• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 cookiepal1

cookiepal1

Mansquito

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 March 2010 - 05:05 PM

I was just wondering if there is software that could be purchased, I was also hoping to find out what software they use on the show to clean up their recordings. Thank you.

#2 RyanNREMTP

RyanNREMTP

Dune Messiah

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,886 posts

Posted 14 March 2010 - 07:38 PM

I feel like a broken record.

Last I checked they used Cool Edition Adobe or something like that. I don't know the price but it's up there. That's why I prefer using Audacity. It's just as good and it's free.
Posted Image
Pull Grant's collar for the PICT website.

#3 Jeckel

Jeckel

Minbari

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 265 posts

Posted 15 March 2010 - 11:45 AM

I feel like a broken record.

Last I checked they used Cool Edition Adobe or something like that. I don't know the price but it's up there. That's why I prefer using Audacity. It's just as good and it's free.

Gotta love open-source software. <_<
For evil to conquer, good men need only do nothing.
War is God's way of teaching Americans geography.
When Scientists ask questions, Engineers build answers.

#4 Vartok34

Vartok34

Viper Pilot

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 134 posts

Posted 15 March 2010 - 11:55 AM

Yeah, I don't understand why people would spend $60-100+ on Adobe or any other audio editing program for EVP. Less editing, the better. IMHO, it ain't good evidence if you have to do anything more than amplifying.

"The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents."
~ H. P. Lovecraft ~

Main Line Paranormal Investigators

#5 cookiepal1

cookiepal1

Mansquito

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 March 2010 - 10:21 AM

I was just wondering if there is software that could be purchased, I was also hoping to find out what software they use on the show to clean up their recordings. Thank you.

Thank you so much! Your help is greatly appreciated <_<

#6 PeanutGal

PeanutGal

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 March 2010 - 03:23 PM

I have an RCA digital recorder and have been trying to capture a few EVPs myself. Not much luck with it though. I think i did get one but i went and accidentally erased the thing. Any pointers on how I can have more luck in doing this?
PeanutGal

#7 RyanNREMTP

RyanNREMTP

Dune Messiah

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,886 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 02:06 PM

One of the problems I have with the RCA stems from an investigation my group was doing at the Myrtles Plantation. We left the RCA DAR running all night while we slept. When I went back to listen to it, it played the first 9 minutes and after that would loop over and over that first nine minutes. It didn't matter if I fast forward or anything.

Now as for collecting EVPs, it's really more art than science. You need a quiet environment and rules. Don't whisper at all. If you make a sound, call it out. "My knuckles just popped" or "I accidentally kicked the chair." That way when you go back to listen you know if a sound was made by you or something else. Also do some research into the area you are doing the EVP session. It will help you ask the right questions. After you ask something wait about 20-30 seconds before you ask another question.

White noise is something that some have had luck with while others haven't had much success. I have a cheap white noise generator that I seldom use, but I can use it to play sounds that might help us out. For example one case that we have been investigating several times but haven't had a chance to do this yet is a woman seen watching some kids sleeping. Next time we go there I have a sound file of a baby crying. I'm going to play this clip and see if we get anything.

There are plenty of online magazines that cover how to do EVPs properly. One is Paranormal Underground Magazine. It's free, just requires a quick membership to the site and you can go back about two years of issues and read up on what others are doing.

Good luck.
Posted Image
Pull Grant's collar for the PICT website.

#8 0Phantom0

0Phantom0

Contactee

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 616 posts

Posted 24 March 2010 - 05:12 PM

Get it from T.A.P.S. sure you will catch an E.V.P. ever time use it.

#9 dert414

dert414

Mansquito

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 October 2010 - 08:50 PM

They use Adobe Audition 3 and above. It is the next generation of CoolEditPro. In response to the guy that posted about Audacity...he is sort of correct. Audacity will do some of the things that Audition will do, but not all. Audition has a feature called "adaptive noise reduction" that is VERY good, as well as the regular noise reduction and hiss removers. Adobe costs about $350

#10 sPPoookEe

sPPoookEe

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 16 October 2010 - 02:11 AM

Gotta love open-source software. <_<

Amen!

1. capture your audio in any variety of audio formats
2. import into audacity, view in a timeline
3. listen to / edit your audio ( very simple copy / paste / amplify / etc..)
4. export your audio ( to export in mp3 you need the LAME encoder, download here: LAME )

cost? FREE.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users