Posted 02 July 2010 - 10:03 PM

when will we see season 3

#2 wonderon

wonderon

Caprican

• Full Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 02 July 2010 - 10:13 PM

Is that what it meant when they showed it at the end of the finale? I hope so! Please bring it back and let us know SyFy! <_< I kept seeing ads for the Season One DVD, so I hope that means season 2 will be released in the US soonn on DVD too! :)

#3 tnmerlin1

tnmerlin1

Mansquito

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 July 2010 - 10:42 PM

I hope so too PLEASE if execs at syfy are reading I WANT A SEASON 3!!!!! PLEASE LET ALL MERLIN FANS KNOW THANKS

#4 Frankjb100

Frankjb100

Caprican

• Full Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 04 July 2010 - 03:00 AM

I hope so too PLEASE if execs at syfy are reading I WANT A SEASON 3!!!!! PLEASE LET ALL MERLIN FANS KNOW THANKS

I hope they air it close to same timeline that it will be aired in England. I know I missed a few episodes this year and was able to easily find them online. In fact the entire season was online before the first episode aired here. I don't like watching tv on my computer so I just waited until they aired and watched them on Syfy. But I have to think that if they aired them around the same time they did in England the ratings would be even better.

I would also hope that the SGU producers watch this series. I would label Merlin as a drama more than action adventure. I think kind of what SGU was going for. The main difference is the characters in Merlin are likeable and I come back to watch it every week even though fantasy really isnt a genre I normally watch. In fact this show has 2 strikes against it for me. I am not a big fan of folk lore type shows. Like Robin Hood or Merlin because I don't like to know what is going to happen. Like in Merlin we all know the story and everyone knew Morganna was going to be evil. And then I dont like the genre. But the good storytelling and acting get me to tune in each week and watch it.

#5 dvdgal

dvdgal

Mansquito

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 July 2010 - 09:45 PM

This show has had an odd TV life but I've enjoyed every episode. I have no idea how it went from NBC to Syfy but I don't really care as long as we keep getting the episodes. NBC was stupid to cancel it but ... that's NBC. I hope Syfy is smarter.

#6 wonderon

wonderon

Caprican

• Full Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 05 July 2010 - 11:27 AM

Yes! Bring it on and keep it coming

#7 txlucky1

txlucky1

Slan

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 14,155 posts

Posted 05 July 2010 - 11:40 AM

I understand that NBCU is in negotiations for the next season of Merlin, so everyone keep your fingers crossed. Due to the recent ratings successes, I fear BBCA may get the rights.

Syfy member since April 1999

#8 knrdodd

knrdodd

Mansquito

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 July 2010 - 03:45 PM

I truly do love this show so it can't be soon enough for the new episodes to appear. I did write and let SyFy know how rare it is to find series that are suitable for the whole family yet Merlin accomplishes this.

Can I gush how adorable Bradley James is?

#9 wonderon

wonderon

Caprican

• Full Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 05 July 2010 - 11:31 PM

Is NBCU NBC? If so, they already passed on season 2 before. It would be weird for them to suddenly take it back. It's fine if BBC America gets it IMO, because I get that channel. I hope SYFY keeps it because it seems to be doing well there.

#10 crystiravenlee

crystiravenlee

Caprican

• Full Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 07:19 AM

I don't think it's possible to gush enough about how adorable Bradley is. He just gets so more every eposide!!
just because he died, doesn't mean i've stopped loving him.....

#11 txlucky1

txlucky1

Slan

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 14,155 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 08:28 AM

Is NBCU NBC? If so, they already passed on season 2 before. It would be weird for them to suddenly take it back. It's fine if BBC America gets it IMO, because I get that channel. I hope SYFY keeps it because it seems to be doing well there.

NBCU is NBC Universal, the parent company for NBC, Syfy, USA, and a host of other networks. NBCU bought the rights last year to show Merlin during the summer. The show didn't do too well on NBC, but then hardly anyone knew it was on. This season, they transferred the show to Syfy, which is still part of the NBC family. We will have to wait and see what happens this season.

Syfy member since April 1999

#12 wonderon

wonderon

Caprican

• Full Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 10:11 PM

They should bring it back and release Season 2 ASAP in my opinion.

#13 cflat28

cflat28

Contactee

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 612 posts

Posted 13 July 2010 - 10:08 PM

I'm crossing my fingers that it'll be aired (in the US) in the fall sometime.

#14 citygirl462000

citygirl462000

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 03:02 PM

I truly do love this show so it can't be soon enough for the new episodes to appear. I did write and let SyFy know how rare it is to find series that are suitable for the whole family yet Merlin accomplishes this.

I hope that season 3 is shown at or around the time BBC airs it. I can't wait, I'm definately in "Merlin" withdrawal. Actually I think it's more "Bradley" withdrawal.
I really hope that they release the season 2 DVD soon, it is an awesome season.

citygirl462000

#15 psxdoc

psxdoc

Mansquito

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 08:25 PM

I was a fan of the show when it was on NBC and i was ticked off when they canceled it. So they gave it to SYFY and i was jumping for joy. But now it seems that SYFY is going to cancel it as well. I never had a reason to watch syfy before but if they cancel Merlin then I really don't have a reason to watch them at all!

#16 Mreen

Mreen

• PipPipPipPip
  • 18,026 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 11:00 PM

It hasn't been cancelled. It is produced in the UK, and in the UK 13 eps is the longest a season gets. The third season has been filmed (or mostly filmed, I think <g>) but hasn't aired in the UK yet. After the UK starts, SyFy will probably get a chance to buy the 3rd season (tho legally BBCAmerica gets first dibs on BBC shows, but they passed on it so far - but they did the same to Doctor Who and came to regret that, grabbing it back this year).

As NBC helped fund the first season, NBCU (parent network for SyFy) remembered it enough to pick it up to air the second year.

What you can do is send an email to feedback@syfy.com and tell them you hope they pick up season 3 of Merlin, so they know there is an audience looking for it.

Edited by Mreen, 16 July 2010 - 11:03 PM.

#17 MasterSidious

MasterSidious

Chosen One

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 59,106 posts

Posted 17 July 2010 - 09:39 PM

Frankly, I'm waiting for the DVDs to be released in the UK and snatch onto them.

I really hate commercials and appearantly, SyFy started cutting scenes in season 2 already in order to gain more commercial time I suppose. <_<

Posted Image

#18 Mreen

Mreen

• PipPipPipPip
  • 18,026 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 09:19 AM

BBC edits their shows for commercials and sells them that way, so you can't blame SyFy for any particular scene being cut. You can, tho email feedback@syfy.com and ask them to buy the longer version of the eps, if you like.

#19 MasterSidious

MasterSidious

Chosen One

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 59,106 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 03:11 PM

Everything is always SyFy's fault!! <_<
Posted Image

#20 cflat28

cflat28

Contactee

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 612 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 11:36 PM

It hasn't been cancelled. It is produced in the UK, and in the UK 13 eps is the longest a season gets. The third season has been filmed (or mostly filmed, I think <g>) but hasn't aired in the UK yet. After the UK starts, SyFy will probably get a chance to buy the 3rd season (tho legally BBCAmerica gets first dibs on BBC shows, but they passed on it so far - but they did the same to Doctor Who and came to regret that, grabbing it back this year).

Really? For every UK series the longest is 13 episodes? Huh. I noticed for Robin Hood that the seasons were 13 episodes but didn't really think much of it. Why is that I wonder?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users