11 replies to this topic

#1 miles11we

miles11we

Sleestak

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 75 posts

Posted 12 May 2010 - 09:23 AM

I prefer syfy's modern interpretation of the story, where ya the whole traveling to a different universe/time/place through a mirror, but most other things arent that far fetched
Support our Stargate Universe, Atlantis, SG-1, Farscape, Star trek, and Battlestar shirts!
----POPFUNK----

#2 MolybdenumGirl

MolybdenumGirl

Caprican

• Full Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 17 August 2010 - 02:41 AM

right on

#3 Nerd42

Nerd42

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 24 August 2010 - 08:45 AM

I prefer syfy's modern interpretation of the story, where ya the whole traveling to a different universe/time/place through a mirror, but most other things arent that far fetched

I agree, though I enjoyed Burton's version as well. My favorite Alice in Wonderland film is still the 1999 television version. BTW, interested people should watch "Alice on the Wall"

#4 adelfjohanason

adelfjohanason

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 08 September 2010 - 07:27 AM

#5 nebariscaper

nebariscaper

Minbari

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 296 posts

Posted 15 September 2010 - 09:46 AM

It is a pity that the SyFy ALICE did not get the coverage of the Burton/Depp concoction. It rocked in a way that the mega millions and even the inclusion of my all time favorite voice in the Universe (Alan Rickman)which was bestowed on the film did not. It had originality and characters that were far from shallow caricatures.

#6 Gemini55

Gemini55

Sleestak

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 85 posts

Posted 25 September 2010 - 11:40 AM

I loved both versions. Another great one is Danny Dyer's Malice in Wonderland.

#7 IAmTheTimeLord

IAmTheTimeLord

Sleestak

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 71 posts

Posted 05 October 2010 - 04:48 PM

My favorite Alice In Wonderland is the one from 1951 the Disney classic.
Nothing beats it oldschool.
:D
But the TV miniseries is good too.

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

:)The best things in life. :)

#8 beyondtheshy

beyondtheshy

Minbari

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 234 posts

Posted 22 December 2010 - 08:30 AM

Syfy's version filled in what the Burton one was unable to do. Cement me as an AlicexHatter fan. Burton gave teases and was originally supposed to have Alice and Hatter kiss at the end, but they had to cut it for "personal reasons".
I know of some people who shipped an Older!Alice and Hatter before, but the chemistry between Potts and Scorsone made them the only pair I could see making this work. As much as I love Tim Burton, Depp and Vashikovska didn't really click for me. AlicexHatter to me will always mean the "brunnete, buttkicking" Alice and the "cute, British" Hatter "with a moustache."
The difficulty with making something completely foolproof is that the designers always
underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools. H2G2

#9 Estelle55

Estelle55

Mansquito

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 May 2011 - 12:17 PM

I really enjoyed Syfy's Alice more than Burton's. The acting made a big difference as well

#10 Kaitou16

Kaitou16

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 27 August 2011 - 07:26 PM

I really enjoyed Syfy's Alice more than Burton's. The acting made a big difference as well

hi i just got a copy of the dvd and watched it for the first time, and thought it was awesome, and much better than the Burton version. The overall acting seemed better, and the onscreen character chemistry was really convincing.

#11 FB1992

FB1992

Mansquito

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 10:26 PM

Burton's version will always be my favorite.

#12 triptych2

triptych2

Sleestak

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 89 posts

Posted 08 October 2011 - 06:40 AM

Any way it is told, LC's classic psychedelic story....because that is what it is....psychedelic:):)....will always be UP there in lights for me :):)
"The real HORROR out there is REALITY!"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users