Photo

Riverworld Poll

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

Poll: How Would you Rate This Miniseries? (33 member(s) have cast votes)

Riverworld

1. 1 - Excellent (6 votes [18.18%])

Percentage of vote: 18.18%

2. 2 - Good (13 votes [39.39%])

Percentage of vote: 39.39%

3. 3 - Fair (5 votes [15.15%])

Percentage of vote: 15.15%

4. 4 - Poor (5 votes [15.15%])

Percentage of vote: 15.15%

5. 5 - Horrible/What were they thinking?? (4 votes [12.12%])

Percentage of vote: 12.12%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 pscard

pscard

Chosen One

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,072 posts

Posted 20 April 2010 - 01:43 PM

WHAT DID YOU THINK OF RIVERWORLD?

Posted Image

"Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called sons of God." (Matthew 5:9)

Let's declare 2014 as the Year of Love.

#2 pscard

pscard

Chosen One

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,072 posts

Posted 20 April 2010 - 01:44 PM

Just thought we needed a poll.

<_<

"Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called sons of God." (Matthew 5:9)

#3 mayrwyn

mayrwyn

Caprican

• Full Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 20 April 2010 - 04:18 PM

Just thought we needed a poll.

:)

Polls are always good!

#4 Gopita

Gopita

Mansquito

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 April 2010 - 04:41 PM

So, I haven't read the books...I liked it. Maybe I will read the books now. For people who don't write scripts, it's EASY to complain.

#5 easygordon

easygordon

Mostly Harmless

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,978 posts

Posted 20 April 2010 - 05:35 PM

I voted Fair, although my true opinion is somewhere in between Fair and Good.

I will watch it if it's made into a series (at least at the beginning), but I don't expect that to happen.

Posted Image
Reviews of SF, Fantasy & Horror books, movies, TV, comics at templetongate.net

#6 pscard

pscard

Chosen One

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,072 posts

Posted 20 April 2010 - 07:35 PM

Question: Since everyone in Riverworld were resurrected to the age of 30, may we assume that who died before that age on Earth were not resurrected?

#7 venm11

venm11

Caprican

• Full Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 20 April 2010 - 10:38 PM

Question: Since everyone in Riverworld were resurrected to the age of 30, may we assume that who died before that age on Earth were not resurrected?

That's a good question. I was wondering if only notable people were resurrected, at least per the first movie.

#8 mayrwyn

mayrwyn

Caprican

• Full Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 21 April 2010 - 12:09 AM

Good question. Of course, if they could be made younger, they could be made older as well. Can you imagine a bunch of 7 year olds trapped in 30 year old bodies? Talk about traumatic. Eh-at least they would get to skip puberty.
"The loss of a friend is like that of a limb; time may heal the anguish of the wound but the loss can never be recovered." -robert southey

#9 pscard

pscard

Chosen One

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,072 posts

Posted 21 April 2010 - 05:35 AM

In the 2003 version there was a young girl who did not speak. In this version, Matt had accidentally killed a young girl with his car. Is there some connection between these two that are in the book?

#10 easygordon

easygordon

Mostly Harmless

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,978 posts

Posted 21 April 2010 - 08:06 AM

In the 2003 version there was a young girl who did not speak. In this version, Matt had accidentally killed a young girl with his car. Is there some connection between these two that are in the book?

I need to reread the books because it has been a long time. IIRC, there were some children resurrected, none below a certain age but I can't recall what age that was. There couldn't be any connection between the girl Matt killed and any children in the books, since Matt's character is not from the book.

Posted Image
Reviews of SF, Fantasy & Horror books, movies, TV, comics at templetongate.net

#11 pscard

pscard

Chosen One

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,072 posts

Posted 21 April 2010 - 11:19 AM

I need to reread the books because it has been a long time. IIRC, there were some children resurrected, none below a certain age but I can't recall what age that was. There couldn't be any connection between the girl Matt killed and any children in the books, since Matt's character is not from the book.

Thanks for the info. It could just be a coincidence, but if you do come across any reference, please let me know.

THX

#12 NedKled

NedKled

Sleestak

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 50 posts

Posted 21 April 2010 - 11:51 AM

Thanks for the info. It could just be a coincidence, but if you do come across any reference, please let me know.

THX

I was looking up the book series on Wikipedia and it says that the really young children were sent to a different world.
Check out my Super-heroine adventure website: www.Ultraheroix.com

#13 pscard

pscard

Chosen One

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,072 posts

Posted 21 April 2010 - 12:10 PM

Here's another question.
It was speculated that Riverworld is 100 times larger than Earth. These days we refer to such a planet as a 'Super-Earth'. Realistically, they could not survive long if the gravitational field of Riverworld was 100 times greater than Earth's nor would life have evolved as we've seen - the trees would not have grown as tall as we've seen.

This leaves two possibiites:
1. This is a real planet that naturally formed and the 'Blues' have technology that can control the planet's gravity.
2. Riverworld is an artificial planet that is hollow on the inside but still with enough gravitational force to make it similar to Earth's or the gravitational force is artificially generated.

#14 venm11

venm11

Caprican

• Full Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 21 April 2010 - 02:40 PM

interesting.

3) The world is flat but accelerating upwards at 9.8 meters per second, per second.

#15 McSheppard

McSheppard

Superhero

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,358 posts

Posted 21 April 2010 - 08:44 PM

All in all I actually liked the 2003 pilot better.
But I think Syfy will green light this one due to the good ratings they received. Hopefully they'll also look at what the fans are saying and make some necessary improvements.

GateFans - Independent and uncensored sci-fi talk.

#16 pscard

pscard

Chosen One

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,072 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 08:38 PM

All in all I actually liked the 2003 pilot better.
But I think Syfy will green light this one due to the good ratings they received. Hopefully they'll also look at what the fans are saying and make some necessary improvements.

I feel both miniseries have their good and bad points.

#17 PissedofVulcan

PissedofVulcan

Screaming Brain

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7,884 posts

Posted 23 April 2010 - 06:58 PM

I liked the show took me 4 days to get through all 4 hours of it. Even though I fast forwarded through the commercials.

104,000 Tons of Diplomacy

Posted Image

4.5 Acres of Sovereign American Territory any where in the world you want to put it.

#18 McSheppard

McSheppard

Superhero

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,358 posts

Posted 23 April 2010 - 07:28 PM

I feel both miniseries have their good and bad points.

What do you think was done better this time?
GateFans - Independent and uncensored sci-fi talk.

#19 cary1962

cary1962

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 03 May 2010 - 11:55 PM

Per the books: Everyone who ever lived on earth from 100,000 BC (or was it 1,000,000 BC) to 2008 AD over the age of five was resurected as a 25 year old. Naked with no facial hair. If they lost limbs or suffered from any physical ailments on Earth, they were not afflicted at resurection. If in fact if they survived dismemberment on Riverworld, limbs, eyes, organs would grow back in time. However, no one knew anymore or less than they new at death. Which by the way was the first thing that ruined the movie for me. If you could'nt swim on Earth, you'd just keep coming back and then drowning over and over in the movie. Mental health was also not changed if you were a nutcase in life, you were one when resurected. The residents of River world also thought possibly that children under five and mentaly impaired were resurected on a different planet. But the story never followed that track other than people wondering if they'd ever find their children or siblings. Also the "Ethicals" did not look any different than the humans and were suspected of having many agents living among them.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users