• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#21 hrdhed69

hrdhed69

Mansquito

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 June 2010 - 06:31 PM

I like it, the suit needs a tweaking to get more of a purple tint to it instead of black. I would love to see this as a series, the development potential for at least 13 if not 26 episodes is large. looking forward to the next one, if there is a next one.

#22 spragdoodle

spragdoodle

Mansquito

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 June 2010 - 08:40 PM

The plot line kept my interest. Like most comments, I agree it still needs alittle work but give it a chance.

Now the suit for the phantom does need some work.
What were they thinKing?
The helmut thingy has got to go! It was distracting to say the least.
How could anyone take someone seriously with such a funky hat .
It kind of had a thirties Ingred Bergman look to it.
<_<

#23 TheRealChakraDave

TheRealChakraDave

Foo Fighter

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,048 posts

Posted 21 June 2010 - 08:48 PM

You mean the slimmed down bomb disposal suit? You mean the motocross armor with the codpiece cup in his chest?

#24 txlucky1

txlucky1

Slan

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 14,263 posts

Posted 21 June 2010 - 10:28 PM

For all of you people screaming that you want a show to come out of this movie, DONT, because than they will think that it will outstrip the ratings of their flagship shows, like the crappy BSG prequil, or the even more crappy SGU. Then they will do what they did to Dresden files and cancel it because it was a kick *** show,

However, I do think that with the correct writters this could be an awsom show

You are a ray of sunshine. <_<

Syfy member since April 1999

#25 blackwolf0728

blackwolf0728

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 22 June 2010 - 05:29 PM

You are a ray of sunshine. <_<

maybe, however it doesn't make my words any less true

#26 txlucky1

txlucky1

Slan

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 14,263 posts

Posted 22 June 2010 - 07:51 PM

maybe, however it doesn't make my words any less true

There is no truth found in personal taste. I happen to like SGU and Caprica. I also liked Dresden Files. None of those opinions makes either of us right or wrong, nor do they imply any truth except from a singular point of view.

Syfy member since April 1999

#27 Ponder28

Ponder28

Wacky Professor

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,803 posts

Posted 23 June 2010 - 12:22 PM

[size=4]
How could anyone take someone seriously with such a funky hat .

The same question could be asked about a guy who runs around in purple tights. <_<
The appropriate response to arrogance laced with ignorance is always that of watchful quietude. - Anonymous

#28 TheRealChakraDave

TheRealChakraDave

Foo Fighter

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,048 posts

Posted 23 June 2010 - 10:29 PM

Purple is fashionable. Just ask The Joker. <_<

#29 Len24

Len24

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 07:49 AM

Please join in on the discussions here!

#30 Len24

Len24

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 07:52 AM

Am a BIG fan of The Phantom since childhood and am looking forward to seeing MORE of the series (there will be more??) . I know that times have changed but let's not forget the original concept of this Ghost Who Walks

#31 ShadowBlade8283

ShadowBlade8283

Mansquito

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 10:08 PM

I agree that this new Phantom is a fresh start for the character although I think the mask of the suit needs to be changed more. At any rate, my question for the forum is this: In the Phantom's arsenal, is he using traditional .45 caliber 1911 pistols or are they modified?

#32 Ponder28

Ponder28

Wacky Professor

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,803 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 05:41 AM

I agree that this new Phantom is a fresh start for the character although I think the mask of the suit needs to be changed more. At any rate, my question for the forum is this: In the Phantom's arsenal, is he using traditional .45 caliber 1911 pistols or are they modified?

In the scene where Kit decided to accept the role of the Phantom it was explained to him that his father's pistols were modified to chamber a larger round than the .45 ACP.
The appropriate response to arrogance laced with ignorance is always that of watchful quietude. - Anonymous

#33 my2girls

my2girls

Mansquito

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 July 2010 - 01:08 PM

I hope they make a series. I think it has a lot of potential and I really enjoyed the miniseries. The story just seemed to be developing and then it was over, so hopefully there will be more to come.

#34 PhantomFan35

PhantomFan35

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 11:21 PM

All of you who are bashing the new suit, I disagree with you, but I see where you're coming from. I didn't know what The Phantom was before I rented this, so I had no prior knowledge of the character, the suit, etc. After watching the movie, and seeing pictures of the old suit, I feel like not only is the new suit 1000x better, butI personally think it beats any other superhero's suit out there. However, for those who grew up with The Ghost Who Walks, I can see why the change would bother you. But I think you should just look past the suit and see how great this series will be. I watched the pilot all in one sitting, and liked it so much that I watched all of it again two days later.

#35 stardo43

stardo43

Mansquito

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 October 2011 - 12:07 PM

Make the sequel. It would be senseless to cut the story short just as it was getting good.

#36 soren07

soren07

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 03:30 PM

I'm not positive about the exact time. But it appears "The Phantom" will be airing again on 12/12/11 @ 8 A.M. central time.

#37 Jimmstrek

Jimmstrek

Mansquito

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 07:00 PM

I'm not positive about the exact time. But it appears "The Phantom" will be airing again on 12/12/11 @ 8 A.M. central time.

I must have missed that or it did not air as believed. Regardless, I watched the DVD as it was available in my local Family Video Store. I actually was impressed with it, and still like the original motion picture that starred Billy Zane. What can I say, I am old school and do not mind the old comic book characters of the WWII era being revived either on the big screen or in a TV mini series. Like many others who have posted, I too would not mind a sequel. I guess it would be up to the fans to pester the people at NBC to finance and produce one. LOL. Be well one and all. Jimmstrek

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users