• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#1 kolino

kolino

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 11:46 AM

These shows are SOOOO boring. Nothing happens except for a bunch of people freaking out over what ends up being nothing. Im starting a thread for people who hate this boring show, and will make one for ghost hunters too.

#2 Alexandria79

Alexandria79

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 18 May 2010 - 06:18 AM

Destination Truth and Ghost Hunters are two of the highest rated shows on SyFy. Guess the majority of people do not agree with you on this.

#3 safwey

safwey

Viper Pilot

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 127 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 08:54 PM

Destination Truth and Ghost Hunters are two of the highest rated shows on SyFy. Guess the majority of people do not agree with you on this.

Seconded.

#4 sameulroj25

sameulroj25

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 20 May 2010 - 01:55 AM

Every man have his own opinion and in my opinion Destination Truth is best and not boring at all. i love to see Destination Truth

#5 EponineAngell

EponineAngell

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 11 October 2010 - 12:58 AM

These shows are SOOOO boring. Nothing happens except for a bunch of people freaking out over what ends up being nothing. Im starting a thread for people who hate this boring show, and will make one for ghost hunters too.

Kolino and Safwey, if you're soooo bored with the show, get off our forum... This show rocks! And if you don't appreciate it, don't rain on our parade!
But, as the fan above me said, to each his own.... It's just that I get a little irked when non-fans seek out FAN websites to bash the shows.

#6 USAFprime

USAFprime

Sleestak

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 79 posts

Posted 11 October 2010 - 03:59 AM

They may run around and not find anything or freak out during the ghost hunts, but at least they are entertaining.

My only problem with DT is they need to bring back Ryder!! Alli is flat and not entertaining at all.

#7 Raithe8

Raithe8

Dune Messiah

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,375 posts

Posted 11 October 2010 - 12:45 PM

These shows are SOOOO boring. Nothing happens except for a bunch of people freaking out over what ends up being nothing.

Umm, why do you think these shows decide to start "cranking it up a notch"? It's posts like this. No producer wants to hear that his show is boring, so what will he do...make it NOT BORING at the expense of fact. Posts like this are part of the problem we see with what GH etc are becoming.

Having an open mind is a two-way street

There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary...and those who do not.

#8 Fabuleux

Fabuleux

Caprican

• Full Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 11 October 2010 - 07:47 PM

KOLINO get OFF THE DT FORUM!

See what I did there? I used your post against you! BURN =P
Josh Gates is super delicious~

(Avatar Artwork by Me~)

#9 rbredmond

rbredmond

Peacekeeper

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 493 posts

Posted 12 October 2010 - 05:21 PM

Kolino - "These shows are SOOOO boring. Nothing happens except for a bunch of people freaking out over what ends up being nothing. Im starting a thread for people who hate this boring show, and will make one for ghost hunters too."

Take a hike man.

It's one of the highest rated shows on SyFy, so either you're wrong or millions of other people are.

Methinks it's you.

Go to forums of shows you DO like, like Sesame Street.

#10 WindofNight

WindofNight

Peacekeeper

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 400 posts

Posted 12 October 2010 - 05:27 PM

*Puts up a big Do not feed the troll sign*

#11 foozle

foozle

Peacekeeper

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 405 posts

Posted 12 October 2010 - 05:45 PM

Put on your fire retardant underoos boys and girls, it's getting hot in here!

The remote control is such a simple device for removing unwanted programing from view, I wonder at some peoples inability to use it.Posted Image

"Just a little case of mood poisoning...must be something I hate." David Warner, Wild Palms

Some days it's just not worth it to gnaw through the leather straps.

#12 USAFprime

USAFprime

Sleestak

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 79 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 03:06 AM

People do know how to use it, it is just when said people lose the remote and are not capable of operating the tv manually that is an issue

#13 Sanvean17

Sanvean17

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 16 October 2010 - 01:03 PM

I enjoying learning about mythology and the like, but I agree (such as with some paranormal programs) the freaking-out-over-nothing does get annoying.
"Winds of change consume the land, while we remain in the shadows of summers now passed" - Dead Can Dance

#14 marshal99

marshal99

Viper Pilot

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 196 posts

Posted 17 October 2010 - 07:06 AM

In a controlled environment like a house , perhaps not but trampling out in the jungle in the dark with wildlife and plenty of snakes , poisonous spiders & scorpions , i would freak out just as badly.

If you want serious cryptozoology investigations , go watch monsterquest - it's dry presentation. The investigators don't camp out , just put trap cameras and retrieve it a day later.
DH is about entertainment , Josh Gates make the difference , without his wit and humor , the show wouldn't be half as good.

Early Josh Gates as he scams his way inside disneyland.

#15 khobar

khobar

Minbari

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 380 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 12:17 PM

Umm, why do you think these shows decide to start "cranking it up a notch"? It's posts like this. No producer wants to hear that his show is boring, so what will he do...make it NOT BORING at the expense of fact. Posts like this are part of the problem we see with what GH etc are becoming.

Producers a) don't read these forums and B) even if they did they wouldn't pay attention to the comments. Producers only react to ratings numbers, period. Ghost Hunters ratings have been falling since the show reached critical mass (when no new viewers tuned in to see what all the buzz was about). From what I've read, they got the one investigator to inflate her assets. Apparently they've also changed their tagline (from "What the fetch" to "Did you see/hear/feel that" and "What the he** was that?"). They've got one guy who apparently is constantly seeing things while another guy I think has been nick-named "Dasher" because he's guaranteed to dash after some shadow, etc. All gimmicks someone thought would breathe fresh life back into the show. LOL.

Destination Truth is a pretty good show for what it is, but it has lost a lot of appeal since they've been using the two plumbers as "experts" to analyze their evidence. DT used to go with credible "experts" for DNA testing, etc. but I guess it was too expensive and someone thought doing the plumber routine would be "good enough". Dumb idea.

#16 GhostTiger

GhostTiger

Peacekeeper

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 482 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 02:23 PM

Kolino, while your opinions seem to be fair and balanced I beg you to deny the fact that Josh Gates is a god among men. His witty dialogue is that of a genius and the fact that his jaw line is as chiseled as a Bangkok street merchant. You seem like a guy who knows what's boring but this time you may have lashed out irrationally. I love you and hope you open your heart to a better tomorrow.
Posted Image
AMERICAN BAD @SS
"GhostTiger is the coolest cat I know"~Jason Hawes

#17 Persis

Persis

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 02:42 PM

Seconded.

Thirded! :P

I always enjoy GH (will definitely be watching tonite!), and I enjoy Destination Truth too--love Josh's sense of humor, he always cracks me up! (And GhostTiger is so right--he isa god among men--not that this has anything to do with my liking of the show, of course. :lol: )

And if I were stumbling around a jungle in the middle of the night, I'd be screaming so loud it would set off alarms from Bangkok to Boston. It's easy to be "brave" sitting on the sofa with a beer (or whatever B) ) in one hand and the remote in the other, even I can do that!

So kindly stop picking on my guys!!! :wub:
From ghoulies and ghosties/ And long-leggedy beasties/ And things that go bump in the night/ Good Lord, deliver us!~~old Scottish prayer

#18 GhostTiger

GhostTiger

Peacekeeper

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 482 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 03:20 PM

I agree, why be so mean spirited to Josh Gates? All he wants to do is bring cheer to our spirits and let all the children all over the world realize that they are champions in the game of life. Would you say such things to Ghandi or Mother Theresa or Tootie from Facts of Life? No you wouldn't!! Maybe one day one of you will have a show and I'll get on it's message board and post some thing like "Hey, your show isn't all that great. I mean it's ok, but it lacks something. It lacks heart, the heart of a child, the heart of say Josh Gates" and then you'll think twice about who you've hurt with your words!!! Sorry guys I really cook like a kettle when Josh Gates is spoken poorly about.
Posted Image
AMERICAN BAD @SS
"GhostTiger is the coolest cat I know"~Jason Hawes

#19 Raithe8

Raithe8

Dune Messiah

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,375 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 05:12 PM

Producers a) don't read these forums and B) even if they did they wouldn't pay attention to the comments. Producers only react to ratings numbers, period.

No, probably not personally, but you can bet your bottom nickel they've got people "checking the wind" who do let them know when a critical mass of comments appears. And as far as reacting to ratings ONLY...I disagree, it can't be coincidence that there have been format changes that were started as comments and uproar in forums.

Having an open mind is a two-way street

There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary...and those who do not.

#20 atlcrew

atlcrew

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 09:23 PM

I love Destination Truth! Josh and his teams have always done a tremendous job. On a personal note, I do wish they would not involve the Ghost Hunters Team on so many episodes.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users