3 replies to this topic

#1 ariallie

ariallie

Dune Messiah

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,913 posts

Posted 02 June 2010 - 11:00 AM

ugo.com printed this list last week and I just found it today. Our BSG is number nine, with an explanation why. I find I can't disagree with their reasoning; I gather it would have been number one if it were not for season four. Interesting list, otherwise. I was surprised by their number one, but the author explained his reasons. I think we're too close to the finale of Lost for me to decide whether or not it deserved its ranking. I like most of the top ten, with some minor disagreements. At least he explains his reasons well, right on into responding to comments in that section. Here's the link:

Top Fifty TV Sci-fi Series

#2 Acrux_Draconis

Acrux_Draconis

Dune Messiah

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,044 posts

Posted 02 June 2010 - 04:31 PM

ugo.com printed this list last week and I just found it today. Our BSG is number nine, with an explanation why. I find I can't disagree with their reasoning; I gather it would have been number one if it were not for season four. Interesting list, otherwise. I was surprised by their number one, but the author explained his reasons. I think we're too close to the finale of Lost for me to decide whether or not it deserved its ranking. I like most of the top ten, with some minor disagreements. At least he explains his reasons well, right on into responding to comments in that section. Here's the link:

Top Fifty TV Sci-fi Series

I agree, some what, with the rankings, Due to the fact that like you season 4 and the finale seriously hurt BSG. Most of the higher ranking shows are the reason we have great SCI FI and Regular shows The Prisoner Twilight Zone and DW are what inspired most sci fi writers in the first place.

Anyway dinner time so........
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<Who dares to live forever>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Posted Image

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<Who dares to love forever>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

#3 JorgeCis

JorgeCis

Wacky Professor

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,582 posts

Posted 02 June 2010 - 10:25 PM

I agree, some what,  with the rankings, Due to the fact that like you season 4 and the finale seriously hurt BSG. Most of the higher ranking shows are the reason we have great SCI FI and Regular shows  The Prisoner Twilight Zone and DW are what inspired most sci fi writers in the first place.

Anyway dinner time so........

That's a respectable list, and I agree with you.  I was surprised and somewhat disagree with a few of the comments on the shows, but for the most part I can respect the ones up there.  TNG really was a great show.  Better than Lost is debatable, but I can see an argument going either way.

#4 SunshineAlien

SunshineAlien

Contactee

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 662 posts

Posted 05 June 2010 - 12:01 AM

I am a bit surprised Babylon 5 is absent from the top 10.

BSG is about right--borderline Top 10, certainly top 20 for lifetime achievement. But that last season and the finale destroy any claim to the best, which it seemed likely to own at the end of Season 2.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users