1 reply to this topic

#1 easygordon

easygordon

Mostly Harmless

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,856 posts

Posted 20 April 2010 - 05:45 PM

Several people have commented that Mark Deklin's performance as Sam "Mark Twain" Clemens is one of the highlights of the new Riverworld film. I agree.

For anyone who wants to see something else he was in I recommend you check out "Better Off Ted," which was on ABC sporadically over the past couple of years but is more than likely permanently canceled. He played Mordor, Veronica (Portia de Rossi) Palmer's love interest, who was a stage magician. The two episodes he was in were among the best out of the short run of the series.

Secrets and Lives - Season 1, Episode 13 - available on DVD
It's Nothing Business, It's Just Personal - Season 2, Episode 4 (not yet on DVD, or on hulu.com either)

Posted Image
Reviews of SF, Fantasy & Horror books, movies, TV, comics at templetongate.net

#2 mayrwyn

mayrwyn

Caprican

• Full Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 21 April 2010 - 12:05 AM

Thanks! I really appreciate this. I think he did a very good job with what was written, and am definitely watching more of his stuff in the future.

I keep waiting for the day that casting directors start worrying about talent instead of trying to figure out an actors "audience pull" and the ever-popular "how many teenage girls will scream at him to take his shirt off?" Not that Deklin isn't attractive - he's nice enough looking I suppose - but some of us aren't looking for models here. Actors. As in "the ability to act".

Deklin proved in this that he has that ability, and I hope to see him in many new projects soon.
"The loss of a friend is like that of a limb; time may heal the anguish of the wound but the loss can never be recovered." -robert southey

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users