StillPeridotEyes

Slan

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 15,166 posts

Posted 14 December 2009 - 01:55 PM

Nick: 'Why do you want to take your own life?'

Erica: 'My blood told that to you?'

With this simple exchange so much was left out of the story which would have enriched the whole
Forever Knight landscape. This part of the tale we didn't learn until the next-to-last episode Francesca.

I'm dumbfounded. It's overwhelmingly significant yet some individual thought it could be removed without consequences.

'It's the same rain...'

#2 StillPeridotEyes

StillPeridotEyes

Slan

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 15,166 posts

Posted 15 December 2009 - 11:30 AM

While it's gratifying that 19 folks have read this post, what would be nicer would be feedback or some other activity. It doesn't have to necessarily be response to this post, but when I come here find the board inactive I get concerned for our future.

In the past we've suffered from post-pruning and we've even lost the board completely. I'm a bit concerned we could lose the forum again at some future 'upgrade.' As far as I can tell this is the only FK board still in existence and it would be a shame if it were lost.

I'm not trying to be an alarmist or to stir up things deliberately. I'm just expressing my concern that it seems to be dying here. Perhaps it's a natural thing. This was my first board and I'd hate to see it disappear again.

'It's the same rain...'

#3 knightmustfall

knightmustfall

Caprican

• Full Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 21 December 2009 - 11:44 AM

I know I've been away from here for to quote La Croix in Dance by the Light..."a long, long time", but RL has been a real byte as of late. This was one of the first boards I joined too and I always looked forward to logging on back in the day, sometimes even if it would make me late for work!
I noticed from some of the eps I had recorded when FK was on first run were missing a few things when SciFi re-ran them. At the end of Stranger than Fiction, Nat's comment of "Ain't love a b!tch" was missing from the SciFi run..I didn't know about the missing dialogue from LA, but it would certainly make sense. Was this included in the DVD? At the time they came out, I was one of the three people on the planet who still didn't have a DVD player (since rememdied), but I never did get around to purchasing them (heard the quality wasn't that great)..ah, but there's always Netflix!
Will try to get over here more often and Merry Christmas to all and to all a good Knight!
KMF (aka graciella)

#4 Trystan830

Trystan830

Caprican

• Full Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 27 December 2009 - 07:29 PM

QUOTE (StillPeridotEyes @ Dec 15 2009, 11:30 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
While it's gratifying that 19 folks have read this post, what would be nicer would be feedback or some other activity. It doesn't have to necessarily be response to this post, but when I come here find the board inactive I get concerned for our future.

In the past we've suffered from post-pruning and we've even lost the board completely. I'm a bit concerned we could lose the forum again at some future 'upgrade.' As far as I can tell this is the only FK board still in existence and it would be a shame if it were lost.

I'm not trying to be an alarmist or to stir up things deliberately. I'm just expressing my concern that it seems to be dying here. Perhaps it's a natural thing. This was my first board and I'd hate to see it disappear again.
i for one am not really paying much attention to *self-censored* to this channel - there's nothing on it for me anymore. i DO have the forum email me when there's a new topic posted on the FK, FW and ML boards, but alot of times i'm busy at the moment, and just don't get a chance to get back to the forums to reply.

this board is the only marker to indicate FK even aired on *self-censored* this channel, so i agree that it's disheartening to see the board inactive.

as for this post - there is SO much that's been taken out of tv shows - a simple line or two of dialogue that could clear up so much, and i think this is one of those lines.

#5 StillPeridotEyes

StillPeridotEyes

Slan

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 15,166 posts

Posted 31 December 2009 - 04:24 PM

As long as there were ten people who wanted the board returned, the channel was willing to bring it back. That's what I learned and that's how I lobbied to have it returned after it was lost to us before. IF there aren't ten folks using it I Guess it's not beyond the realm of possibility we may lose it in the future.

Again, I Have no inside information. This is strictly a personal concern. HOwever, the rug was pulled from beneath us once before and I fear it could happen again without notice.

C'est la vie, c'est la board. Although Chiller is airing the episodes, they don't have a dedicated FK board. I Registered over there but haven't been able to make my way through the forest of weirdness that is the Chiller forum to post. This board is very much nicer.

PLease excuse the random caps. I'm in another state and using my son's laptop and his shift key sticks. I've been correcting it all day and I'm fatigued now.

'It's the same rain...'

#6 ravvy

ravvy

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 02 January 2010 - 08:05 PM

Nick: 'Why do you want to take your own life?'

Erica: 'My blood told that to you?'

With this simple exchange so much was left out of the story which would have enriched the whole
Forever Knight landscape. This part of the tale we didn't learn until the next-to-last episode Francesca.

I'm dumbfounded. It's overwhelmingly significant yet some individual thought it could be removed without consequences.

I agree. Was it cut out of the script or was it taped and edited out? The exchange in "Francesca" should have happened before that moment, I think.

#7 Trystan830

Trystan830

Caprican

• Full Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 02 January 2010 - 08:15 PM

As long as there were ten people who wanted the board returned, the channel was willing to bring it back. That's what I learned and that's how I lobbied to have it returned after it was lost to us before. IF there aren't ten folks using it I Guess it's not beyond the realm of possibility we may lose it in the future.

Again, I Have no inside information. This is strictly a personal concern. HOwever, the rug was pulled from beneath us once before and I fear it could happen again without notice.

C'est la vie, c'est la board. Although Chiller is airing the episodes, they don't have a dedicated FK board.

well, i guess that makes sense.....

i don't have Chiller (and nor can i afford it, i'm sure) but i will be getting back to rewatching my FK and posting my thoughts and hopefully some screen caps on my LJ - http://trystan830.livejournal.com/ if anyone's interested, i can link the tag (fk s1) here to the entries i have capped and posted already. they're all public entries.

#8 StillPeridotEyes

StillPeridotEyes

Slan

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 15,166 posts

Posted 04 January 2010 - 02:09 PM

Chiller comes with DirecTV. I don't know if it's in the basic package or if it's a SyFy-first or second tier upgrade. It just showed up for me one day but I have HDTV and most of the channels that aren't movie channels.

I'm unaware if Chiller is available on cable at this time or even available with other satellite networks. Sometimes the new channels are tied to one provider for a period of time before they go out to everyone. I've seen this kind of marketing in the past. I have it because I pay extra to get the BBCA channel, and, of course, the HD channels. One day it was just there.

'It's the same rain...'

#9 ravvy

ravvy

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 05 January 2010 - 08:08 PM

Ok, I watched this episode again and I think it the drinking blood-reading thoughts thing was implied during the flashback scenes with Erica and Nick. I missed it on the first watching, though. The edited dialogue would have made it more obvious.

#10 StillPeridotEyes

StillPeridotEyes

Slan

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 15,166 posts

Posted 12 January 2010 - 09:13 PM

I must respectfully disagree with you.

I saw the entire arc of FK from beginning to end without this snippet of dialogue. Because of this omission, I never learned how much was transmitted in the blood to vampires.

Only with the next-to-last episode Francesca was this omission rectified. In that episode Nick explained to Natalie that physical talents and other characteristics transfered from to the vampire from the victim on a temporary basis. He also shared with her that he could tell what the person thought, felt, and their history. This was the first time he was so candid with her about what he got from taking blood from a human being, and how it was so difficult to give it up.

As a matter of fact, since they knew the series was cancelled, they were able to take the storyline farther than they had before in the last couple of episodes. Fever, Ashes to Ashes and Francesca were rather daring for their time.

There is more to Last Act still we haven't seen. Due to an error the edited tapes were used to make the DVDs. There is a scene in which Erica traces a scar on Nick's thigh and they speak of the time when he was a living Crusader and how he was wounded and nearly died. I've wanted to see that scene for years but have never been able to view it. Perhaps I never will.

'It's the same rain...'

#11 ravvy

ravvy

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 14 January 2010 - 01:11 AM

I must respectfully disagree with you.

I saw the entire arc of FK from beginning to end without this snippet of dialogue. Because of this omission, I never learned how much was transmitted in the blood to vampires.

Only with the next-to-last episode Francesca was this omission rectified. In that episode Nick explained to Natalie that physical talents and other characteristics transfered from to the vampire from the victim on a temporary basis. He also shared with her that he could tell what the person thought, felt, and their history. This was the first time he was so candid with her about what he got from taking blood from a human being, and how it was so difficult to give it up.

As a matter of fact, since they knew the series was cancelled, they were able to take the storyline farther than they had before in the last couple of episodes. Fever, Ashes to Ashes and Francesca were rather daring for their time.

Ok. I see what you mean. Yes, I agree. I didn't pick it up when I originally watched it. Only when I went back to watch it, after knowing the edited dialogue, did I infer it. So, yes, they should have left it in instead of laying it all out at the very end of the series with "Francesca".

I didn't like the third season the first time around. I think I was still smarting over the cast changes. I did like it this time around, though. Well, except the last episode. Actually, I could have done without the bloodbath of the third season, but I still liked it.

There is more to Last Act still we haven't seen. Due to an error the edited tapes were used to make the DVDs. There is a scene in which Erica traces a scar on Nick's thigh and they speak of the time when he was a living Crusader and how he was wounded and nearly died. I've wanted to see that scene for years but have never been able to view it. Perhaps I never will.

I hate that. This isn't the first time I've bought a show DVD only to learn that it was the syndicated version. You would think those idiots would make sure they use the uncut episodes for the discs considering they charge an arm and a leg. I could get the syndie cut versions anywhere.

#12 StillPeridotEyes

StillPeridotEyes

Slan

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 15,166 posts

Posted 14 January 2010 - 05:22 PM

Ok. I see what you mean. Yes, I agree. I didn't pick it up when I originally watched it. Only when I went back to watch it, after knowing the edited dialogue, did I infer it. So, yes, they should have left it in instead of laying it all out at the very end of the series with "Francesca".

I didn't like the third season the first time around. I think I was still smarting over the cast changes. I did like it this time around, though. Well, except the last episode. Actually, I could have done without the bloodbath of the third season, but I still liked it.

I hate that. This isn't the first time I've bought a show DVD only to learn that it was the syndicated version. You would think those idiots would make sure they use the uncut episodes for the discs considering they charge an arm and a leg. I could get the syndie cut versions anywhere.

It's upset me to an amazing degree. I'd waited more than a decade for some of these scenes and it seems I may never see what I desperately craved all this time. It's the first time it happened to me, though...it better be the last time. <_< Otherwise I'll be demanding a refund.

It was that particular scene in Francesca that brought me across.

'It's the same rain...'

#13 StillPeridotEyes

StillPeridotEyes

Slan

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 15,166 posts

Posted 01 August 2010 - 05:18 PM

Has this ever happened to anyone else?

'It's the same rain...'

#14 ndebrabant

ndebrabant

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 30 November 2010 - 06:55 PM

You have to remember that the Canadian version were longer than the
American verison just because the American versions had to make room
for more commericials. ($$$$). There were different versions floating around.
And who knows, it might have been in the script, filmed and ended up on the cutting
room floor for the broadcast, but used for Francesca.

Stay out of the sun, keep away from sharp sticks, you'll live forever, that is supposed to be the deal."
I don't tan. I don't burn. I implode.
First night, first feeding, you wake up so hungry, you'll do anything for the blood you need. Take anyone. Enemy, friend, lover. If your first kill isn't human, you don't hunger for humans.
You have to understand that every drop of blood has your whole life in it. It's just not our food. It's the way we feel life. Imagine if you could know someone's soul just by sharing blood. Everything you know, everything you are, transformed into touch and taste. Imagine the temptation to take just one sip. One sip and then another and another, to take them inside you and know every secret, to let them know yours, to be them. That's why it's such a tough habit to break.

#15 StillPeridotEyes

StillPeridotEyes

Slan

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 15,166 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 11:05 AM

You have to remember that the Canadian version were longer than the
American verison just because the American versions had to make room
for more commericials. ($). There were different versions floating around.
And who knows, it might have been in the script, filmed and ended up on the cutting
room floor for the broadcast, but used for Francesca.

Yes, I'm well aware of this. However, that scene in Francesca was key to the plot. There's no way it would have been left out. But perhaps I misunderstand your meaning?

The other scene, the one between Erica and Nick, was also important. We would never have known that mortals' scars prior to their being brought across remained were it not for that scene. We were dependent upon Canadian fans to share this information with us.

Welcome to the board, BTW. It's nice to meet you. Posted Image

'It's the same rain...'

#16 ndebrabant

ndebrabant

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 04:21 AM

Yes, I'm well aware of this. However, that scene in Francesca was key to the plot. There's no way it would have been left out. But perhaps I misunderstand your meaning?

The other scene, the one between Erica and Nick, was also important. We would never have known that mortals' scars prior to their being brought across remained were it not for that scene. We were dependent upon Canadian fans to share this information with us.

Welcome to the board, BTW. It's nice to meet you. Posted Image

I also remember that during Gerthering 6, they did show dailies that were bought at auctions. These contained scenes, some of which were never used and some that were
use on sceen. I remember both scenes. The scar scene and the blood scene. I just don't remember where I saw them. From a copy of a Canadian tape? The first time it aired? Possibly one of the dailies someone showed? From the out takes? I don't know.

4k/ndebrabant
Stay out of the sun, keep away from sharp sticks, you'll live forever, that is supposed to be the deal."
I don't tan. I don't burn. I implode.
First night, first feeding, you wake up so hungry, you'll do anything for the blood you need. Take anyone. Enemy, friend, lover. If your first kill isn't human, you don't hunger for humans.
You have to understand that every drop of blood has your whole life in it. It's just not our food. It's the way we feel life. Imagine if you could know someone's soul just by sharing blood. Everything you know, everything you are, transformed into touch and taste. Imagine the temptation to take just one sip. One sip and then another and another, to take them inside you and know every secret, to let them know yours, to be them. That's why it's such a tough habit to break.

#17 StillPeridotEyes

StillPeridotEyes

Slan

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 15,166 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 08:01 PM

I also remember that during Gerthering 6, they did show dailies that were bought at auctions. These contained scenes, some of which were never used and some that were
use on sceen. I remember both scenes. The scar scene and the blood scene. I just don't remember where I saw them. From a copy of a Canadian tape? The first time it aired? Possibly one of the dailies someone showed? From the out takes? I don't know.

4k/ndebrabant

I've never seen the scar scene to this day. The blood scene I've only seen on Thriller. It's an appalling omission from American versions.
'It's the same rain...'

#18 StillPeridotEyes

StillPeridotEyes

Slan

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 15,166 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 08:23 PM

Now I've done something I swore I never would do: I've bought bootleg DVDs from someone. These DVDs were made from the original Canadian episodes. There's no other way to see the missing scenes left out due to the producers of the first season DVDs using the American episodes to create them.

I've waited more than 13 years for this. Looks like they'll never be reproduced in HD (due to the production values) so I've given in to the Dark Side of the Force at long last. Here I go, giving in to E-vil. Bring me across, LaCroix. I will drink from you at long last.

'It's the same rain...'

#19 Trystan830

Trystan830

Caprican

• Full Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 10:28 PM

that's disheartening that no one in America will get to see the missing scenes. i have a copy of the entire series, but i really can't say where i got it from.....

\/--\/

#20 StillPeridotEyes

StillPeridotEyes

Slan

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 15,166 posts

Posted 01 January 2012 - 01:59 PM

that's disheartening that no one in America will get to see the missing scenes. i have a copy of the entire series, but i really can't say where i got it from.....

\/--\/

Naughty. Very naughty. Posted Image

The scene I saw isn't as quite described by others, but it is telling. Years of speculation and the audience being left in the literal and figurative dark would have been resolved had these scenes not been cut. Whomever it was who removed these was an idiot and a fool. Despicable.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users