• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 lateArrival

lateArrival

Caprican

• Full Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 09:23 PM

Warehouse 12, somewhere in England 1820 - 1938. The sun never sets on the warehouse until the onset of world war II.

Warehouse 11, St Petersburg, Russia 1797 - 1819. Revolution in western Europe. Safe place to hide until things settle down.

Warehouse 10, France from Cardinal Richelieu to Louis XVIII. Spain exhausts itself, time to move to the next power.

Warehouse 9 , Spain 1492 to the end of the Thirty Years War. Columbus finds artifacts in the new world.

Warehouse 8, Vienna. A short stay after between the height of the Renaissance and the discovery of the new world

Warehouse 7, Florence. Marco Polo brought more back than we knew.

Warehouse 6, somewhere on the Silk Road. After the Mongols got control of warehouse 2 and warehouse 5.

Warehouse 5, Damascus. Not sure about this one but the Muslim world was the intellectual leader until the Mongols came.

Warehouse 4, Constantinople. Until it fell to the Turks.

Warehouse 3, Rome. The loved to collect but when things became unstable Constantine builds a capital way out east all of a sudden.

Warehouse 2, China. The treasure fleet demanded tribute from half the world. good cover. This warehouse coexisted with 3 - 5 until the Mongols came.

Warehouse 1, Alexandria. The Great Library burned 6 times, wonder if they didn't have purple goo back then.

I'm doing this from memory so my timeline probably isn't correct but what the hell, maybe others have better candidates. This timeline also leaves open the idea of when the regents know to move the warehouse. If they do have a working crystal ball keep an eye on South Dakota.

#2 SunKrux

SunKrux

Cyborg

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,332 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 09:32 PM

Or you could just go off this time line: WH13 - History of the previous 12 Warehouses that the show PTB created. <_<

Posted Image
Joanne Kelly Live Journal comm
Got Sarcasm?
Ship who you like, respect other ships, and play nice!
avatar & sig banner by me - no snurching w/out permission!

Disclaimer: My comments are my opinion it is neither right or wrong. Nor is it meant to insult anyone who doesn't agree with it. It's just how I see things. I won't tell you, you're wrong for not agreeing with me, if you don't tell me I'm wrong for not agreeing with you. Also, I am not attacking anyone when I express my opinion. If my opinion offends you, that's your problem. Talk to me rather than reporting me & getting posts deleted. Thank you.

#3 GWHH1

GWHH1

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 10:08 PM

cool

#4 LadyNRA1

LadyNRA1

Wacky Professor

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,616 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 11:19 AM

In an article by Jack Kenny, he mentioned that when the time comes to end the series, he might end it with another move of the Warehouse and says where he thinks it would go next. Makes me very very sad to think of that kind of ending and I wondered if Artie/Pete/Mya/Claudia would go with it or let the new nation staff it (Im assuming there'd be a training period where everyone wold go there to teach new recruits for a set time period...)
Claudia: Would it have killed you to put a warning label on this thing?
Artie: Saying what? Only put on in case of stupid?

#5 cflat28

cflat28

Contactee

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 612 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 01:17 PM

In an article by Jack Kenny, he mentioned that when the time comes to end the series, he might end it with another move of the Warehouse and says where he thinks it would go next. Makes me very very sad to think of that kind of ending and I wondered if Artie/Pete/Mya/Claudia would go with it or let the new nation staff it (Im assuming there'd be a training period where everyone wold go there to teach new recruits for a set time period...)

I wonder how long it would take them to get every single artifact out. It would be interesting to see how they would go about getting those fallen agents rooms out of the Warehouse and into the next.

#6 Dennisw82

Dennisw82

Sleestak

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 66 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 07:43 AM

I wonder how long it would take them to get every single artifact out. It would be interesting to see how they would go about getting those fallen agents rooms out of the Warehouse and into the next.

do you know where we could find this article

#7 cflat28

cflat28

Contactee

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 612 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 12:46 PM

do you know where we could find this article

I don't, ask the person who mentioned that article.

#8 DutyCalls

DutyCalls

Cyborg

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,362 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 07:55 PM

Great stuff -

But in Season One, in one of the first couple of eps - I am sure I heard ' Mrs Frederic' kind of telling the newbs off basically, (while telling them to be careful) and saying that she either 'lost' all the other Waredhouses or that they burnt down? ...

(I assumed she meant just the Warehouses and not the contents?)
:) DC

"Let me assure this House that her Majesty's Government has never been approached by people from outer space..." ( - 1979 Government briefing for the House of Lords)

... are you out of your Vulcan mind ?

#9 SunKrux

SunKrux

Cyborg

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,332 posts

Posted 05 August 2010 - 08:24 PM

Mrs. F was telling Artie off and she said that the other 12 had burned down. Something about "I swear on the ashes of the other 12 warehouses I will take your assets (meaning Pete & Myka) away." or words to that effect.

Posted Image
Joanne Kelly Live Journal comm
Got Sarcasm?
Ship who you like, respect other ships, and play nice!
avatar & sig banner by me - no snurching w/out permission!

Disclaimer: My comments are my opinion it is neither right or wrong. Nor is it meant to insult anyone who doesn't agree with it. It's just how I see things. I won't tell you, you're wrong for not agreeing with me, if you don't tell me I'm wrong for not agreeing with you. Also, I am not attacking anyone when I express my opinion. If my opinion offends you, that's your problem. Talk to me rather than reporting me & getting posts deleted. Thank you.

#10 NYCSciFiFan

NYCSciFiFan

Contactee

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 647 posts

Posted 06 August 2010 - 09:29 AM

I think this is the Eclipse Magazine interview article about the Warehouses that is being cited:
http://eclipsemagazi...levision/17462/

Is there a bleed over of artifacts from one warehouse to the next? Does the inventory move with the warehouse or does…

Kenny: Yes.

…each warehouse accumulates new stuff?

Kenny: Oh, no absolutely. The inventory continues to move and build and grow. That's why there are artifacts – we were very fortunate to have (key frame), our special effect (unintelligible), redo a lot of our transitions and open up the inside of the warehouse. And in the distance now you can see small pyramids, you can see structures, windmills, and you know, things that have been brought into the warehouse over the centuries and moved from place to place.

So, the inventory builds and continues to grow and change as it moves from empire to empire.

Will you ever address how those artifacts are moved from one location to another.
Kenny: Yeah, we probably will when the warehouse moves to what will probably be China at the end of the series. That would be my guess.

- NYC

#11 twunk

twunk

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 26 August 2010 - 02:56 AM

i don't think that the warehouse should move to china just because it is kind of dicey over in Asia and where would they put it in the mountains maybe they should put it in Scandinavia because there aren't that many wars uprisings or recessions because of cheap health care and the independent money from the euro
serendipity is my stripper name

#12 Nimbus74

Nimbus74

Viper Pilot

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 177 posts

Posted 26 August 2010 - 11:40 PM

Nah, send it to Canada. They'll take good care of it. Just don't let Red Green and his buddies drop by to "fix" things. :D

#13 Nimbus74

Nimbus74

Viper Pilot

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 177 posts

Posted 26 August 2010 - 11:44 PM

Maybe by then they'll have gotten their hands on an artifact that looks like a blue phone booth with a light on top? I'm sure Claudia would (mostly) figure out how to make it work (after a few... exciting false starts) :D

#14 xoques

xoques

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 27 August 2010 - 02:59 AM

interesting......hmmm. i like the idea of the team becoming, (or is already) part of some secret society of nomadic technocrats much like the Masons. they can travel from warehouse to warehouse. i am sick of time travel tho. it seems like when writers run out of ideas their brains default to time travel and shape shifting.....easy writing.

#15 Nimbus74

Nimbus74

Viper Pilot

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 177 posts

Posted 27 August 2010 - 03:18 PM

interesting......hmmm. i like the idea of the team becoming, (or is already) part of some secret society of nomadic technocrats much like the Masons. they can travel from warehouse to warehouse. i am sick of time travel tho. it seems like when writers run out of ideas their brains default to time travel and shape shifting.....easy writing.

I don't know that I would call the use of time travel "easy writing", given the number of times it has been used in the past that didn't really work out well. I do agree, though, that it is a default setting in a writer's mind that, unless it's a show designed around time travel (such as the one who owns the aforementioned blue box with the light), should be changed.

To be more clear about my joke with the box, btw, I was not referring to the time travel element but the "bigger on the inside" element and the spaceship element (no time travel, just a hop to a new location). I was thinking the box would just swallow the warehouse whole, hop to the new spot, burp it out, and be on its merry way. :lol:

The idea of seeing how the moves between warehouse versions is a fascinating one, too, I agree. I would like to see/find out how past moves took place (maybe a flashback episode somewhere in there, maybe involving H. G. Wells?). I can only imagine it must have been quite the undertaking, and probably with artifacts involved somehow. :D

#16 DutyCalls

DutyCalls

Cyborg

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,362 posts

Posted 29 August 2010 - 12:06 PM

......The idea of seeing how the moves between warehouse versions is a fascinating one, too, I agree. I would like to see/find out how past moves took place (maybe a flashback episode somewhere in there, maybe involving H. G. Wells?). I can only imagine it must have been quite the undertaking, and probably with artifacts involved somehow. :D

- That got me thinking about the old Disney cartoon - 'The Sword and the Stone' - where Merlin decides to move house and minituarizes the contents of his Tower into a bag, then shrinks the bag and stuffs it into his pocket etc? Would be real interesting to know how they do it.... unless they have some kind of Trekkie type Transporter ?

Saying that though, I somehow got the idea (- not sure where from and maybe totally wrong?) - that each Warehouse was destroyed in a fire etc, etc? before they built the next one - So they never actually had to move anything as the contents were destroyed as well ?
:) DC

"Let me assure this House that her Majesty's Government has never been approached by people from outer space..." ( - 1979 Government briefing for the House of Lords)

... are you out of your Vulcan mind ?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users