• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 smyrick1

smyrick1

Mansquito

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 January 2010 - 12:51 AM

<_< So I was browsing the website for the USS Alabama and the submarine the USS Drum and found something interesting while taking the 360 tour. If you follow this link http://www.alabama36...ussalabama.html you will be taken to a page where you can virtually tour the outside walk way to the USS Drum. If you pan to the left where the gate is then zoom in on a concrete table on one segment of the fence it looks as if there are three men walking from the submaring toward the building. What makes this photo so strange is that you can clearly see the men who look to be dressed in uniform of some kind, but you can also see directly through them. It is almost as if they aren't really there, but you can clearly see them. Oh and before I forget, if you want to make the picture stop panning just fiddle with the arrows buttons on the screen or zoom in once you find the 3 men. This picture blew my mind. Also while you are there read a little of the history....is it possible that some of these men never left? Perhaps TAPS should investigate. My brother stayed overnight on the USS Alabama battleship and he said he didn't get any sleep because all night long he heard noises like foot steps and banging. With my brother's "personal experiences" and this possible evidence with the picture I would think it should warrant more investigation; however, I feel that TAPS is better equipped to investigate than myself so it would be awesome if they could take a trip down to Mobile, Alabama.Here is the link to the tour

#2 VictoriaHelene

VictoriaHelene

Cyborg

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,431 posts

Posted 26 January 2010 - 09:28 AM

"TAPS is better equipped to investigate than myself "

Why?
Can't you make a K2 light up with a walkie?
Can't you buy fishing line and rig a chair and a jacket?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
François, Duc de la Rochefoucauld (1630-1680):

"There are people fated to be silly; they not only perform silly acts by choice, but are even constrained to do so by fortune. "
The World's Smartest Muppet:
http://paranormal.da...s.com/?author=1
Once Upon a Time:
http://www.badpsychi...s...le&artid=37

#3 Dconlly

Dconlly

Minbari

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 221 posts

Posted 26 January 2010 - 09:46 AM

Better yet, why is it that every anomaly caught in a picture is automatically thought of as paranormal?

#4 Dreamsinger

Dreamsinger

Muppet of Science

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 12,099 posts

Posted 26 January 2010 - 04:14 PM

Better yet, why is it that every anomaly caught in a picture is automatically thought of as paranormal?

I think because people equate unexplainable to paranormal, which is inaccurate. Paranormal by definition is to defy the world of physics as we know it.

It's a lot like the way people automatically associate the term UFO with alien spacecraft. UFO simply means Unidentified Flying Object, which could be caused by a bird, plane, or something ordinary. But most of the time people associate it with alien spacecraft. While a UFO could be an alien spacecraft it could also be something mundane. In fact, most people who truly witnessed an alien spacecraft would often call it a UFO when it really isn't anymore since it's been identified.

#5 mosrto

mosrto

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 29 January 2010 - 10:05 PM

<_< So I was browsing the website for the USS Alabama and the submarine the USS Drum and found something interesting while taking the 360 tour. If you follow this link http://www.alabama36...ussalabama.html you will be taken to a page where you can virtually tour the outside walk way to the USS Drum. If you pan to the left where the gate is then zoom in on a concrete table on one segment of the fence it looks as if there are three men walking from the submaring toward the building. What makes this photo so strange is that you can clearly see the men who look to be dressed in uniform of some kind, but you can also see directly through them. It is almost as if they aren't really there, but you can clearly see them. Oh and before I forget, if you want to make the picture stop panning just fiddle with the arrows buttons on the screen or zoom in once you find the 3 men. This picture blew my mind. Also while you are there read a little of the history....is it possible that some of these men never left? Perhaps TAPS should investigate. My brother stayed overnight on the USS Alabama battleship and he said he didn't get any sleep because all night long he heard noises like foot steps and banging. With my brother's "personal experiences" and this possible evidence with the picture I would think it should warrant more investigation; however, I feel that TAPS is better equipped to investigate than myself so it would be awesome if they could take a trip down to Mobile, Alabama.Here is the link to the tour

I have to agree. I saw the three figures. The first figure had had what looked like a WW2 leather flight jacket w/white fur coller on. The 2nd figure had an older pilots hat on, the ones with the goggles & straps hanging down.the 3rd figure was maybe an officer, you can see what looks like a tie he's wearing.
Hopfully others can take a look at this. there are definatelly three figures there.

#6 IndySkriblez

IndySkriblez

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 01 February 2010 - 05:25 PM

I have to agree. I saw the three figures. The first figure had had what looked like a WW2 leather flight jacket w/white fur coller on. The 2nd figure had an older pilots hat on, the ones with the goggles & straps hanging down.the 3rd figure was maybe an officer, you can see what looks like a tie he's wearing.
Hopfully others can take a look at this. there are definatelly three figures there.

I would point out some observations:
* All three figures are walking in the same direction.
* All three figures appear to be the same height.
* The head of all three figures is bent at the same forward angle.
These three factors indicate potentially that it may be the same person.

The differences in appearance are explainable by the variation in color and texture behind the figures. The left foot of the first (leftmost) and left foot of the second (middle) figure are coming from / going to the same spot on the sidewalk. The third figure (lagging behind) is at a pace to be walking in those same footsteps. I believe this is a case of multiple double exposures as the camera was sweeping around to take the picture, and that a single person was photographed in multiple stages as he walked from right to left (from the sub toward the building). However, as I don't know which 360-degree camera was used, I can't be absolutely certain. If this is the case, it should be easy to duplicate with the same camera system, provided we know where the camera is looking at any point in time, and how the images are processed.
The Haunted Homeowner's Survival Guide
http://hauntedhomeowners.com

#7 Dconlly

Dconlly

Minbari

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 221 posts

Posted 01 February 2010 - 05:54 PM

I would point out some observations:
* All three figures are walking in the same direction.
* All three figures appear to be the same height.
* The head of all three figures is bent at the same forward angle.
These three factors indicate potentially that it may be the same person.

The differences in appearance are explainable by the variation in color and texture behind the figures. The left foot of the first (leftmost) and left foot of the second (middle) figure are coming from / going to the same spot on the sidewalk. The third figure (lagging behind) is at a pace to be walking in those same footsteps. I believe this is a case of multiple double exposures as the camera was sweeping around to take the picture, and that a single person was photographed in multiple stages as he walked from right to left (from the sub toward the building). However, as I don't know which 360-degree camera was used, I can't be absolutely certain. If this is the case, it should be easy to duplicate with the same camera system, provided we know where the camera is looking at any point in time, and how the images are processed.

That is way too rational of an answer, it must be paranormal so lets do the most irrational thing, get GH/TAPS to come down an investigate. Even if it were paranormal, why invite someone to investigate, who has of yet to produce a solid definitive piece of paranormal evidence? Most likely the conclusion would include high EMF field caused the camera to have bouts of paranoia and hallucinations.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users