• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 GabLei

GabLei

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 03 April 2010 - 02:17 PM

Personally I am excited to see this movie it will be a wonderful to have something that does not fit the standard format, as far as storylines go.

With the talented actors they gathered, such as Luke Goss and Sarah Douglas, combined with the unique dark visual style of Pearry Teo, this will be a welcome change of pace.

WITCHVILLE—Premieres Saturday, May 22, at 9PM (ET/PT)— This first Syfy production in China is a sweeping fantasy tale of a kingdom besieged by witches who are sucking the very life out of the land. Only the new King can save his people, but his mysterious connection to the Red Queen of the witches may be his undoing. Stars Luke Goss.

#2 kishjsagweb

kishjsagweb

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 03 April 2010 - 02:21 PM

I second that!! From all the pics I have seen it is looking like it is gonna be incredible!! Pearry Teo has a VERY unique style and I am REALLY looking forward it!! Never mind that it has the devastatingly SEXY Luke Goss in it (Prince Nuada from GDT's Hellboy 2)

I hope Syfy puts out a trailer SOON!! May 22... like 49 more days!! lol whoot whoot!!
Posted Image Posted Image
Robyn 666

#3 GabLei

GabLei

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 03 April 2010 - 02:25 PM

Dont forget Luke's fab performance in Blade II as Nomak...

I truly hope SyFy will continue to go outside the box with the storylines...cookie cutter standards get old.

#4 kishjsagweb

kishjsagweb

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 03 April 2010 - 02:32 PM

Ohhh AND his divine performance as The Creature in Frankenstein!!! ....that man can act!! I am really looking forward to his performance as King Malachy...AND the fact that he is shirtless and tied up in part of it is DEFINATELY a bonus!!! *droooool*

WITCHVILLE PLOT SUMMARY:

Summoned back to Draeganoth upon the death of his father, King Malachy discovers
that Witches are responsible for the blight and disease that have destroyed his kingdom.
Accompanied by his knights Erik and Jason, and, reluctantly, by self-proclaimed witch
hunter Heinrich Kramer, Malachy sets off in search of the evil ones. Overcoming
obstacles such as a rogue band of thieves, witches disguised as his palace guard and
red-eyed monster hyenas, Malachy and his troupe finally find the Witches. But, in doing
so, Malachy uncovers the secret of his origin and ...... watch to find out !!!!

Robyn 666

#5 kishjsagweb

kishjsagweb

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 07:46 PM

Here is a link to the facebook Witchville page. Director Pearry Teo and Producer Amy Krell (along with a bunch of the Witchville cast) keep it updated daily!! Check it out!!
http://www.facebook....55992607?ref=mf

Posted Image
Robyn 666

#6 easygordon

easygordon

Mostly Harmless

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,856 posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 09:27 PM

I think it is easy to assume that you two either were in on the production of this movie or you work for SyFy in their promotion department. Sarah Douglas is the only person involved I've ever heard of. If it's anything like their typical "original" movies I think I'll pass.

Posted Image
Reviews of SF, Fantasy & Horror books, movies, TV, comics at templetongate.net

#7 lukesgwebdiva

lukesgwebdiva

Mansquito

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 10:02 PM

I think it is easy to assume that you two either were in on the production of this movie or you work for SyFy in their promotion department. Sarah Douglas is the only person involved I've ever heard of. If it's anything like their typical "original" movies I think I'll pass.

Actually the post above are fans of Luke Goss and had no involvement on the film at all; just showing their support for their favorite actor like I am. Luke was in Blade II, The Man and Hellboy II; his future project will be Magdalene from the comic of the same name. If you care to visit his official website maybe his movies or face will ring a bell. He is such a nice guy who is fabulous with his fans; rare to find now a days in the acting world.

What I have seen and read about Witchville, it is one movie I will be staying in to watch and cannot wait for May 22. Sorry I have never heard of Sarah Douglas either; but will look her up !

#8 kishjsagweb

kishjsagweb

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 05 April 2010 - 01:22 AM

Hahahaha...YUP I just love my Lukey!! His fans are ...WE are...VERY loyal!! An amazingly talented man, with a heart of gold...whats NOT to love!!
Robyn 666

#9 Eling

Eling

Mansquito

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 April 2010 - 02:35 AM

I am very much looking forward to seeing Witchville with the very talented and lovely Luke Goss!!!!

#10 GabLei

GabLei

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 13 April 2010 - 09:24 AM

Pearry posted this link on facebook.

Its the guy that did all the music for the movie.

His name Neal Acree and he did the music for Wolrd of Warcraft

Take a moment to listen, its got a very cool feel to it.

#11 GabLei

GabLei

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 09:08 AM

The Director of Witchville, Pearry Teo, put up his thoughts on Witchville, SyFy movies, mega sharks...what he was trying to do with Wichville and how he and syfy have their own vision.

It was a very insightful read NOT just about witchville but also syfys thouhts on original movies and what Pearry had hoped to change with witchville.

Pearry - Tried To Do...

I personally believe his thought process is sound, and although i too like the campy scifi movies - original scifi based movies that offer something different, something that can be taken seriously, are far more interesting in my book.

#12 kishjsagweb

kishjsagweb

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 30 April 2010 - 07:40 PM

WAHOOOOOO!!!! The first movie clip is out!!! CANT WAIT...CANT WAIT!! Sarah Douglas looks GREAT as the Red Queen!!

http://video.syfy.co...k-peek/v1224058
Robyn 666

#13 kishjsagweb

kishjsagweb

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 09:49 AM

3 more days till Witchville hits Syfy!!

<_< :) :P This Saturday at 9pm :P :P :D

...YAYAYAYA...

Robyn 666

#14 GabLei

GabLei

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 22 May 2010 - 05:13 PM

HOURS... just HOURS now!!!!

#15 kishjsagweb

kishjsagweb

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 22 May 2010 - 05:54 PM

Definately EXCITED for Witchville to FINALLY be here!! For anyone (particularly the ladies) who might need convincing...check out some sneak pics!!

Posted Image

Posted Image

WHHHOOAAAA BABY!!! How could you NOT wanna see THAT!! *droool*
Robyn 666

#16 Searambler

Searambler

Caprican

• Full Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 23 May 2010 - 06:49 AM

*** Mild Spoilers Alert!***

OK, I started to watch this last night. Whoever was in charge of costumes and weapons should be drummed out
of the business! It actually could have been pretty good, or at least not too bad, but those absolutely ridiculous
costumes and swords totally wrecked it for me. Nearly everyone wore this insane decoration thingy on ONE of
their shoulders. It stuck up - or out - at least a foot and served no purpose at all. Other than to hinder a fighting
man in a fight, that is. They were SUPPOSED to look like they were made of steel and/or bone, but they actually
looked extremely cheesy. What finally drove me away for good was a slow-motion scene where 2 of the good guys
were shown slamming into each other. One could CLEARLY see the 'decoration' on one guys shoulder compress,
then spring back into shape - it was made of rubber! When I saw that I laughed out loud, and changed the channel
for good. <_<

Oh, and the swords! I'm neither an armorer nor a swordsman, but even I could see they would never hold up in
a real sword fight. Big but very flat and thin, like a long piece of tin. And they narrowed down to barely half the
width of the blade near the hilt. Which makes THAT an incredibly weak spot for a sword. They looked like the
kind of sword a fantasy nerd would buy at a Renaissance Festival and hang on his wall. And I don't mean that in
a good way. :)

What a shame. This coulda been kinda cool. (IMHO, of course...........) :P

#17 kishjsagweb

kishjsagweb

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 23 May 2010 - 12:07 PM

I was actually REALLY happy with this! I knew I would like it because of the people involved... AND even though Pearry Teo (director) had said he tried to stear it away from the typical Syfy cheese, I still expected it to be more cheesey. I thought they did an amazing job on a very limited budget! Try to factor that in when you are judging these movies ...they have to work withing a small amount of time AND money, so you can't expect hollywood quality props, it just doesnt work that way. All the people involved poured their heart into this movie and I think that shows.

I loved it <_< and will DEFINATELY be getting it when it eventually (hopefully soon) comes to DVD!
Posted Image
Robyn 666

#18 PissedofVulcan

PissedofVulcan

Screaming Brain

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7,884 posts

Posted 23 May 2010 - 06:09 PM

It was one of the best Sat SciFi movies. But they ruined it at the end with the 2 robed creatures. Guess they plan on doing another one. Maybe this time with a budget. Which I think if they would have had any kind of budget this movie would have been great.

104,000 Tons of Diplomacy

Posted Image

4.5 Acres of Sovereign American Territory any where in the world you want to put it.

#19 Peter12345

Peter12345

Mansquito

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 May 2010 - 03:37 PM

Hi everyone

I dont normally watch sci fi movies, but I caught this one online. I actually kind of enjoyed it. It was hardly the best movie ever, but I will definately watch the sequel if there is one. There seemed to be a few gaping holes in the plot but hardy showstoppers in my opinion. I have watched worse movies than this and still been entertained so I would give this at least 7/10 for effort.

Let me know if there is a sequel. If there isnt, oh well...

Pete

#20 kishjsagweb

kishjsagweb

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 25 May 2010 - 04:40 PM

There hasnt been any word on a sequel...though there have been MANY people who seem to be interested in one... including me!!

If you are interested you can go post your comments straight to the producer (amy krell) and Director (pearry teo) on the witchville facebook page. They are SUPER great people and I am sure would love to hear your thoughts <_< They have kept us fans posted on lots of cool stuff over the last couple of months waiting for this movie!!!

Witchville FB page here: http://www.facebook....55992607?ref=mf
Robyn 666

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users