Photo
* * * * - 1 votes

2012 The Fifth Age, End of Man or A New Beginning?

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

Poll: 2012 The Fifth Age, End of Man or A New Beginning? (3 member(s) have cast votes)

What do you think good idea or not?

1. Yes (2 votes [66.67%])

Percentage of vote: 66.67%

2. No (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

3. Maybe (1 votes [33.33%])

Percentage of vote: 33.33%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 jwmurphy

jwmurphy

Caprican

• Full Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 03 July 2010 - 08:31 PM

Here is My idea for a 2012 movie, sent a copy to Syfy. Please leave some suggestions or comments to let me know what you think and if it is even a good idea? Thanks!

"2012 The Fifth Age, End of Man or A New Beginning?"

The galactic alignment*(1) happens on 12/21/2012 and at 11:11am GMT our Sun's path crosses the Galactic Equator of the Milky Way. This action places our Sun closest to the galactic center and the Super massive black hole sitting there, causing a massive solar flare at the peak of our worst sun spot cycle ever*(2), which in turn is increased by the Sun's magnetic poles shifting*(3) in an unprecedented second time in the same cycle of the Sun's eleven year sun spot cycle. All of this causes a magnetic pole shift in the Earths poles*(4) but it is such a slow process that we can adapt in the centuries it will take to complete. All we have are some increases in volcanic activity but nothing serious, so we dodged the bullet, at least that is what we think. But, the Hun Uchben (6) (Ancient One) and it's spawn has been awakened from the 25,820 year slumber beneath the Yellowstone Super Volcano*(5) by the start of the pole shift and is waiting to be call forth by The Faithful. Just when it looks like mankind has some breathing room, the Gama rays from the solar flare strikes the Earth and knocks out most of the world's technologies leaving mankind virtually defenseless to fight this dark entity and our battle for survival.

The children of the Fifth Age, born in our time has now become of age and the hour of the Calling Forth has arrived for the Faithful. As they assemble together and begin the Calling Forth, the entire Yellowstone Super Volcano erupts as the Hun Uchben and it's spawn exits to reek havoc upon the Earth and bring about the End of Man.

While somewhere deep within the jungles of South America the signs have come, the time has arrived, and the start of the battle begins for the Hach Winik*(10) (True People). A people of olive skin and small of stature, but at the same time elven or fairy like in bone structure and appearance, have secretly traveled over the millenniums from the city of Ts'íibil Cháaltun*(7) on the Yucatan Peninsula in Central America from one temporary village to another to somewhere deep in the undiscovered jungles of central South America. Always avoiding any and all contact with mankind, never being found out, protecting the relic given to the first chosen one, a woman, The Sacred One, and passed down through the ages from mother to daughter, preventing contamination by man, until the time and signs are right for the awakening of the Ancient Ones. A young woman, waifish in comparison to the True People an odd trait also passed down from mother to daughter, guardian of the Thirteenth Crystal Skull*(8), armed with an ancient map and the knowledge to use the skulls when joined, leaves her hidden village for the return journey to the Mayan city of Ts'íibil Cháaltun, looking for the lost U'kux Xibalba*(9) to bring together the thirteen skulls in the secret Sacred Temple of the Lords of Xibalba. Thinking that she will find the thirteenth skull in the sacred temple, she gets a horrifying revelation, unbeknown to her, the relic passed down was not the map but the skull, the Sacred One is the Thirteenth Skull and is needed to unlock the hidden knowledge held within, but will she survive the melding to help mankind battle the Ancient Ones and bring about the Fifth Age and the enlightenment of mankind, A New Beginning.

And now begins, "2012 The Fifth Age, End of Man or A New Beginning?"

*** Some Main Character Ideas ***

The Ancient One = Something like H. P. Lovecraft's Cthulhu, a dimensional type being waiting (Sleeping) below the ocean. Another super volcano is located in the Pacific Ocean within the 145 million-year-old Shatsky Rise volcanic mountain chain. Located approximately 1500 kilometers (930 miles) east of Japan, Shatsky Rise measures roughly the size of California. This could also be a good place for the Ancient One to enter the world through.

The Faithful = Thirteen people six men and six women with the thirteenth being a Hermaphrodite or a true Asexual person (lacking any male or female sexual organs, no sexual organs whatsoever) (Androgyny?).

The Sacred One = Ix Chel or Ixchel "the Lady Rainbow, named after the Mayan Goddess who was an earth and moon goddess. The Knowledge of the twelve Crystal Skulls and the thirteenth one being the woman can be accessed when brought together through Hunab Ku The Galactic Butterfly Mayan Creator God, which is said to represent all of the consciousness that has ever existed in this galaxy.

*** Some References ***

*(1) Planets & Galactic Alignments - A galactic alignment occurs only four times in every 25,820 years, or once ever 6000-6500 years. 25,820 years is the length of one precessional cycle. The equator of the Milky Way galaxy (Galactic Equator) and the path of the Sun (the Ecliptic) will cross each other at exactly 11:11 am GMT on December 21, 2012. Astronomers are confident that our own Milky Way galaxy has a supermassive black hole at its center, in a region called Sagittarius A

*(2) Sun Spot Cycle, The last Sunspot cycle peaked in 2001, and The Next Sunspot peak will be in 2012. Over the last decades the Sun has had a markedly high average level of - Sunspot activity; it was last similarly active over 8,000 years ago.

*(3) Sun Magnetic Pole Shift - February 15, 2001 -- the Sun has just undergone a magnetic field flipd. The Sun has a polar field somewhat like the Earth's, but that it reverses its polarity during each 11-year cycle.

*(4) Earth Magnetic Pole Shift approx. 780,000 yrs ago - The earth's magnetic field has reversed approximately 170 times over the last 100 million years. It has become apparent that the rate at which reversals occur has varied considerably throughout the past. During some periods of geologic time (e.g. Cretaceous Long Normal), the Earth's magnetic field is observed to maintain a single orientation for tens of millions of years. Other events seem to have occurred very rapidly, with two reversals in a span of 50,000 years. It had generally been assumed that the frequency of geomagnetic reversals is random; in 2006, a team of physicists at the University of Calabria found that the reversals conform to a Lévy distribution, which describes stochastic processes with long-ranging correlations between events in time.

*(5) Yellowstone Super Volcano - Catastrophic eruptions occurred here about 2 million years ago, then 1.2 million years ago, and then 600,000 years a go. The latest eruption spewed out nearly 240 cubic miles of debris. What is now the park's central portion then collapsed, forming a 28- by 47- mile caldera (or basin). http://volcanoes.usg...ring/lvlmap.php Attachment #1

*(6) Mayan for Ancient One, Hun Uchben literally translated is one ancient ( see http://www.mostlymay...glishMayan.html ) Attachment #2

*(7) Dzibilchaltún (Yucatec: Ts'íibil Cháaltun) is in the Mexican state of Yucatan , approximately 10 miles north of state capital Merica. Also see http://en.wikipedia....i/Dzibilchaltun , http://www.reference...e/dzibilchaltun, http://www.tamug.edu...atanIntro.htmlS, http://www.tamug.edu...catanIntro.html . Attachment #3a, b,

*(8) 13 CRYSTAL SKULLS - http://www.crystalsk...tal-skulls.html , http://www.world-mys...com/sar_6_1.htm, http://www.pr.com/press-release/208314, http://www.ofspirita...com/skulls.html .

*(9) U'kux Xibalba or "door of the underworld", SACRED CENOTES AND CAVES - CENOTES 'dzonot' "ts'onot" - well , The Lords of Xibalba were in charge of these magical places. According to the Popol Vuh, the Maya sacred book, religious ceremonies were held in them, http://hubpages.com/...VES-AND-CENOTES , Attachment #4a,b

*(10) Hach Winik, True People – http://www.mpi.nl/DO...rs/Lacandon.pdf Attachmeent #5 http://www.criscenzo...n/popolvuh.html.

History of the Mayan and earlier peoples of the area. http://www.mythencyc...-Mythology.html,

All of the Attachments are in the attachments.zip file.

#2 steve2112

steve2112

Time Lord

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,930 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 12:03 PM

I like the title simply as "The 5th Age" End of Man or A New Beginning could be in the trailer perhaps.

It'd be nice to see a disaster movie that has a sliver of hope at the end, thus the new age of man. Remember that movie Deep Impact about the comet hitting the Earth? That had a message of hope at the end.

And whatever you do, keep politics out of it. In fact make sure all politicians die and have real people in charge of their own destiny for a change. Maybe use some of the one world government conspiracy theories as a sub-plot.
Posted Image

#3 jwmurphy

jwmurphy

Caprican

• Full Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 01:37 PM

The one world government conspiracy theories as a sub-plot. is a good idea, they could be the ones helping The Faithful bring it about. I really like the idea of no politicians surviving too, let's add lawyers to that also after all they usually become politicians. Thanks for the suggestions. <_<

#4 PissedofVulcan

PissedofVulcan

Screaming Brain

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7,884 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 04:33 PM

We are all turned to Vampires. Or the space aliens return to earth and only take those without sin.

104,000 Tons of Diplomacy

Posted Image

4.5 Acres of Sovereign American Territory any where in the world you want to put it.

#5 jwmurphy

jwmurphy

Caprican

• Full Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 12:34 AM

We are all turned to Vampires. Or the space aliens return to earth and only take those without sin.

Be a neat trick if they can find anyone without some sort of sin <_< , do like the idea of vampires though. Get to live forever

#6 DutyCalls

DutyCalls

Cyborg

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,362 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 06:33 AM

I read some of earth's poleshifts happened really quickly with massive upheaval around the globe - volcanoes, earthquakes etc - which changed the landscape of the earth, destroying most of the life on it at the same time (no life to fight the demons?) Then again, a slow poleshift would be pointless because it would be minutely slow - so maybe leave that out because you have so much other stuff happening?

- Why 2012? Is that based on the Mayan calander ending?
:) DC

"Let me assure this House that her Majesty's Government has never been approached by people from outer space..." ( - 1979 Government briefing for the House of Lords)

... are you out of your Vulcan mind ?

#7 jwmurphy

jwmurphy

Caprican

• Full Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 09:21 AM

I read some of earth's poleshifts happened really quickly with massive upheaval around the globe - volcanoes, earthquakes etc - which changed the landscape of the earth, destroying most of the life on it at the same time (no life to fight the demons?) Then again, a slow poleshift would be pointless because it would be minutely slow - so maybe leave that out because you have so much other stuff happening?

- Why 2012? Is that based on the Mayan calander ending?

Last first, yes it is based on the Mayan calendar and that was one of the three titles for the B Movie Mogul. Next, there are two schools of thought on the pole shifts, one that it is just magnetic with no or minor physical manifestations and two that is physical in nature with major upheavals but there again two thought schools again, one is fast an furious with total destruction happening all at once and two slow with massive physical changes happening but more gradually.

And yes, you are right, there is a lot of stuff happening and it could be left out with no loss the the movie. Thanks for the heads up

#8 DutyCalls

DutyCalls

Cyborg

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,362 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 03:39 PM

...And yes, you are right, there is a lot of stuff happening and it could be left out with no loss the the movie. Thanks for the heads up

You prob. need your poleshifts as they seem a big part of the story (but thanks for your comment ! <_< ! )
The Galactic alignment also sounds a lot like the Great Year in Astronomy / Astrology? - it takes approx 25,868 years for the Earth to pass through the influence of each of the twelve signs of the Zodiac in turn. Each of the signs has a 'Great Month' lasting around 2,000 years. (discovered by Hipparchus 190BC?). The Great Year is usually called the 'Procession of the Equinoxes' and Man's 'history' was supposed to have been 'born' or first recorded in Leo, and we are now changing from Pisces to the Age of Aquarius.

Apparently the Earth's 'wobble' is supposed to get stronger at the changeover of each Great Year, and they say (astromomers?) that from around 2000 to 200 years leading up to - and approximately 2000 years after the changeover of the Great Year, (last changeover was 2000 from Pisces to the Age of Aquarius), - that the earth's wobble gets so erratic that it affects terrestrial activity big time, like earthquakes, volcanoes etc; and time is supposed to speed up during that period - and we see more coments! Phew! (the comets thing could be interesting, considering the date of Christ's birth and the star of Bethlehem 2000 years ago?)

If you like bringing all sorts of ancient prophercy threads together in your story, theres a really good source book by John Hogue (Millennium Book of Prophercy, 777 visions) that does just that for you and brings together all the ancient and modern day stuff in all sorts of different scenarios including the Bible, Nostradamus etc). All really good stuff except it was written 10 years ago! There are loads of websites about him but heres just one -

http://www.hogueprop...mprophecies.htm

(sorry, - just love this stuff and didn't mean to go on!) :)
:) DC

"Let me assure this House that her Majesty's Government has never been approached by people from outer space..." ( - 1979 Government briefing for the House of Lords)

... are you out of your Vulcan mind ?

#9 jwmurphy

jwmurphy

Caprican

• Full Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 06:02 PM

http://www.hogueprop...mprophecies.htm

(sorry, - just love this stuff and didn't mean to go on!) :)

That's OK, I love researching this stuff too <_< Thanks for the link, will check it out.

#10 jwmurphy

jwmurphy

Caprican

• Full Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 11 July 2010 - 01:31 PM

I was really hopeful that I would get more responses than this. <_<

#11 steve2112

steve2112

Time Lord

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,930 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 11:17 AM

That's OK, I love researching this stuff too <_< Thanks for the link, will check it out.

I'm not too sure I'm into the whole aliens thing. I do like the tie in with the mayan calendar and I do like the idea of a earth-wide natural disaster with some government conspiracy and wrath of god type judgement thrown in. Maybe that makes it similar to the 2012 movie that was just out, but I get the feeling that movie was told from a more liberal point of view. What part of humanity will be our downfall? And what part of humanity could save us all?

I do like the idea of having a cult in the film, a group that knew this was coming. Maybe they're preparing their own Ark so to speak to ride out the disaster and survive, or they're nuts with a leader like David Koresh leading them.

I think the key is the fifth age, a new age of man. What we have now in this world has to end, and what grows out of it is something else. Some kind of out of the chaos, you get order and peace. Something with a positive message at the end.

I think you got a lot of stuff there. I don't think a feature film can do it, perhaps a mini series. I wonder if you could get published as a novel first, then use that to sell to networks. You got a lot of stuff going on here and you can pull from other works that have had similar ideas. Take the classic from H.G. Wells, the time machine for example.

Sorry if I didn't give you the feedback you're looking for, just thinking out loud mostly.
Posted Image

#12 jwmurphy

jwmurphy

Caprican

• Full Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 12:25 PM

steve2112

I was asking everyone in general that looked at this for feed back, but I thank you for following up on it.

I was thinking about the aliens only in the sense that the Mayan imply by their art work that we had been visited by aliens, the difference in my idea is that they left the ability to access a super computer (12 crystal skulls). A human female had been given a genetic addition that is passed down from mother to daughter. This gives the woman the ability to access the knowledge held within the 12 skulls when all are brought together with the woman. There would be no re-visiting by the aliens, that would be their total involvement with mankind. Many a millennium ago the Ancient One was placed within the earth as an imprisonment because of it's destructive manner. After revisiting the earth and seeing that mankind was evolving and knowing that the Ancient One could one day get out and harm us, the aliens gave us the ability (through the knowledge stored within the crystal skulls) to fight the Ancient one off and possibility re-imprison it when the time came, if the Mayans stay true to their charge of protecting the Sacred One till the day needed.

The possibility to survive is there, the tools to do it are there, but it is in our hands to do it, and for a change NO NUKES needed. <_<

I do agree that it would be more like a 2 or 4 part mini series, there is A LOT of stuff going on with a ton of back ground needed to set it up right.

Thanks, that was some good thinking out loud!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users