#62 eagle020

eagle020

Foo Fighter

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,121 posts

Posted 01 December 2009 - 08:27 PM

QUOTE (KeeperOfSecrets1 @ Dec 1 2009, 07:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
SAPS is not a real acronym. It is not a real organization. It is a satire. But then again you think that Ghost Hunters is real. So why am I not surprised. The south park episode about ghost hunters was a satire in case in your reality challenged world you also thought it was real. cool.gif

This from the person that blasted ME for name calling and categorizing?

Pot, meet kettle.

You posted 'It is our cult logo. Skeptics against TAPS'. I facetiously commented that it should read SAT if that was true. Y'know...playing along with the idea and all.

Obviously anyone who doesn't fall immediately into line with whatever you happen to be thinking at the time becomes an enemy. I find that sad.

Especially seeing that your reading skills are apparently sub-par. Since you ignored everything I said and cling to the misguided notion I'm some sort of TAPS apologist.

Since I'm no longer 12 years old, I don't take things posted on a message board any more seriously or personally than I do the massive amounts of disinformation I get from television. But feel free to go that way if thats how you get through the day.

Modern life is a race between engineers striving to build a bigger and better idiot-proof
world, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

#63 KeeperOfSecrets1

KeeperOfSecrets1

Minbari

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 354 posts

Posted 01 December 2009 - 08:50 PM

QUOTE (eagle020 @ Dec 1 2009, 09:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This from the person that blasted ME for name calling and categorizing?

Pot, meet kettle.

You posted 'It is our cult logo. Skeptics against TAPS'. I facetiously commented that it should read SAT if that was true. Y'know...playing along with the idea and all.

Obviously anyone who doesn't fall immediately into line with whatever you happen to be thinking at the time becomes an enemy. I find that sad.

Especially seeing that your reading skills are apparently sub-par. Since you ignored everything I said and cling to the misguided notion I'm some sort of TAPS apologist.

Since I'm no longer 12 years old, I don't take things posted on a message board any more seriously or personally than I do the massive amounts of disinformation I get from television. But feel free to go that way if thats how you get through the day.

#64 haze1956

haze1956

Viper Pilot

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 184 posts

Posted 01 December 2009 - 08:51 PM

QUOTE (KeeperOfSecrets1 @ Dec 1 2009, 06:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thanks Lightwish. smile.gif

SAPS is not a real acronym. It is not a real organization. It is a satire. But then again you think that Ghost Hunters is real. So why am I not surprised. The south park episode about ghost hunters was a satire in case in your reality challenged world you also thought it was real. cool.gif

Actually there is an organization that uses the acronym SAPS

The Skeptical Analysis of the Paranormal Society

http://www.skeptical....com/index.html

It is founded by Alison Smith, who now works at the James Randi Educational Foundation.

-

#65 KeeperOfSecrets1

KeeperOfSecrets1

Minbari

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 354 posts

Posted 01 December 2009 - 08:57 PM

QUOTE (haze1956 @ Dec 1 2009, 09:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Actually there is an organization that uses the acronym SAPS

The Skeptical Analysis of the Paranormal Society

http://www.skeptical....com/index.html

It is founded by Alison Smith, who now works at the James Randi Educational Foundation.

-

Thanks Haze! I am going to sign up. I want get me a t-shirt. biggrin.gif

#66 wendypan

wendypan

Mostly Harmless

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,374 posts

Posted 02 December 2009 - 08:41 AM

QUOTE (KeeperOfSecrets1 @ Dec 1 2009, 10:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What up Movieman. One t-shirt coming your way. biggrin.gif

I look a lot like this guy. But I agree with what ever Heidi says

How's the poetry going? lol
We love Ghost Hunters. Where else could we use our critical thinking skills while in the comfort of our comfy chairs? Where else could we spot fraud without leaving the safety of our living rooms? Where else could we practice our debunking abilities [like J and G claim to do]? Late night infomercials perhaps. But I don't stay up that late.

EVERY VALID PARANORMAL GROUP POSTS EVERY BIT OF EVIDENCE THEY COLLECT. WHY NOT TAPS?

Here's a bit of advice that recent episodes make me think TAPS needs to learn: TELL THE TRUTH, IT'S EASIER TO REMEMBER.

#67 LordIronwulf

LordIronwulf

Mansquito

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 December 2009 - 07:38 PM

QUOTE (KeeperOfSecrets1 @ Nov 28 2009, 02:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I cannot prove that GH fakes evidence. There is no smoking gun. But I think that there is compelling circumstantial evidence when taken as a whole could lead a reasonable person to conclude that there is a pattern of deception going on.

-The Manson thermal Images were doctored. This I can prove. http://paranormal.da...om/?page_id=302

-The Moss Beach Distillery. In this case GH was told ahead of time that the distillery was rigged with special effects. They said that they already knew that. Then during the investigation GH pretended that they did not know at all and put on an their acting shoes to use the investigation as a debunking episode.

http://www.mossbeach...ersepisode.html

-Race Rock Light House-In this case although there is not conclusive proof that the moving chair was rigged but there are some persuasive points and images that implicate that the chair was pulled by a line.
http://paranormal.da...om/?page_id=236

-Eastern State Penitentiary. You can see a guy in a black robe moving down the pathway. As he turns around you can see a shoe and a pant leg at the bottom of the black robe.

-The Gibbons House. In this case it is obvious that the shadow that TAPS tried to put out there as evidence was nothing more than the shadow of the statue. When asked about this TAPS said it could not be the statue because they removed it before the investigation. But then on a blog TAPS went on to say that they tried to debunk the statue as being the shadow. Why would they even attempt to debunk it since according to them the statue was removed. Their statements were contradictory and deceptive.
http://paranormal.da...om/?page_id=275

-The guy in a pulled up hood thermal image. Jason and Grant said this was a ghost. For me this is common sense that it is a guy in a hood. Or a "come on guys give me brake" moment

-Fort Delaware. In this case is what we have is a guy that looks to be in a hood with his hands in his pockets. I wonder if it is the same guy that was in the above thermal image..LOL In the scene a guy walks into a corridor in front of Jay and Grant then turns and walks out of frame.

Still image.

Full footage from scene

-The crescent Hotel. This is definitely Grant..LOL.Not a ghost.IMO. The below thermal image is of Grant looking down at the thermal camera screen with his arm extended forward. You can see his bare arm extending beyond his shirt sleeve. For more info. http://paranormal.da...om/?page_id=273

-Collar Gate. This one goes with out saying

-Hanger Gate. When the first hanger lands on the floor. Why did they did they not then focus the camera on the hanger rack where the hangers were coming from instead of leaving the camera focused on the floor to watch another hanger landing. If they had focused the camera on the hanger rack, that would have been great evidence to see a hanger fly off the rack of its own volition. Would anyone else have put the camera on the hanger rack?

-The Macneil case-The Macneils came onto the forum and said that TAPS manipulated their clock to make it go off at 2 am. Unfortunately the thread was poofed and the Macneils were banned.

-Donna speaking out. Although due to a legal agreements, we will never know the full truth of what Donna really experienced but she did say she saw things being staged and did not retract that.

None of the above items can conclusively prove that TAPS stages fake evidence. I think that there could be a healthy debate about each one of them. These are just some of the reasons that have led to my own personal opinion that there is a pattern of deception on the part of TAPS. In the beginning I thought that GH was a real show that found real evidence. I slowly started to realize that GH was fudging and then collargate happened.

This was my own personal journey. I am sure that many could look at all of the above items and come to a completely different conclusion than mine.

I had to find this thread again after seeing the faked Eastern State footage again. Remind me again why Ghost Hunters is still on the air?

Ghost Lab blows their fake ***** out of the water!

#68 ghostsceptic

ghostsceptic

Mansquito

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 December 2009 - 08:43 PM

I am new to the forum and a fairly new viewer of GH. I too have noticed some evidence that looks fake or altered, starting with the "black figure" at Eastern State Pen. It obviously didn't take me long to notice this since I am a fairly new viewer. It has been dissappointing to see. With this being said, it has not deterred me from watching the show. I am still entertained and always silently hoping for one of these "ghost" shows to show me some absolute true evidence that can not be debunked! i.e. actual demons showing up and making a scene since I only believe in demons and NOT ghosts. I don't wish any harm on anyone, of course, but would sure like to see something real!

#69 flowergirl

flowergirl

Mansquito

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 December 2009 - 09:32 PM

One thing we know is not fake, is Dustin's nasal problems. For goodness sake, dude, get your adenoids out or blow that nose! Can't stand to listen to you talk all clogged up!

#70 dpthehiddenevil

dpthehiddenevil

Sleestak

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 61 posts

Posted 10 December 2009 - 12:58 AM

Dustin always talks that way, he'll never change. I hear that he is sick alot.He sounds it to me

QUOTE (flowergirl @ Dec 9 2009, 09:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
One thing we know is not fake, is Dustin's nasal problems. For goodness sake, dude, get your adenoids out or blow that nose! Can't stand to listen to you talk all clogged up!

#71 tbridgman

tbridgman

Sleestak

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 55 posts

Posted 10 December 2009 - 12:57 PM

QUOTE (eagle020 @ Nov 30 2009, 04:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Things like Jay taking a fishing rod, specifically so he could set up the chair move with fishing line.......WHAT? Why on earth would anyone do something so obvious? A small reel of monofilament line could fit in a pocket and never be seen. Why purposely take something big and visible to enhance the possibility something is amiss?

Though I agree that the explaination was completely possible, if not probable, I never understood why they would need a fishing pole to pull it off either. as dark as the shot is you could have used twine and no one would see, standing way below the shot so that there was no way anyone could see you do it. Why go to such elaborate lengths? No need for a tarp on the stairs, no need for a fishing pole. The best illusion, as with the best lie, is simple. Better yet just employ a ghost box, and throw caution to the wind.

#72 tbridgman

tbridgman

Sleestak

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 55 posts

Posted 10 December 2009 - 01:13 PM

Slightly of topic, but anyone notice that GHA has been to some of the most "fruitful" sites for GH "evidence" and has not captured much of anything? I guess you could say it's because they are inexperiened, but even so they have the camera's, the recorders U name it and nothing shows up. Interesting. Is it perhaps because the drama (entertainment value) is coming from the situation, so they feel less need to fake evidence to keep things moving? I think they've underestimated the boring factor if so but....any thoughts?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users