36 replies to this topic

#1 scifiadmin1

scifiadmin1

Administrator

• Administrators
  • Pip
  • 570 posts

Posted 15 March 2010 - 01:58 PM

The team will trek through dangerous deserts, confront haunting phantoms, and encounter mythical beasts. Tune in for all-new adventures as the team continues their search for the truth.

#2 stilett0s

stilett0s

Sleestak

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 50 posts

Posted 16 March 2010 - 01:17 AM

I'm glad to see Ryder again. I know a lot of people didn't like her, but I did.

#3 atlcrew

atlcrew

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 17 March 2010 - 09:49 PM

I'm glad to see Ryder again. I know a lot of people didn't like her, but I did.

I'm glad to see her back as well!

#4 Trigfur

Trigfur

Mansquito

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 March 2010 - 12:04 AM

I'm glad to see her back as well!

Having Ryder back is ok, but I'm extremely disappointed to see the "Ghost Hunters" appearing again this season. Those guys are some of the most pathetic, annoying, morons on television.

Josh, for everybody's sake, please please please cut this dead weight loose. For the Syfy execs, stop trying to prop up their POS show by attaching them to Destination Truth.

#5 spiritsalive

spiritsalive

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 18 March 2010 - 10:21 AM

I was so disappointed to see Ryder back on the show. I'm not sure why she even goes on the investigations, unless she's a wannabe TV star. She runs screaming and crying like a 5 year old everytime something happens. The show was much more enjoyable when she was gone.

#6 DecayingAngel

DecayingAngel

Viper Pilot

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 118 posts

Posted 18 March 2010 - 03:02 PM

Having Ryder back is ok, but I'm extremely disappointed to see the "Ghost Hunters" appearing again this season. Those guys are some of the most pathetic, annoying, morons on television.

Josh, for everybody's sake, please please please cut this dead weight loose. For the Syfy execs, stop trying to prop up their POS show by attaching them to Destination Truth.

I agree with you 100%. I didn't like it last season and was very sorry to see they are continuing the trend. You are known by the company you keep, and I would not want to keep company with J & G. It taints DT. Remember when the rare times DT went to investigate hauntings they would simply leave a recorder running to see if it picked up anything, not necessarily EVPs. Now they whip one out and begin the usual inane questions so overused by GH. I'm watching for the adventure, not to see another ghost hunting expedition.

Sorry but unlike last season, I was very unimpressed with this opening episode. It was like yet another appendage of Ghost Hunters. I even fell asleep during the second half, something that would have been unthinkable in the previous seasons.

They are making this show more and more like GH. Even Josh is different; can't quite put my finger on what it is. I don't want to use the phrase "sold out" but it is hard not to.

Sure hope other episodes are better than this. Been a fan since the very first episode but I'm really starting to question the integrity and the "truth" of Destination Truth. And that Masada figure--if it looks like a person, well, that's probably exactly what it was.

#7 brickhouse533

brickhouse533

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 18 March 2010 - 09:28 PM

I was so disappointed to see Ryder back on the show. I'm not sure why she even goes on the investigations, unless she's a wannabe TV star. She runs screaming and crying like a 5 year old everytime something happens. The show was much more enjoyable when she was gone.

Were you watching the same shows as we were? I didn't see one instance of Ryder screaming or running away (Josh did). Admit you just don't like her.

#8 ssck21

ssck21

Mansquito

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 March 2010 - 01:46 AM

omg I CANT STAND Rider shes so annoying, i dont even know why she gets any camera time.
im sad Joel isnt on this season shes cool.

#9 CKShrine

CKShrine

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 19 March 2010 - 04:23 AM

omg I CANT STAND Rider shes so annoying, i dont even know why she gets any camera time.
im sad Joel isnt on this season shes cool.

Josh. You have made 4 bad mistakes.

1. Jael gone.

2. Ryder back.

3 & 4. Letting the con men Grant and Jason appear on your show.

You are known by the company you keep.

#10 PeanutGal

PeanutGal

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 March 2010 - 05:53 PM

I watched Destination Truth for the first time the other night. I really enjoyed this show! It is pretty cool!
I am not sure which girl Ryder is, I will have to check it out. I like Jael, she was on the other night.
PeanutGal

#11 DecayingAngel

DecayingAngel

Viper Pilot

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 118 posts

Posted 21 March 2010 - 01:34 PM

Josh. You have made 4 bad mistakes.

1. Jael gone.

2. Ryder back.

3 & 4. Letting the con men Grant and Jason appear on your show.

You are known by the company you keep.

I agree as I do miss Jael, but I knew after Josh made her climb into that small cage like thing last season we were likely not going to see her again! She called him insane, and she was probably right.

Ryder is OK. I liked Sharra as the tech person. Sorry to see she's not back.

But I especially concur about Jason and Grant (a/k/a Mr. Fishing Line). IMO they are dubious characters at the very least and bring down DT. I am sorry that SyFy has seen fit to throw them together. Now I am forced to question some of the events on DT simply because it brings in these so called experts who don't even know how to use their equipment correctly. And whose sleight of hand has supposedly been caught by a lot of people (you can't hide in the age of video and software analysis equipment).

Please NO MORE TAPS MEMBERS ON DT!. There, I feel better now. <_<

#12 DecayingAngel

DecayingAngel

Viper Pilot

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 118 posts

Posted 21 March 2010 - 01:39 PM

Were you watching the same shows as we were? I didn't see one instance of Ryder screaming or running away (Josh did). Admit you just don't like her.

Hey, it's OK to express fear. They're only human....

Jael (whom I liked) did her fair share of screaming (almost crying) and running but nobody seems to have noticed. IMO Ryder showed less fear than she did, but both women were fine in the show.

Let's face it, there are some scary moments in their adventures. And oh yes, don't forget, the guys weren't above running away either but it looks like only the gals are being called on it. Not fair. <_<

#13 mikewp

mikewp

Caprican

• Full Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 21 March 2010 - 06:02 PM

It's doubtful Josh "lets" Grant and Jason appear on the show. It's dictated by SyFy obviously, cross promotion.

#14 CathySA

CathySA

Mansquito

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 01:41 PM

I see Josh Gates and his team are up to the same old B.S. Why does he always "run out of air", or find out his "batteries are dead", or some other excuse NOT to continue on with an investigation? This has got to be the phoniest show on SYFY. He will never find, or proove that any of these oddities exist, and his macho bravado is really tiresome. Come On SYFY network...you can do better than this!

#15 safwey

safwey

Viper Pilot

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 127 posts

Posted 27 March 2010 - 01:41 AM

I like seeing Ryder back.

How long are batteries suppose to last? Sure we see about 15 minutes of cut but I am sure those cameras are running 6+ hours on the trip. Not trying to be snarky, just trying to explain it is quite normal for batteries to run out of juice.

#16 LRjet

LRjet

Minbari

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 370 posts

Posted 10 May 2010 - 06:06 PM

At lease Ryder can dance :) <_< Shake it Baby!

P.S. Save the earth. It's the only planet with chocolate.

#17 sameulroj25

sameulroj25

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 20 May 2010 - 01:40 AM

I have watched Destination Truth for the first time.I really enjoyed it.I my opinion Ryder is best.

#18 Dallison

Dallison

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 23 May 2010 - 02:03 AM

I like seeing Ryder back.

How long are batteries suppose to last? Sure we see about 15 minutes of cut but I am sure those cameras are running 6+ hours on the trip. Not trying to be snarky, just trying to explain it is quite normal for batteries to run out of juice.

Where would the fun be in that though?
I wish they would stay in places longer too, but it keeps the mystery about it. These shows keep the idea that legendary creatures exist, the fun would be lost if they disproved a lot of them.

#19 Ro_Dann

Ro_Dann

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 27 May 2010 - 03:49 PM

I watch this show but am disappointed. I love the concept but this show proves to be more of a travelouge. They don't stay on an investigative locale more than a day or a night and they think that any set of glowing eys could be something significant. I always hoped for a more serious show.

#20 WindofNight

WindofNight

Peacekeeper

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 400 posts

Posted 27 May 2010 - 06:53 PM

*sighs* I really didnt want Ryder back on the show but if Jael no longer wants to do it, I can kind of understand putting in some different female eye candy. Sorry but Jael could acctually speak other languages and Ryder doesnt seem to have any special skills so thats what I consider her for the time being.

Also, Josh, Im begging and pleading with you here. I love the show, I love the team you run with but you need to ditch Jason and Grant. I know Syfy wants cross promotion of shows but there is a good deal of evidence that shows Jason and Grant as frauds, which is enough to make people dismiss anything you bring forward. Please, please, please when you get evidence of hauntings or paranormal activity either review the evidence yourselves or have a neutral third party do it

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users