• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 LauraMerwin

LauraMerwin

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 14 July 2010 - 05:29 PM

I've been sifting through the evidence and I'm pretty sure that Ghost Hunters Academy is canceled -- check out my blog post and see if you agree or not ... really strong evidence that we won't be seeing any new cadets next season -- http://www.masslive....y_canceled.html

#2 Shiggs

Shiggs

Viper Pilot

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 106 posts

Posted 14 July 2010 - 11:46 PM

Well If so i'll be sad, one less show to look forward to ><

#3 Craeft

Craeft

Viper Pilot

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 106 posts

Posted 15 July 2010 - 09:25 AM

I've been sifting through the evidence and I'm pretty sure that Ghost Hunters Academy is canceled -- check out my blog post and see if you agree or not ... really strong evidence that we won't be seeing any new cadets next season -- http://www.masslive....y_canceled.html

God, I hope so.

#4 raypd69

raypd69

Minbari

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 299 posts

Posted 15 July 2010 - 09:34 AM

lets be honest, its no great loss.
neither format for either season worked, Steve & Tango aren't good at instructing at all and the skills the trainees were being taught were not only questionable they also made the regular crews of GH & GHI look like complete idiots for not being able to follow procedures that even the cadets were able to learn in 1 investigation.

all you have to do is look at the hotspot walkthru from this weeks Robin Hood GHI. NO-ONE took ANY kind of notes on the walkthru, no-one was even carrying a notepad.

#5 e92sam

e92sam

Caprican

• Full Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 15 July 2010 - 05:14 PM

RIP. My compliments to whomever pulled the plug.

#6 DJGurg

DJGurg

Caprican

• Full Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 17 July 2010 - 10:36 AM

The show has been getting a little old. I've been getting bored of it after the 1st episode of the 2nd season. I won't be happy to see it go, but I won't miss it either <_<

#7 milomilford

milomilford

Viper Pilot

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 153 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 03:48 PM

If true, it's sad it didn't work. I gave up on the show when I saw the hypocrasy and general tom foolery. I might make a bid on that RV though...

#8 JJB54

JJB54

Minbari

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 259 posts

Posted 26 July 2010 - 10:24 AM

I quit watching it after Ep-1.

I went I find it funny, in a sad sort of way, that Steve would have NEVER MADE IT, back in the beginning if this was the 'standard'! Think about it and go back to when GH first came 'on-line'.

Steve and Brian would have been DUMPED - ASAP - Both, not just Brian. Neither of them would have made it based on these 'standards'.

I'm sorry - but with all of Steve's insecurity issues ... he would NEVER make here in the PNW - ghost hunting. We have spiders every where! Plus if you have that many fears where you simply cannot do the job - Hights and such as well ... Sorry, dude it won't work. We need to know you are 'here' - not crying because of your fears.

Understand I appreciate 'fears' - I have a couple of them myself. But they do not control me ... at 55 I have learned you either 'grow a pair' - or gracefully step aside and go - I simply cannot give this my 'all'. I've done that too ... gracefully step aside. A team NEEDS TO KNOW YOU ARE THERE 100%!

#9 Dano33

Dano33

Minbari

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 380 posts

Posted 29 July 2010 - 05:02 AM

It should be canceled.. Even the people who won Karl & Susan don't want to be around the Ghost hunters....
Why have a contest where the prize is so bad no one wants it??? Doesn't make much sense. Not one winner, but TWO WINNERS said thanks but no thanks.. Not to mention the contestants who didnt win but were offered another chance at winning by being invited back choose not to come back..
Dano33

Posted Image

#10 LauraMerwin

LauraMerwin

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 29 July 2010 - 06:14 AM

It should be canceled.. Even the people who won Karl & Susan don't want to be around the Ghost hunters....
Why have a contest where the prize is so bad no one wants it??? Doesn't make much sense. Not one winner, but TWO WINNERS said thanks but no thanks.. Not to mention the contestants who didnt win but were offered another chance at winning by being invited back choose not to come back..

Actually, according to his Twitter feed, Karl is very disappointed that he wasn't asked back after his one show (the premiere of GHI). He referred to it as 'the best experience of my life.'

Susan Slaughter has now done 2 investigations with GHI although I've heard that she has also not been asked back for another.

I've not heard why Ben did not return this past season to GHA, his Twitter feed was so boring I couldn't take it and I stopped following him.

I've got quotes from Karl and more on my take on GHA over here: http://www.masslive....stories_du.html

I'll be doing the review of last nights GHI episode in a few hours, you'll be able to find it (and all my GHI content) here: http://bit.ly/GhostH...rsInternational

#11 Dano33

Dano33

Minbari

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 380 posts

Posted 29 July 2010 - 06:39 AM

Actually, according to his Twitter feed, Karl is very disappointed that he wasn't asked back after his one show (the premiere of GHI). He referred to it as 'the best experience of my life.'

Susan Slaughter has now done 2 investigations with GHI although I've heard that she has also not been asked back for another.

I've not heard why Ben did not return this past season to GHA, his Twitter feed was so boring I couldn't take it and I stopped following him.

I've got quotes from Karl and more on my take on GHA over here: http://www.masslive....stories_du.html

I'll be doing the review of last nights GHI episode in a few hours, you'll be able to find it (and all my GHI content) here: http://bit.ly/GhostH...rsInternational

Let me try and wrap my head around this. They hold a contest "GHA" , and then crown 2 winners and then hand them their prize and then they take the prize back? So, actually there weren't any winners just all losers?
Dano33

Posted Image

#12 kwmbakl

kwmbakl

Wacky Professor

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,559 posts

Posted 29 July 2010 - 10:05 AM

Let me try and wrap my head around this. They hold a contest "GHA" , and then crown 2 winners and then hand them their prize and then they take the prize back? So, actually there weren't any winners just all losers?

Hmmm, so anyone associated with the GH franchise is a ......?

#13 mal770

mal770

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 19 September 2010 - 01:48 AM

God, I hope so too! Steve Gonsalves is an *** and appears to have let his head swell. I like Dave Tango though. I hope he goes back to GH and Gonsalves guy goes back to law enforcement - he certainly has the personality for it.

#14 craykclan

craykclan

Minbari

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 256 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 08:32 AM

Yea, Karl got a t-shirt, not much of a prize. Susan is still on GHI and will be on this up coming season....Kris Williams is now a co lead investigator with Barry. Britt Griffith was on for half a season, but then was let go too....Robb is gone and he said it was NOT by his choice...it was due to rating...I am getting to really hate Pilgrim films.

#15 DaveFrancisIPR

DaveFrancisIPR

Mansquito

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 11:16 PM

It's called jumping the shark. And it will be great for all serious researchers out there once all these silly shows just go away.

#16 craykclan

craykclan

Minbari

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 256 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 10:39 AM

It's called jumping the shark. And it will be great for all serious researchers out there once all these silly shows just go away.

I really do enjoy watching Ghost Hunters but I never really did get into GHI. NOw it just seems to be like a soap opera!

#17 pagan

pagan

Returnee

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 990 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 07:56 PM

If it had only been true back in 2010, we'd not be dealing with them in 2012. Shame things don't get done like we wanted them to be done, ie; canceled, as in hind sight is always better than foresight. :P :P :P
Everybody lies.

If you talk to God you're religious. If God talks to you, you're psychotic.

The notion of picking 1 times of the year to be decent to others is obscene because it's actually validating the notion of being miserable SOB finaly.

Your biggest problem...hell I don't know what it is!!! Ask somebody else.

#18 MrMorg

MrMorg

Mansquito

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 07:35 PM

About time........ Uneven and ever change criteria just ****** me off. Stopped watching after the episoide where Jason nixed the black girl because he couldnt see the top and bottom of the door. If anyone was paying attention to the Stanley Hotel episoide where Jasons closet door opened, you cant see the top or bottom of the door either. Did Mr. Man BooBs throw himself.......no no no no cant give up the money can ya big boy. Manufacturing Evidence is what you do best!!!! Brian did it and bye bye Brian. Big Jason does it and it cool. Why do you think Grant is leaving cant live the lie anymore.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users