4 replies to this topic

#1 luirik

luirik

Peacekeeper

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 443 posts

Posted 26 January 2010 - 05:48 PM

I was wondering, was there any episode where Natalie fought off any one, or was proactive in attacking somebody, or did Nick always save the day?
Thanks.
Posted Image

#2 StillPeridotEyes

StillPeridotEyes

Slan

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 15,181 posts

Posted 27 January 2010 - 09:14 PM

I was wondering, was there any episode where Natalie fought off any one, or was proactive in attacking somebody, or did Nick always save the day?
Thanks.

We're talking about the nineties, remember? Nick always rode in on his (white?) horse and saved the day. The best she ever did was run away and trip over a hose in Only the Lonely. In A More Permanent Hell she led Spark to her home where Nick came to rescue her and stake him.

Catherine Disher objected to the way in which Natalie's role was written, but to no avail. <_< In many ways Nat was a traditional woman. It's really a shame. I believe the network had more to do with this than Mr Parriott, but I'm not absolutely certain of all the permutations that took place behind the scenes.

In Faithful Follower Natalie attempted to come to Nick's rescue. Does that count in her favour? Her role was so uneven it makes me grind my teeth. I can certainly understand Ms Disher's frustration.

'It's the same rain...'

#3 luirik

luirik

Peacekeeper

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 443 posts

Posted 06 February 2010 - 11:52 PM

I thought I remembered in the "Hell" eppy that she did try to fight off Spark. I went out on Hulu and watched the episode. She did indeed make an effort. When they got to her apartment, she picked up a candle holder and bopped him over the head. Then she ran off to her bedroom. I guess he did the supersonic thing, because, of course, he was already in there when she turned around. Naturally, just before he was about to "have his way" with her, Nick came crashing through the window, and they pretty much trashed Nat's bedroom. Nick, of course, staked the vamp.

So, there is at least one where Nat got in one good shot, anyway.
Posted Image

#4 StillPeridotEyes

StillPeridotEyes

Slan

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 15,181 posts

Posted 08 February 2010 - 03:48 PM

I thought I remembered in the "Hell" eppy that she did try to fight off Spark. I went out on Hulu and watched the episode. She did indeed make an effort. When they got to her apartment, she picked up a candle holder and bopped him over the head. Then she ran off to her bedroom. I guess he did the supersonic thing, because, of course, he was already in there when she turned around. Naturally, just before he was about to "have his way" with her, Nick came crashing through the window, and they pretty much trashed Nat's bedroom. Nick, of course, staked the vamp.

So, there is at least one where Nat got in one good shot, anyway.

Sorry about that. You're right, she did at least defend herself with Spark. Nick didn't even spend the day with her after that one. <_< She was doomed not to have her wishes and desires satisfied.
'It's the same rain...'

#5 StillPeridotEyes

StillPeridotEyes

Slan

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 15,181 posts

Posted 01 August 2010 - 05:15 PM

She did try, you're right. The thing is, Catherine Disher tried to change those things about Natalie and have her be more modern and successful at taking care of herself. The Powers That Be who ran the show weren't open to her ideas, more's the pity. On the other hand, what could she have successfully done against vampires? But the tripping over a hose thing was too lame. I always hated that. She was not a shrinking flower unless the script needed her to be a shrinking flower.

'It's the same rain...'

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users