2 replies to this topic

#1 LarryUnderwood

LarryUnderwood

Sleestak

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 69 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 09:22 PM

Something was gnawing at me since this series began 7 weeks ago so I looked it up and discovered the quote below from some guy who noticed the same thing I did...but I never said anything about it until now...

During the shows opening for each episode...One of the documents that passes by mentions a "Revered Flagg" and something about witch hunting. I gotta think that's an intentional reference to King's classic villain Randall Flagg.

I gotta believe at this point that this right here is the what could end up being the SAVING GRACE for this show.

Bring in this character and you INSTANTLY win points with every viewer of ther show, but they gotta do this fast cause I am hearing references tonight to "Witches", let it go and they completely lose a massive opportunity to hit a BULLSEYE.

I am just now meeting the new French lady character from Quebec. I live there...in Montreal, am here right now...in Montreal... and can attest to the fact that her accent is dead bang on the money, that's Quebec French alright, but to tell you the truth, underneath it I hear some British...LMAO.
Posted Image

#2 LeGila

LeGila

Peacekeeper

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 441 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 10:39 PM

Un gnie! Je suis sr que personne ne remarque que.... Et il vous a pris seulement sept semaines! <_<

Flagg travaillera-t-il avec Ron Howard sur "The Dark Tower ?

#3 LarryUnderwood

LarryUnderwood

Sleestak

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 69 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 10:51 PM

Un gnie! Je suis sr que personne ne remarque que.... Et il vous a pris seulement sept semaines! <_<

Flagg travaillera-t-il avec Ron Howard sur "The Dark Tower ?

LMFAO
FANTASTIC POST
BLEW MY MIND ACTUALY

I am also now CONVINCED, that the Colorado Kid it will turn out, dies at the Hands of Randall Flagg or as a result of his bidding

yup..it only took me 7 weeks...lmfao....

LIKE I SAID I SAW THE REFERENCE IN WEEK 1 & MADE NOTE OF IT IN MY BRAIN, FILED IT AWAY, AND DECIDED TO LET IT UNFOLD BY ITSELF, actualy my brain did that by itself...just call me

..."BONEHEAD"...
LOL.

...but after seeing 7 now epsiodes which have had exactly the same story line and plot I am looking for things to redeem this series in my eyes.

with regard to "Howard and Them 7 Crooked Books"...I ARGUED WITH SOMEONE RECENTLY HERE THAT - YES, IT IS BEING DONE. the same person was also trying to tell me how bad the Novel is, funny how that goes, i spent 28 years finshing it, King took 25 to write it, and that guy I argued with said it was No Good and that King Himself says it's no good.

{in actuality what he did was knock himself for being self-indulgent and putting himself in it-which if you read the books, works amazingly and was not even close to being like that - the man is extremely humble and modest}

BUT IF THEY END UP DITCHING IT, WHICH I DOUBT THEY WILL, I WOULD NOT BE SURPRISED.

MR. KING FROM WHAT I HAVE READ IS EXTREMELY PARTICULAR ABOUT DOING JUSTICE TO HIS OWN STORIES WHEN ANOTHER MEDIUM IS INVOLVED..

I MEAN - COME ON - CATHY BATES WON OSCAR GOLD FOR "MISERY"

JUST IMAGINE WHAT RON HOWARD COULD DO WITH "THE DARK TOWER".

MY UNDERSTANDING IS HE IS DIRECTING AND HELPING STEPHEN KING WITH THE SCREENPLAY.

I ALSO UNDERSTAND THEY ARE GOING FOR 3 FULL LENGTH FILMS ALL POTENTIALY IN 3D.

and after seeing how this HAVEN THING is going it is no wonder King faught with Howard along side him to wrestle it away from the producers of "LOST" at the first opportunity he got.

i am not shouting by the way - I just forgot to turn off my caps lock key which has a mind of it's own.

TO ME the possibility of a dark tower film coming out next year gives me goosbumps.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users