29 replies to this topic

#1 RadicalSyFygeek

RadicalSyFygeek

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 05:32 PM

When is StarGate Universe coming back?
It was on Friday Nites along with Merlin, now both prgrams are gone.

#2 cflat28

cflat28

Contactee

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 612 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 07:56 PM

It's the summer. SGU will be back at the end of September (like most other shows on other channels). Though it's on a Tuesday this time, same time, though. I don't know when Merlin will be back; I'm fairly certain that they're filming season 3 now, but who knows when syfy will air it.

Oh, and it's night, not nite.

#3 EPG

EPG

Foo Fighter

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,165 posts

Posted 12 August 2010 - 02:02 AM

will SGU be able to return? after they play the shows they have in the can, what I am wondering is with all of the problems that MGM is having, will they be able to continue making the show, they have already stopped production on the next james bond movie, the largest money maker they have, and I wonder if they will be able to afford to continue production of new shows, from what i understand, the only income they have is licensing fees and dvd sales, i could be wrong though.
my favoraite play ground is waiting for me to come and play on her.

http://www.thegraphi...g/Ginormica.JPG

I LIKE CHEESE

#4 txlucky1

txlucky1

Slan

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 14,216 posts

Posted 12 August 2010 - 07:55 AM

will SGU be able to return? after they play the shows they have in the can, what I am wondering is with all of the problems that MGM is having, will they be able to continue making the show, they have already stopped production on the next james bond movie, the largest money maker they have, and I wonder if they will be able to afford to continue production of new shows, from what i understand, the only income they have is licensing fees and dvd sales, i could be wrong though.

I think everyone is waiting to see what happens with MGM.

Syfy member since April 1999

#5 cflat28

cflat28

Contactee

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 612 posts

Posted 12 August 2010 - 09:25 AM

Since they have renewed the series, one can assume that it will be returning. Besides, if it was in danger of being canceled, I think we would've heard by now whether it was going through or not.

#6 EPG

EPG

Foo Fighter

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,165 posts

Posted 13 August 2010 - 12:18 AM

Since they have renewed the series, one can assume that it will be returning. Besides, if it was in danger of being canceled, I think we would've heard by now whether it was going through or not.

maybe, but remember it wasn't till the last few episodes of Stargate SG-1 that there was any sign of any cancelation.

I LIKE CHEESE

#7 coolioni

coolioni

Minbari

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 234 posts

Posted 13 August 2010 - 07:06 AM

Season 2 has already been filmed (at least most of the episodes) . I think they have made up to episode 15 so far from what I have read.
So that would make only 5 more shows to film. Of course they will still have editing to get the show ready to be aired.
The show was greenlighted for season 2 midway through season 1. As far as a third season, we probally will not know until the mid season break of season 2.
If the show perfroms better than season 1, then it should be back for another season. I have a pretty good feeling it will better in season 2 personally.
I think it needs to get off to a good start , so hopefully they will do alot of advertising on syfy plus other networks until it beings at the end of September.
Hopefully they get close to the 2 million viewers that season started out at.
If the show does poor like at 1.25 milllion viewers or less for most of the season it will most likely get cancelled.
The show costs alot more money to produce from what I have heard compared to SG-1 and Atlantis, and those shows had alot better numbers than SGU has had.
From watching the preview for season 2 it looks like the show is going to be a lot more action packed and less drama (soap opera in space).

I like watching the show, but if it was a perfect world I would have them find a way to get the ship or at least the passengers back to Earth, an then either take the show in a totally new direction , or start up another Stargate show more like SG-1 !
That show was the most successful and ran for 10 years plus had 2 DVD movies made with a 3rd that has been planned but has been put on hold.

#8 Martok

Martok

Superhero

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,851 posts

Posted 13 August 2010 - 07:43 PM

If Leo the Lion turns toothless or gets a thorn in his paw, then it will depend on who buys the Stargate rights and whether they think it is financially viable.
I've finally done something no one has ever done. I found the lost kitty of Atlantis.

#9 EPG

EPG

Foo Fighter

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,165 posts

Posted 15 August 2010 - 04:11 AM

Season 2 has already been filmed (at least most of the episodes) . I think they have made up to episode 15 so far from what I have read.
So that would make only 5 more shows to film. Of course they will still have editing to get the show ready to be aired.
The show was greenlighted for season 2 midway through season 1. As far as a third season, we probally will not know until the mid season break of season 2.
If the show perfroms better than season 1, then it should be back for another season. I have a pretty good feeling it will better in season 2 personally.
I think it needs to get off to a good start , so hopefully they will do alot of advertising on syfy plus other networks until it beings at the end of September.
If the show does poor like at 1.25 milllion viewers or less for most of the season it will most likely get cancelled.
The show costs alot more money to produce from what I have heard compared to SG-1 and Atlantis, and those shows had alot better numbers than SGU has had.
From watching the preview for season 2 it looks like the show is going to be a lot more action packed and less drama (soap opera in space).

I like watching the show, but if it was a perfect world I would have them find a way to get the ship or at least the passengers back to Earth, an then either take the show in a totally new direction , or start up another Stargate show more like SG-1 !
That show was the most successful and ran for 10 years plus had 2 DVD movies made with a 3rd that has been planned but has been put on hold.

i have both movies, i didn't know there had ben a third movie planned.

i'm not a fan of this show, i lost intrest some time ago, i even gave the second season a chance, but i found it just as unenjoyable as the first, the action seemed to be forced and uninspiring, nothing to get excited about, all in all, it just didn't do it for me.

I LIKE CHEESE

#10 PissedofVulcan

PissedofVulcan

Screaming Brain

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7,884 posts

Posted 15 August 2010 - 06:44 AM

This is truly one series if canceled would not bother me in the least not like Earth 2, SAAB, or Firefly canceling those just infuriated me.

104,000 Tons of Diplomacy

Posted Image

4.5 Acres of Sovereign American Territory any where in the world you want to put it.

#11 edithwild1

edithwild1

Contactee

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 770 posts

Posted 15 August 2010 - 07:14 AM

This is truly one series if canceled would not bother me in the least not like Earth 2, SAAB, or Firefly canceling those just infuriated me.

Earth II was frustrating to me because of the sterotyping of the female characters, the children "too smart and too stoopid" (did not listen to adults) and the cliched presumption about the fate of the Earth and all the Byzantine policies by the "gov" for what? I loved Firefly, I saw it as a morality story - completely different (I am especially fond of the film noir from it, 'Serenity' - darkly delicious).

#12 cflat28

cflat28

Contactee

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 612 posts

Posted 15 August 2010 - 09:34 AM

i have both movies, i didn't know there had ben a third movie planned.

i'm not a fan of this show, i lost intrest some time ago, i even gave the second season a chance, but i found it just as unenjoyable as the first, the action seemed to be forced and uninspiring, nothing to get excited about, all in all, it just didn't do it for me.

The 2nd season has yet to air. You watched 1.5. I actually liked the 2nd half of the 1st season better than the 1st part.

#13 salukifan

salukifan

Contactee

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 768 posts

Posted 15 August 2010 - 09:48 AM

If the episodes are made, then at the very least they'll go into syndication.

#14 PissedofVulcan

PissedofVulcan

Screaming Brain

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7,884 posts

Posted 15 August 2010 - 10:11 AM

Earth II was frustrating to me because of the sterotyping of the female characters, the children "too smart and too stoopid" (did not listen to adults) and the cliched presumption about the fate of the Earth and all the Byzantine policies by the "gov" for what? I loved Firefly, I saw it as a morality story - completely different (I am especially fond of the film noir from it, 'Serenity' - darkly delicious).

The only thing that frustrated me about Earth 2 was they didn't air the episodes in order.

104,000 Tons of Diplomacy

Posted Image

4.5 Acres of Sovereign American Territory any where in the world you want to put it.

#15 spacepunk

spacepunk

Sleestak

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 52 posts

Posted 15 August 2010 - 06:02 PM

SGU will just languish until they manage to find another Icarus planet, and transport wrestlers onto the ship. Only then can the series be saved, and it's future be assured.

#16 C2DMAx

C2DMAx

Contactee

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 774 posts

Posted 15 August 2010 - 06:06 PM

SGU will just languish until they manage to find another Icarus planet, and transport wrestlers onto the ship. Only then can the series be saved, and it's future be assured.

<_< :) :)

WE WON'T BE INTIMIDATED BY CRIMINAL THREATS.

#17 dfitz

dfitz

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 15 August 2010 - 07:26 PM

Clairvoyant ghost hunting wrestlers.

#18 div4gravity

div4gravity

Caprican

• Full Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 21 August 2010 - 12:43 AM

test

#19 battlestartrekker12345

battlestartrekker12345

Minbari

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 393 posts

Posted 22 August 2010 - 10:37 PM

The 2nd season has yet to air. You watched 1.5. I actually liked the 2nd half of the 1st season better than the 1st part.

What exactly does Season 1.5 mean? Is it meant to refer to the 2nd half of Season 1?

#20 CenturionTerminator

CenturionTerminator

Cyborg

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,250 posts

Posted 22 August 2010 - 10:48 PM

What exactly does Season 1.5 mean? Is it meant to refer to the 2nd half of Season 1?

That's right, my buddy BST.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users