13 replies to this topic

#1 jstanfield

jstanfield

Minbari

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 378 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 10:20 AM

I just caught up on the first two episodes of season 2, and I love that Jaime Murray has joined the cast!

She' the "real" HG Wells? Neat concept. I hope she's around this season a lot more than McPherson was in the first. Don't get me wrong, I've liked Roger Rees since he played Robin Colcord in Cheers all those years ago (sideline: aside from the hair & costumes, that show really holds up!), but Jaime Murray ... what a knockout!

I've been enamoured of her for a few years now -- a great actress, and very easy on the eyes! If you haven't seen her work, check out the BBC series Hustle; same premise as Leverage but vastly superior in every way. She's brilliant and sexy in the 2nd season of Dexter, where she plays Lila, a free spirit with a dark side that becomes obsessed with the eponymous serial-killing protagonist.

Posted Image

As for the season of W13 so far, I'm loving it more than I did the first. All the actors seem more comfortable with their characters (esp. Joanne Kelly, who seemed a little distant last season), which should really make the chemistry something to behold. I really like the steampunk-y sets and gadgets, and the special effects are really good. Oh, and Simon & Kaylee together again? Running a pie shop in Detroit? Fantastic! I really like W13, and can't wait to see the rest of the season!

Just don't skimp on the Jaime Murray!
I need more coffee ...

#2 terse

terse

Peacekeeper

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 404 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 01:53 PM

I think the H.G. Wells arc will be doled out slowly this season, and come to fruition in the last few episodes.

Posted Image

#3 SunKrux

SunKrux

Cyborg

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,332 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 02:22 PM

There's a reason Myka was distant last season, she was grieving and feeling guilty for her former partner/ex lover's death on the job. Now that she's finally accepted that there was absolutely nothing she could have done and that she did nothing wrong to cause Sam's death, she's opening up more.

As for Joanne being distant...I don't think she's distant, just not a Hollywood actor. She (from interviews I've read recently - especially this one: Collider Exclusive interview w/ Eddie & Joanne prefers not to get caught up in the Hollywood lifestyle. That and I think being on a more popular hit show is all new to her. She's done a ton of other work but nothing that has been this popular, especially in the States and the world over. Most of what she's done has been her native country, Canada.

As for Jaime, I really enjoyed her performance as H.G. I look forward to more. <_< H.G. will be much like MacPherson was in appearing in the show, meaning in an ep here and an ep there through out the season. :) Should be a lot of fun.

Posted Image
Joanne Kelly Live Journal comm
Got Sarcasm?
Ship who you like, respect other ships, and play nice!
avatar & sig banner by me - no snurching w/out permission!

Disclaimer: My comments are my opinion it is neither right or wrong. Nor is it meant to insult anyone who doesn't agree with it. It's just how I see things. I won't tell you, you're wrong for not agreeing with me, if you don't tell me I'm wrong for not agreeing with you. Also, I am not attacking anyone when I express my opinion. If my opinion offends you, that's your problem. Talk to me rather than reporting me & getting posts deleted. Thank you.

#4 pscard

pscard

Chosen One

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,899 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 03:25 PM

Jaime Murray will be appearing in Syfy's new series: Defiance. Here's the link to the story in Blastr: http://blastr.com/20...-know-about.php

In a nutshell:

Murray plays Datak's cunning wife Stahma, a powerful Castithan before her home planet was destroyed.

Posted Image

"Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called sons of God." (Matthew 5:9)

Let's declare 2014 as the Year of Love.

#5 wsucougalum00

wsucougalum00

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 07:42 PM

Jaime Murray will be appearing in Syfy's new series: Defiance. Here's the link to the story in Blastr: http://blastr.com/20...-know-about.php

In a nutshell:

Posted Image

Well, that sort of confirms two things at once, doesn't it?

1)SyFy decided not to pursue a Warehouse 13 spinoff following the H.G. Wells character in her past life in Warehouse 12.

2)Murray won't be back in season 4, so any artifacty resolution of the season 3 cliffhanger won't involve her survival.

#6 MockingbirdGirl

MockingbirdGirl

• PipPipPipPip
  • 14,679 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 07:54 PM

Well, that sort of confirms two things at once, doesn't it?

2)Murray won't be back in season 4, so any artifacty resolution of the season 3 cliffhanger won't involve her survival.

It doesn't confirm that at all, since both series film in and around Toronto.

#7 Birddiemac

Birddiemac

Minbari

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 245 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 07:23 PM

Eddie has tweeted pics of Jamie on the set for the new season, shows are filmed way in advance and she's not the star of warehouse 13 so wont be on every episode and she prob is filming other things in between as most actors do she's only a guest star on warehouse unless she jump ship for her own show. Doesn't mean she wont be in season 4 tho, in fact SHE is in season 4. Just not in every episode.

#8 Birddiemac

Birddiemac

Minbari

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 245 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 07:29 PM

And I recently saw Genelle Williams, Leena in an episode of Lost Girls, doesn't mean she left Warehouse 13.

#9 ZombieBat

ZombieBat

Contactee

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 612 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 03:46 PM

And I recently saw Genelle Williams, Leena in an episode of Lost Girls, doesn't mean she left Warehouse 13.

The first season of Lost Girl that they are showing, and calling "Original Programing" is from a couple of years ago. I think that they are showing season 3 or 4 on Space up Canada way. I'm sure that Jaime will be back if W13 needs her for S3, since the people seem to be in multiple shows. But they are all filmed in or around Toronto, like you said before.
You must unlearn what you have learned.

I'm a fuel-injected suicide machine. I'm the rocker, the roller, the out-of-controller.

#10 MockingbirdGirl

MockingbirdGirl

• PipPipPipPip
  • 14,679 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 08:26 PM

The first season of Lost Girl that they are showing, and calling "Original Programing" is from a couple of years ago.

Syfy is now showing season 2 of Lost Girl, which only just finished airing in Canada a few weeks ago.

(In cable-speak, "original" means "first U.S. broadcast.")

#11 Birddiemac

Birddiemac

Minbari

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 245 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 12:14 AM

Yup it's season 2. I don't generally watch it. It just stunned me to see Genelle on it. They do the same thing with Merlin tho we get it a few years after it shows in UK or Canada or where ever it's filmed. And I kinda wondered about Lost Girls, didnt think it was an 'original' syfy.

And Im hoping Jamie will be in the spinoff as well. or at least guest star in it.

#12 Birddiemac

Birddiemac

Minbari

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 245 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 12:22 AM

Syfy brags about original programming, meaning, they thought it up but some of their shows are clearly not original. I dont think they are referring to first US broadcasting unless they changed their slogans about original programming over the years.

#13 Ingrid37

Ingrid37

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 03:28 AM

Posted ImageThanks for this!

#14 MockingbirdGirl

MockingbirdGirl

• PipPipPipPip
  • 14,679 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 11:38 AM

Syfy brags about original programming, meaning, they thought it up but some of their shows are clearly not original. I dont think they are referring to first US broadcasting unless they changed their slogans about original programming over the years.

Nope, original actually means 'first US broadcast.' It's why Lost Girl and Merlin are advertised as 'original,' even though Syfy press releases highlight the fact that they are produced in Canada and the UK, respectively.

If you'd like to see an example from another network, check out Encore's press release for the 'original' drama The Crimson Petal and the White, which aired on the BBC this time last year. As you'll notice, the usage is exactly the same.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users