• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#1 borie57

borie57

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 27 February 2010 - 02:10 AM

WHere is dr. who on syfy? i miss all the dr. who episodes. every time they have a dr. i really enjoy, they kill him off! i was very upset when david tennent was killed! don't forget he is living in a parell universe with rose and her family! they can always bring him back. he also has a daughter in space looking for him. he thought she died. she came to life after he left. this new dr. is too young! they should get someone who is smarter looking and better looking. can someone tell optimum to bring bbc america to cable!! they have so many better shows then us. borie57

#2 Ivriniel

Ivriniel

Ascended

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,768 posts

Posted 27 February 2010 - 09:26 AM

WHere is dr. who on syfy? i miss all the dr. who episodes.

Syfy no longer has broadcast rights to Doctor Who. They only thing I can suggest is that you send them an email asking them to buy second run broadcast rights.

feedback@syfy.com

every time they have a dr. i really enjoy, they kill him off! i was very upset when david tennent was killed!

That's the nature of the show. We were all sad to have David leave, but he wants to move on.

don't forget he is living in a parell universe with rose and her family! they can always bring him back.

I rather hope they don't bring back the Other Doctor and Rose. At least not for a very *long* time. The show needs a chance to breath without them overshadowing it.

this new dr. is too young! they should get someone who is smarter looking and better looking.

I am looking forward to seeing what Matt Smith can do. As far as "better looking" goes, casting a new Doctor is not a beauty contest.

can someone tell optimum to bring bbc america to cable!! they have so many better shows then us. borie57

Perhaps you should write them a letter or call customer service. If enough people ask, they might do it.
Posted ImagePosted Image

Inspired by ken_redtail on ihasatardis.

#3 JahRose

JahRose

Mansquito

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 February 2010 - 07:14 PM

Perhaps you should write them a letter or call customer service. If enough people ask, they might do it.

I'm just as disappointed that Cablevision doesn't carry BBC America as well, I've been emailing both BBC America and Cablevison for a while. Hopefully, one day we will get it. Until then, I have asked my friends that have DirecTV to record the episodes for me since BBC America has it. Also, the option to just purchase the episodes on iTunes will always be there, and should be available soon after broadcast. Well, of to email Cablevison and BBC America again <_<

#4 Metaldog

Metaldog

Cyborg

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,445 posts

Posted 28 February 2010 - 08:49 AM

I don't even bother watching SyFy anymore.

#5 MockingbirdGirl

MockingbirdGirl

• PipPipPipPip
  • 14,588 posts

Posted 28 February 2010 - 10:44 AM

I don't even bother watching SyFy anymore.

A pity, as Caprica is shaping up to be something really, really good.

#6 TheNinthDoctor

TheNinthDoctor

Foo Fighter

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,105 posts

Posted 28 February 2010 - 03:38 PM

Someday...someday we will get Doctor Who on Syfy again...someday.

#7 LibrarianEmie

LibrarianEmie

Slan

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 15,884 posts

Posted 28 February 2010 - 04:26 PM

A pity, as Caprica is shaping up to be something really, really good.

I read an article on shows that should be renewed and Caprica ranked high.
Posted Image
Posted Image
signature created by manicmonkeyinspce
Be kind to the EARTH..it has chocolate!

Posted Image

#8 Mreen

Mreen

• PipPipPipPip
  • 18,026 posts

Posted 28 February 2010 - 07:48 PM

Eureka's pretty fun, family aimed scifi. Should start back up with a new (longer) season in July.

#9 StillPeridotEyes

StillPeridotEyes

Slan

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 15,166 posts

Posted 28 February 2010 - 07:57 PM

They ran Firefly and Serenity last week. That'a always nice.

Otherwise there isn't much to watch on Skiffy these days since DW is gone. They never show the last episode of S4, either. Fans have complained about that, poor folks.

Eureka is pretty good, you're right about that, but what's up with Tess? Who the heck is she? Last time I watched the sheriff had the hots for the head of the science lab chick. Now she's pregnant and whatintheheck?

'It's the same rain...'

#10 Mreen

Mreen

• PipPipPipPip
  • 18,026 posts

Posted 28 February 2010 - 09:41 PM

Allison's real love lay with her ex, when push came to shove. She got pregnant by him after they got back together [spoiler for season 3.0]but he died/was frozen in time on their wedding day[/spoiler] and was gone on maternity leave for the last couple of eps.

Tess is the new love interest they brought by, and she really took Jack head over heels <g> Gone and quickly overwhelmed were the gentle hints of sexual tension with Allison and Jack, enter the full blown no holding back romance with all the fireworks and laughs you could want with Tess and Jack.

It was really a relief. So much television romance these days isnt a real romance, just sexual tension of will they/wont they, which can never be resolved without risking ending that part of the show's attraction. Tess and Jack's yes they are/and how just sparkles and shows up other shows that are reluctant to explore the fun and story of a real romance.

#11 MortisorLP

MortisorLP

Screaming Brain

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9,745 posts

Posted 04 March 2010 - 08:16 PM

so is Caprica really that good? I heard bad things about it when it started? Havent bothered watching it through my psychic powers for that reason. <_<
"No, Mr Terrall, I am not a student of human nature. I am a professor of a much wider academy, of which the human being is merely a part... All forms of life interest me."
2nd Doctor - Evil of the Daleks Target Novelisation, p 182

Posted Image

#12 MockingbirdGirl

MockingbirdGirl

• PipPipPipPip
  • 14,588 posts

Posted 04 March 2010 - 08:25 PM

so is Caprica really that good? I heard bad things about it when it started? Havent bothered watching it through my psychic powers for that reason. <_<

Yes, it's definitely developing into something interesting, and I say that as someone who wasn't particularly enamoured of Battlestar: Galactica. And you don't need to resort to psychic powers if you've got Sky1... :)

#13 MortisorLP

MortisorLP

Screaming Brain

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9,745 posts

Posted 04 March 2010 - 09:49 PM

Yes, it's definitely developing into something interesting, and I say that as someone who wasn't particularly enamoured of Battlestar: Galactica. And you don't need to resort to psychic powers if you've got Sky1... <_<

LOL, which unfortunately I havent. I am just a poor out of work hack, dont forget :)
"No, Mr Terrall, I am not a student of human nature. I am a professor of a much wider academy, of which the human being is merely a part... All forms of life interest me."
2nd Doctor - Evil of the Daleks Target Novelisation, p 182

Posted Image

#14 oldskool138

oldskool138

Dune Messiah

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,048 posts

Posted 04 March 2010 - 09:59 PM

I say that as someone who wasn't particularly enamoured of Battlestar: Galactica.

Finally! I liked it at first but then I think that they ran out of ideas and then the story got cheezy after that.
Taking a big space truck with a bunch of strangers across a diamond planet called Midnight...What could possibly go wrong?

Posted Image

#15 MockingbirdGirl

MockingbirdGirl

• PipPipPipPip
  • 14,588 posts

Posted 04 March 2010 - 10:07 PM

LOL, which unfortunately I havent. I am just a poor out of work hack, dont forget <_<

Indeed, I had forgot. :) <---chagrined

Finally! I liked it at first but then I think that they ran out of ideas and then the story got cheezy after that.

I agree. I thought the first regular episode ("33") was amazing, the Helo story in the first season was intriguing, and the whole "New Caprica" arc was a compelling allegory... but by the time it hit season 3 I was convinced they had absolutely no idea where they were going.

#16 manicmonkeyinspace

manicmonkeyinspace

Screaming Brain

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9,915 posts

Posted 05 March 2010 - 02:38 PM

well my opinion on Caprica is at the moment firmly rooted to the fence
the overall story arc is a good one with potential
but the characters (IMO) maybe not that well written. i use the prefix "maybe" because i didn't get to see much of the characters personalities before the bombing which would mess people up a bit
it the little things that really build a character the way they construct sentences and the words they use and the way interact differently with different characters, and also the way they react to different events. but in Caprica (like BSG) that can randomly change, which kind of makes it hard to get a beat on the characters

also they haven't developed a history to this "world" yes they mentioned a war but it hasn't given you any reference points you can use and without them its kind of hollow and meaningless
if you are going to set a story with an alien race on an alien world (which they have) you do have to add detail to any cultural reference or it just gets lost

i am just hoping they can just peg down the characters and add the meat to history it could be really good
He's like fire and ice and rage. He's like the night and the storm in the heart of the sun.
He's ancient and forever. He burns at the centre of time and he can see the turn of the universe
And.......................He is WONDERFUL
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

#17 CambiadorDeNombres

CambiadorDeNombres

Minbari

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 368 posts

Posted 05 March 2010 - 08:29 PM

Back to the thread subject, someone on another website's forums said there won't be ANY more Doctor Who showings on SyFy.

Was that a guess on their part, or has something been said officially to the effect that SyFy won't run anything newer than ones they've already shown?

I mean, didn't they get it after BBC America before too, and still run them anyway?

Has something been said officially by SyFy that they won't run ANY new Doctor Who any more?

#18 MockingbirdGirl

MockingbirdGirl

• PipPipPipPip
  • 14,588 posts

Posted 05 March 2010 - 11:14 PM

Back to the thread subject, someone on another website's forums said there won't be ANY more Doctor Who showings on SyFy.

Was that a guess on their part, or has something been said officially to the effect that SyFy won't run anything newer than ones they've already shown?

I mean, didn't they get it after BBC America before too, and still run them anyway?

Has something been said officially by SyFy that they won't run ANY new Doctor Who any more?

Syfy does not have first-run rights to the next season; that will occur on BBC America (in contrast to seasons 1-4, which ran on Syfy prior to BBCA). However, they have not made any official statement as to whether they will pursue second-run rebroadcast rights after BBC America.

Edited by MockingbirdGirl, 05 March 2010 - 11:16 PM.

#19 pong3d

pong3d

Mansquito

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 March 2010 - 12:04 AM

I am looking to get back into doctor who. I haven't watched it since i was a kid when repeats with Tom Baker were on PBS. Syfy is the only channel i get that airs episodes, but a schedule search reveals nothing. does anyone know when it will be reaired or when new episodes will be released?

#20 Ivriniel

Ivriniel

Ascended

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,768 posts

Posted 14 March 2010 - 12:15 AM

BBC America has purchased the first broadcast rights for Doctor Who in the States. The new series will be premiering on BBCA in April.

There is no word on whether Syfy is interested in purchasing second run broadcast rights.
Posted ImagePosted Image

Inspired by ken_redtail on ihasatardis.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users