posters have posted links to ads for applications. Its kind of difficult because they dont have regular announcements. However in the past they had some link at the Sy Fy site itself and they had ads at various casting sites on the net. I think one was called Reality Wanted or something like that. They have a few other sites like that too so you might want to do a general search for similar sites.

One word of warning. If you see an ad at some place which you dont know if its legit or not, there have been a few cases of weirdos posting ads. One of the news shows on network TV had a story of a real weirdo who made up a reality show and conned some camera men to work for him. He had something like 12 men and women show up and he got them to do various degrading things until after a while various people started quitting because no one was getting paid. Ive heard of a few weird cases like that.

#9 Gary101

Gary101

Wacky Professor

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,888 posts

Posted 16 November 2009 - 05:52 PM

QUOTE (Dione @ Nov 13 2009, 02:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
so why do you want to be on Ghost Hutners? They don't pay much, you know

Thats one thing Im totally puzzled about. Id love to see the whole cable TV industry explained in a series of exposes in some magazine where someone lays out what is going on inside the industry. Fat cat celebs are notorious for preaching egalitarianism in an industry where things are probably the most lopsided imaginable --- basically you have god-like fat cats and everyone else are peons.

First its obvious that many cable "stars" are getting paid very well now. Its peanuts compared to network stars like Charlie Sheen and movie stars like Clooney, Pitt but its fantastic money compared to the avg person. You can probably make several mil nowadays especially if you have a side business that benefits from the PR or have a piece of the show like J&G and there are spinoffs and merchandising.

Besides the fact that blurbs on the net seem to suggest many of the reality show stars get 20--50K a show , the stars on MTV the Hills and shows like The Closer, Nip and Tuck etc get a lot more than that. That can come out to 400K-1 mil per year or more if you have 20 or more episodes a year. On the show Little People Big World -- in addition to the booming pumpkin farm they have probably due to the show, they take trips all over the place and have a huge house on a nice farm spread which is amazing. What really shocked me though was in a recent episode they gave their 12 yr old son a cellphone. They showed him texting night and day and at the end of the show they found out his bill was 2800 ! They got a bit concerned about it lecturing him saying his bill couldnt be higher than his dads which seemed to imply it was OK if it was insanely high but not that high. That number is so insanely mindboggling --- I think most parents would have exploded. You have to be making some serious money not to go apoplectic about a 2800 phone bill for a 12 yr old.

So theres Donna on GH in the super old thread here claiming she was paid NOTHING for GH. Then she seems to have confirmed that she was paid peanuts on GHI, in which one poster hinted they were paid 1000 a show. Donna was claiming Andy, Brian and her --- all made next to nothing and ended up with financial problems. Ive also read posts about other reality shows where they were paid virtually nothing. So on one hand some people are clearly finally getting paid a lot while others arent. I suspect even the big money earners like J&G and Jon Kate werent also making much initially. I think its a recent trend that some break out stars started making good money but that others who dont have that drawing power yet are still making peanuts.

There may also be some rule that the first year or two you generally dont make much money since they dont know if the show will make it. Remember Kris? When she first went on they probably werent paying her much but then they said she wasnt on the Halloween show because of some contract negotiations. I assume she held out and they upped her pay into a reasonable range. Youve got to wonder how Amy is doing. So I assume not only is the big pay a recent trend for the big stars but everyone has to wait a while and then hope you are worth it to the production company when you negotiate that they dont just can you and find another cheap replacement. If all of this is true -- you have to wonder if Donna, Andy and Brian would have held out longer and then had a decent agent to negotiate a new contract after a year or two -- maybe they would be making decent money now.

I cant believe they would try to pay GHA and GHI cast members peanuts forever, that would clearly be wrong. In the case of GHI the main think wrong with that is it might be an expensive show since they have to travel all over the place putting pressure on the Pilgrim to really save maybe by cutting compensation to cast members but I dont see how anyone would agree to be on the show if they never increased the pay.

#10 chrisn12

chrisn12

Mansquito

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 11:47 AM

I was going to asked the same thing about applying for ghost hunters acedemy been interested in it for about a year now.been doing contract work in other countries.Jason,grant,steve or tango can you help me?

#11 ZombieBat

ZombieBat

Contactee

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 612 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 12:29 PM

I was going to asked the same thing about applying for ghost hunters acedemy been interested in it for about a year now.been doing contract work in other countries.Jason,grant,steve or tango can you help me?

There's a chance that GHA has been given the ax by Pilgrim and Syfy. If you really want to do some paranormal research (ie ghost hunting) just try joining up with a group in your area, since they can likely teach you just as well as TAPS.
You must unlearn what you have learned.

I'm a fuel-injected suicide machine. I'm the rocker, the roller, the out-of-controller.

#12 alienova

alienova

Caprican

• Full Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 11:36 PM

First, have all your teachers report your GPA is 1.9. If your parents are sending you to a shrink, get a note from him/her. A note from your minister stating you "see" angels would be helpful. During the interview keep repeating that you feel someone breathing on your neck. If there is an unusual noise in the interview room, such as the heat duct opening, scream loudly and run from the room. If you could convince them to hire Snookie as a cadet, congratulations - you have a winning chance. Good Luck and just teasing!

when i was a young teen and would spend weekends at my grandparents huge victorian home, filled with sliding doors, huge fireplaces and many rooms and hallways, i would lay in my 2nd floor bedroom and late at night hear footsteps and thuds - i would pull the covers over my head and wait for the frightening noises to stop ... only years later did i realized that the sounds were cause by my great grandmother, who was blind and lived with my grandparents, finding her way to the bathroom in the middle of the night - that's when i realized that there is an explanation for the unexplained-

#13 e92sam

e92sam

Caprican

• Full Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 08 August 2010 - 12:16 AM

They are only taking applicants who have a cameo appearance in future episodes of 'Mary Knows Best'. Oops...

#14 HotBrown

HotBrown

Minbari

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 314 posts

Posted 02 September 2010 - 10:49 AM

Lean how to fake ghost activity.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users