• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 TruWitch

TruWitch

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 09:52 AM

Okay, so this week we have Joe Chin back and Brandy and Ashley missing. I read the forums and find information stating that Robb, Ashley and Brandy will be leaving the show. So now I guess they will have gotten rid of Brian, Andy, Donna, Robb, Ashley, Brandy, Dustin, and sometimes Joe Chin. Now we'll have Barry, Scott the hefty Brit and Thusan. Wonder who they'll try to bring in this time? All of a sudden Karl is missing but Thusan is still there. I guess they think she's better to look at than Ashley or Brandy. I don't know what the thinking is, but to totally break up a group that has been working together for a couple of years in favor of adding new people is absolutely ridiculous. Well, they can keep GHI, and Thusan, I'm finished watching it.

#2 raypd69

raypd69

Minbari

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 299 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 10:57 AM

Karl isn't really "suddenly" missing, he only did the 1st investigation. Joe is back as he'd finished his stint as a replacement for Steve & Tango on the main Ghost Hunters show and Dustin was with him there too.
Scott has missed a few shows but no-one seems to know why, I assume they filmed them in a weird order & certain team members weren't available for certain locations

#3 PISCAONLINEfan

PISCAONLINEfan

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 12:05 AM

Britt Griffith is coming from GH. He is taking Robb's place. Pilgrim films are holding casting calls for GHI! I been trying to get Jay from PISCA to try out for it. He would own that show.
Tina <3

Favorite Paranormal Sites

PISCA
www.piscaonline.com

TAPS
www.the-atlantic-paranormal-society.com

#4 iaboy

iaboy

Caprican

• Full Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 08:12 AM

Britt Griffith is coming from GH. He is taking Robb's place. Pilgrim films are holding casting calls for GHI! I been trying to get Jay from PISCA to try out for it. He would own that show.

Why is Robb leaving... Is he going back to being a beach bum selling trinkets to tourist's on the Jersey Board Walk???? And who in the world is Jay from acsip. (intentionally turned around)

#5 gingerkaye48

gingerkaye48

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 25 August 2010 - 04:23 PM

I have already quit watching GH because of the lack of exciting investigations. They hardly ever investigate homes of real people with real paranormal activity. They are going to popular locations, not residences. They have too many cast changes too and that's why I quit watching. I thought GHI was a great show. I like the entire group until they started the Ghost Hunters Academy BS. I thought the crew was fine without the newbies. I also don't like the idea of Ghost Hunters Academy pitting one person against another. Lots of negativity and back stabbing there. Another boring reality show!!! I don't watch those and I don't consider the GH or GHI a reality show like the BS Reality entertainment shows out there. i.e. Housewifes of New Jersey, Survivor, and Interventions. I loved the locations where GHI investigated and miss all the shows where everyone seemed to get along just fine. I am not interested in "eye candy" like Susan or any other bimbo's they want to put on there. I am not watching for hunks and pretty girls. The paranormal field really interests me but I am growing really tired of too many changes constantly on both shows. Destination Truth is much better and I think that's going to be the only show I watch besides Fact or Faked on SyFy. At least they are serious about an interesting investigation. No special guest stars either.

#6 Aprily

Aprily

Sleestak

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 57 posts

Posted 26 August 2010 - 08:45 AM

I agree. I'm not interested in this anymore either because they don't go to people's homes
and the constant cast changes.

I liked all of the origioanl people. Dustin, Donna, Steve, Tango, etc ...

And I really DO NOT LIKE OR CARE about places that are not people's homes. I read on other
forums people saying the same thing. Go to people's homes! I don't understand why they
aren't doing that. That is what the majority of poeple want. I've never heard one person say
otherwise.

And I agree I don't care at all about pretty girls, I want to see ghosts. IT's not the pretty
girls in the dark show .. it's a ghost show. I could care less if there were no girls at all.
Just go to pepole's homes and find ghosts and stop changing the cast all the time. That's all I want.

#7 Cathy105

Cathy105

Minbari

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 204 posts

Posted 26 August 2010 - 09:22 PM

Why are they getting rid of Robb, I miss Ashley,Brandy and Tango, etc. Who's making the
decisions to get rid of these people.

Cathy

#8 BMoreRavens

BMoreRavens

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 27 August 2010 - 04:26 PM

IMO, they do need to stop the cast changes. Robb, Barry, Dustin, Brandy and Joe(even Brian, Donna and Andy were good) were the meat and patatos of the show.

Sucks to hear Brandy and Robb leaving

#9 tonebone5150

tonebone5150

Caprican

• Full Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 05 September 2010 - 11:17 PM

Bandy just said on her facebook everyone will be new next season including the producers.

#10 capemay1

capemay1

Mansquito

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 10:00 PM

:( They can" t let Robb leave the show he is my favorite Lead investigator they have to bring him back:(
Everybody else are good but Robb is my favorite the will not be the same with out him

#11 Elzbet

Elzbet

Mansquito

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 06:55 PM

Not that Robb was my favorite person on the show but they should have gotten rid of Barry first.
His style of investigating is more like mass hysteria than approaching it as a skeptic!
Between barometric changes, "it was getting ready to attack"; let me run up these steps and make Jason and Grant scratch their heads wondering what kind of a idiot I am, to trying to scare anyone investigating with him. Barry needs to go. He is directly in conflict with the basic ideas of the show.
Prove to me ghosts exist!
For Barry it is, let me try to convince you that they exist and then we can all scream like teenage girls and run.
Pick a group, give them jobs and then let them do their job! Enough of the scariest places on earth *****!
Give me a small home with things flying around and kids scared to sleep in their beds. Save the big stuff for fillers and not the main course!

#12 Jerdayne

Jerdayne

Mansquito

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 December 2010 - 11:36 AM

:( They can" t let Robb leave the show he is my favorite Lead investigator they have to bring him back:(
Everybody else are good but Robb is my favorite the will not be the same with out him

I agree. I will still watch, but it just won't be the same. Posted Image

#13 Paddyl1

Paddyl1

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 22 December 2010 - 12:21 PM

Can anyone tell me why they let Robb, Brandy, and Ashley go? I wont watch this season because of this. I havent seen anywhere a reason why. Personally I cant stand thusan. hahaha. I like your name adjustment. She is not interested in ghost hunting. Only in the "Look at me" syndrome.

#14 azurerose

azurerose

Mansquito

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 December 2010 - 05:21 PM

PLEASE STOP THE MADNESS!!! The high cast turnover rate is not helping the show. I equated Rob and Brandy with integrity, leadership, strength, and perseverance (how else could they have survived the serial firings?) Barry seems like a nice, earnest and gullible guy, he's a great team player but is he a true leader? I understand Kris Williams is joining the show as lead investigator but is she a team leader? The manner in which her clips have been recently edited has turned her into a silly, easily startled " piece of eye candy in a tank top" who can swear like a sailor (totally unprofessional by the way), the editing has made her caricature a of the quiet strength she displayed in earlier episodes of Ghost Hunters. Britt fired before the new season even airs--enough written.
Haven't any of the execs learned from the Jeff Zucker School of Management? A successful reality show needs a someone who will be a rock that grounds it to "reality" and lends it a certain amount of integrity in a field of ingeniousness. Both Rob and Brandy filled those needs. I hope this season works.
Good luck in all your future endeavors Rob, Brandy and Ashley :)

#15 DJGurg

DJGurg

Caprican

• Full Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 12:16 AM

I cant see why they got rid of robb. He has been there since day 1 of ghi, and pretty much the face of the show. I dont think things will be the same without him. I will still watch the show, tho. I like the changing cast. I thought brandy was okay, but it stinks to see susan take her place.

#16 Oddtym

Oddtym

Viper Pilot

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 130 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 12:28 AM

Copmplain about something that's important...Like what is Sy Fy thinking putting video ads inside a thread!? On the main menu I can see it. But inside a thread its ridiculous.
Talk about begging...

#17 daisygirrl

daisygirrl

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 12:31 AM

The constant cast changes are ridiculous. Why do they keep getting rid of good investigators and bringing in mediocre ones. Robb, Brandy, Ashley, and Dustin have disappeared and now we have Susan who doesn't seem to have an original thought in her head. Everything she said in this episode was repeating facts or someone else's statements. I finally muted it during her comments. I am happy to see Kris and Britt here, two great investigators. Fix the casting problems or you're going to lose viewers!

#18 DJGurg

DJGurg

Caprican

• Full Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 08:21 AM

The constant cast changes are ridiculous. Why do they keep getting rid of good investigators and bringing in mediocre ones. Robb, Brandy, Ashley, and Dustin have disappeared and now we have Susan who doesn't seem to have an original thought in her head. Everything she said in this episode was repeating facts or someone else's statements. I finally muted it during her comments. I am happy to see Kris and Britt here, two great investigators. Fix the casting problems or you're going to lose viewers!

I agree with you about bringing in kris. She has proven that she is a good investigator over the years. Britt isnt all that great, tho. I liked the show better when he wasnt on it. He should go back to GH. Its bad enough seeing him on that show.

#19 MrsA1969

MrsA1969

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 06:56 AM

I have to agree with 90% of these replies and also the original post. I have been trying hard to get past the cast changes but it's been difficult because the "skeptical side" of the show seems to have totally disappeared. I love Barry, even though we all know he isn't a skeptic he has always remained professional. Yet since he has taken the lead it's as though the show is becoming more about proving rather than disproving. I believe spirits walk among us, but Ghost Hunters and Ghost Hunters International are the only shows regarding the paranormal I will watch. Sometimes they debunk things I wouldn't debunk, and sometimes they accept things I would have laughed off. But the clincher for me is simply because they do try and approach it scientifically as skeptics. Ghost Hunters still has it going on but GHI is really getting lame. I feel like I'm watching High School kids, even in the investigators I have always loved. Someone mentioned the changes in Chris, they have bummed me out. She was always so professional and now... I just have to repeat myself. Looks like High School to me. And Susan... she is totally annoying. She needs to be on some other show that uses her "abilities" and accepts them as fact. I prefer to stick with the science and to view the evidence on my own to see if it's worthy to be called evidence. Watching her tonight was sad, I was watching one of my favorite shows become one of my least favorite shows. I do believe I will be changing my DVR settings to lose GHI in the future unless it changes. It looks to me like this is a new direction they are fond of and it is a journey I don't care to share with them. Hopefully Jason and Grant keep control of their show because if this is the future of GH and GHI... it's not a part of my future.

#20 Hosehead5

Hosehead5

Mansquito

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 January 2011 - 08:25 PM

I have to agree with 90% of these replies and also the original post. I have been trying hard to get past the cast changes but it's been difficult because the "skeptical side" of the show seems to have totally disappeared. I love Barry, even though we all know he isn't a skeptic he has always remained professional. Yet since he has taken the lead it's as though the show is becoming more about proving rather than disproving. I believe spirits walk among us, but Ghost Hunters and Ghost Hunters International are the only shows regarding the paranormal I will watch. Sometimes they debunk things I wouldn't debunk, and sometimes they accept things I would have laughed off. But the clincher for me is simply because they do try and approach it scientifically as skeptics. Ghost Hunters still has it going on but GHI is really getting lame. I feel like I'm watching High School kids, even in the investigators I have always loved. Someone mentioned the changes in Chris, they have bummed me out. She was always so professional and now... I just have to repeat myself. Looks like High School to me. And Susan... she is totally annoying. She needs to be on some other show that uses her "abilities" and accepts them as fact. I prefer to stick with the science and to view the evidence on my own to see if it's worthy to be called evidence. Watching her tonight was sad, I was watching one of my favorite shows become one of my least favorite shows. I do believe I will be changing my DVR settings to lose GHI in the future unless it changes. It looks to me like this is a new direction they are fond of and it is a journey I don't care to share with them. Hopefully Jason and Grant keep control of their show because if this is the future of GH and GHI... it's not a part of my future.

After watching the 1st 2 episodes of GHI, I have to say that I miss Rob and Brandy. It's too bad they are gone, whatever the reason was. I'm glad to see Kris with them, I liked her on GH but she does seem somewhat subdued on GHI, may be she's just getting her bearings? Barry is a good investigator but not so much as team leader. Overall I think GHI has gone downhill with this season's lineup.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users