• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#1 peblairman

peblairman

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 10 July 2010 - 07:18 PM

I know, he "died" in the wedding episode. My question is if since he disinegrated dramatically saving time, if maybe he was just teleported into like 2011 or something so he can rejoin. I know that Ed Quinn quit the show, but I am saying if he wanted back. Specualtional purposes only.

#2 CoarseLimely

CoarseLimely

Returnee

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 848 posts

Posted 10 July 2010 - 07:30 PM

The comic book rule applies to most sci-fi: No body? Not dead.

I did not care for the character though, so I hope he stays...away.

#3 cflat28

cflat28

Contactee

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 612 posts

Posted 11 July 2010 - 11:27 AM

The comic book rule applies to most sci-fi: No body? Not dead.

I did not care for the character though, so I hope he stays...away.

I agree with that rule. Perhaps the writers will think of a way to bring him back for a one or two part episode.

Stark wasn't my favorite character. When he first appeared, I didn't like him. Throughout his time on the show, I'd gotten used to him, but still didn't really like him too much. His death was surprising and shook things up a little, which was a good thing in that respect. I have to say, though, I haven't really missed him since his death.

#4 ParisianNicole

ParisianNicole

Caprican

• Full Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 11 July 2010 - 07:56 PM

This is the town of Eureka and the way he died I think left it open to a possbility that's his atoms are floating around out there somewhere and someday can be 'reassembled'.

A part of me hopes he is dead and can ever come back, but that's the part of me who thought he was a pompus ***. Then there the other part of me that just thought, '**** that man is F-I-N-E and yummy' and I'd just put the TV on mute and watch him...MMMMM....MMMMM....MMMMM. That part wants him to come back.

But isn't the actor in a reoccuring role on 'True Blood'? I've never watched that show so I've never seen him on there, does anyone know if he's a vampire on it, that might make it worth watching for me.

#5 skinsey

skinsey

Mansquito

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 July 2010 - 09:49 PM

Hello I a forum newb, I have been watching Eurica sense the beginning. I found the corrector Stark to be a vital part of the show. Every good guy needs a billion. But in the case of this show, I found that his character was a foe to Carter in that they were both after Alison. They did work well together and even at the last seem to respect each other. Almost an atmosphere of trust. When Stark “died” if you want to call it that. Carter was genially sad and missed the controversy. And as you noticed his advancements toward Alison faded at that time well tell the latest episode. What a shock that was. I believe that Stark will be back and interrupt a relationship between Carter and Alison. We will be there to save the day again. IMO.

#6 TearsofPearls

TearsofPearls

Caprican

• Full Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 11 July 2010 - 10:07 PM

I didn't like Stark for a long while, but then he grew on me. I miss his character and his interactions with Carter. I hope he isn't dead <_<

#7 ppete83606

ppete83606

Sleestak

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 99 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 12:13 AM

Glad he is dead, don't miss him, hope he never comes back.

Paul

#8 jasonpwms129

jasonpwms129

Viper Pilot

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 178 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 03:17 AM

IMDB Ed Quinn

Actor:
In Production
2010s
2000s
Blood Out (2011) (post-production) .... Anthony
The Caller (2010) (post-production) .... Steven
Behemoth (2010) (post-production) .... Thomas Walsh
Audrey (2010) (post-production) .... Pete

No Eureka listed

The Rainbow Tribe (2010) .... Sunny

"True Blood" .... Stan (3 episodes, 2009)
- Timebomb (2009) TV episode .... Stan
- Release Me (2009) TV episode .... Stan
- Never Let Me Go (2009) TV episode .... Stan
"Eureka" .... Nathan Stark (29 episodes, 2006-2008)
... aka "A Town Called Eureka" - Ireland (English title), UK
- Show Me the Mummy (2008) TV episode .... Nathan Stark
- I Do Over (2008) TV episode .... Nathan Stark
- Best in Faux (2008) TV episode .... Nathan Stark
- What About Bob? (2008) TV episode .... Nathan Stark
- Bad to the Drone (2008) TV episode .... Nathan Stark
(24 more)

Jack Kevorkian for White House Physician
Just so everyone's clear, it was already on fire when I got there.
Happiness is a belt-fed weapon
It's never too late to be topless!

#9 Mreen

Mreen

• PipPipPipPip
  • 18,026 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 08:20 AM

He wasn't disintegrated, I don't think. I believe he was frozen in time, in that moment. So in theory, he could be released or snap forward for a while, or some such thing.

#10 Smarin

Smarin

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 10:51 AM

He wasn't disintegrated, I don't think. I believe he was frozen in time, in that moment. So in theory, he could be released or snap forward for a while, or some such thing.

Did not Colin Ferguson say that he was coming back for one episode this season? I read that online.

#11 Linus108

Linus108

Viper Pilot

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 105 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 10:54 AM

I would guess he's not dead. But honestly, I feel like this is one of those moments they need to just leave alone. Stark redeemed himself in the episode by sacrificing himself. Bringing him back will only serve as a wedge between Alison and Carter. And does anyone really want that again?

Posted Image

#12 ParisianNicole

ParisianNicole

Caprican

• Full Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 11:01 AM

I would guess he's not dead. But honestly, I feel like this is one of those moments they need to just leave alone. Stark redeemed himself in the episode by sacrificing himself. Bringing him back will only serve as a wedge between Alison and Carter. And does anyone really want that again?

Well said, and you're absolutely right about that.

#13 Smarin

Smarin

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 11:02 AM

I don't know. Carter seems to be with Tess. And Stark made me laugh all the time. Carter and Stark were so funny.

#14 Linus108

Linus108

Viper Pilot

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 105 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 11:15 AM

I don't know. Carter seems to be with Tess. And Stark made me laugh all the time. Carter and Stark were so funny.

Yes, but ultimately Stark really served as tension and a divide between Carter and Alison - competition. It was only at the point that Carter accepted they were getting married, that Stark went from being a romantic device to being a funny character (well depending on who you ask). At least that's how I view it. And while Carter is with Tess, I assume that kiss between him and Alison re-ignited their feelings.

So I think if they bring back Stark, it will just be TWO guys going after her, and Carter sitting off to the side having feelings. The 2nd guy being the new doctor.

Posted Image

#15 Smarin

Smarin

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 11:38 AM

Yes, but ultimately Stark really served as tension and a divide between Carter and Alison - competition. It was only at the point that Carter accepted they were getting married, that Stark went from being a romantic device to being a funny character (well depending on who you ask). At least that's how I view it. And while Carter is with Tess, I assume that kiss between him and Alison re-ignited their feelings.

So I think if they bring back Stark, it will just be TWO guys going after her, and Carter sitting off to the side having feelings. The 2nd guy being the new doctor.

I see your point. I guess my favorite Season was the First season when Carter and Stark fought over control of Eureka as well as Allison. In season two they fought over Allison and that got really boring. Maybe in this new timeline Stark is alive but does not remember Allison. Then it can just be Carter and Stark fighting over Eureka. Makes me smile just thinking about it. <_<

#16 CoarseLimely

CoarseLimely

Returnee

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 848 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 12:35 PM

Any wedge between Alison and Jack is fine by me. He deserves better than to be her second choice.

#17 Linus108

Linus108

Viper Pilot

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 105 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 12:40 PM

I see your point. I guess my favorite Season was the First season when Carter and Stark fought over control of Eureka as well as Allison. In season two they fought over Allison and that got really boring. Maybe in this new timeline Stark is alive but does not remember Allison. Then it can just be Carter and Stark fighting over Eureka. Makes me smile just thinking about it. <_<

I didn't really mind it either. I guess my only fear is that they over do the "triangle". I'm fine with relationships on shows having tension, but I just don't like when they go back to it over and over. If that makes any sense.

My fear is that if Stark comes back, they just re-do all that again.

Posted Image

#18 peblairman

peblairman

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 09:42 PM

Well I think that it would have been a good twist that in the new timeline he was still alive. The only reason I liked him was because of his massive ego and he seemed as the antagonist of the series.

#19 Wonderif

Wonderif

Foo Fighter

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,031 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 10:31 PM

His one liners with and reactions to Carter were great. Miss that chemistry.

Didn't he come back after he died as a hologram in the necklace he had made for Alison on their wedding day? They coudl something like that I suppose, but it wouldn't be the same.

#20 cflat28

cflat28

Contactee

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 612 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 11:08 PM

Hello I a forum newb, I have been watching Eurica sense the beginning. I found the corrector Stark to be a vital part of the show. Every good guy needs a billion. But in the case of this show, I found that his character was a foe to Carter in that they were both after Alison. They did work well together and even at the last seem to respect each other. Almost an atmosphere of trust. When Stark “died” if you want to call it that. Carter was genially sad and missed the controversy. And as you noticed his advancements toward Alison faded at that time well tell the latest episode. What a shock that was. I believe that Stark will be back and interrupt a relationship between Carter and Alison. We will be there to save the day again. IMO.

You know that you spelt Eureka wrong?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users