• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 redsox2194

redsox2194

Mansquito

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 04:38 PM

I was listening to the the commentary for "Beyond Our Control" and it sounded like she was because they were joking about hiding her behind grocery bags in the chistmas episode. Can anyone confirm or deny?

#2 DoctorSong

DoctorSong

Viper Pilot

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 187 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 05:43 PM

I was listening to the the commentary for "Beyond Our Control" and it sounded like she was because they were joking about hiding her behind grocery bags in the chistmas episode. Can anyone confirm or deny?

I believe she is. Or was. I'm not sure if she had the baby yet, but I heard that she was pregnant and someone else told me that during one of the podcasts, Eddie joked about her being a fox who was having a foxette. (And it's also been said that her being pregnant might be one of the reasons she's not been in any episodes the last couple weeks.)

#3 pscard

pscard

Chosen One

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,710 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 08:23 PM

I searched the internet and couldn't find anything that says she is/was pregnant.

"Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called sons of God." (Matthew 5:9)

Let's declare 2014 as the Year of Love.

#4 Itoao

Itoao

Mansquito

• Full Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 10:25 PM

She is beautiful, pregnant or not! I would love to see more of her. <_<

#5 Bakamushi

Bakamushi

Minbari

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 288 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 04:55 AM

Ah that would explain a lot.

They could have invented a better exit though... Because just the headache thing and magic ball thing didn't much impress me.

#6 Birddiemac

Birddiemac

Minbari

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 245 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 01:39 PM

She was def. pregnant is season one even in the pilot she looked it, that's for sure, because was so showing in Duped & Elements by then. I was under the impression she already had it by now? If that's all she's gonna do on the show then I don't see the point in keeping her character at all and it appears from the podcast, she is pregnant again this season so I really give up trying to figure what is going on with Genelle Williams and her character Leena whom I've wanted a back story since season one. I thought the headache thing and Perl thing was lame too what drives me nuts is no mention up until now. Oh well. I always tend to lose the characters I like. At least mention Leena like they did in season one even if she's not there to simply ignore her like she doesn't exist drives me nuts. Thats like ignoring Artie if he wasn't on often enough. If she returns for season 3 I'll be surprised. Seriously how often can one be pregnant in two seasons?

I hate that either you want to act or you want to go play Mommy. Make up your mind? *eyeroll.

and what bugs me even more her IMDB says she's been in 16 eps of Warehouse oh really? shes good at being the invisible innkeeper then. The only reason I keep even sticking to this show is to see if they come back with Leena at all this year. They left that story still hanging at the end she was drawing something wonder if they'll pick up where they left off? ha, doubtful.

Christmas episode? So I gotta wait till then? Why even bother with the character? Not even worth the money they would have to
spend on her for a five second scene with no explanation as to where the character has been all this time?

#7 DoctorSong

DoctorSong

Viper Pilot

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 187 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 03:13 PM

I hate that either you want to act or you want to go play Mommy. Make up your mind? *eyeroll.

I cannot seem to find anything online about her children and/or pregnancy/pregnancies. (Though that would explain why Leena is always dressed in the babydoll tops.) But if she was pregnant in season one, how do you know that one or both pregnancies weren't unplanned? I have a friend who had both of her children unplanned while taking the pill. She got pregnant with the second only a few months after she had the first. It's entirely possible that the same could've happened with Genelle (and if she is expecting again so soon with a baby under one at home, it makes perfect sense why they/she has opted to be written out of the episodes instead of trying to hide the pregnancy all season) and she shouldn't get bashed just because her work/home life priorities are different than you think they should be.

#8 Birddiemac

Birddiemac

Minbari

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 245 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 08:10 PM

I cannot seem to find anything online about her children and/or pregnancy/pregnancies. (Though that would explain why Leena is always dressed in the babydoll tops.) But if she was pregnant in season one, how do you know that one or both pregnancies weren't unplanned? I have a friend who had both of her children unplanned while taking the pill. She got pregnant with the second only a few months after she had the first. It's entirely possible that the same could've happened with Genelle (and if she is expecting again so soon with a baby under one at home, it makes perfect sense why they/she has opted to be written out of the episodes instead of trying to hide the pregnancy all season) and she shouldn't get bashed just because her work/home life priorities are different than you think they should be.

Bashing? lol. Hardly. Oh and you won't find anything about her online, she doesn't do the internet and her IMDB bio is very bare. Doesn't even say if she's married.

I just wish these actresses would make up their minds either act or go play mommy in real life. You can't keep an acting job if you're always pregnant, it makes the writer's have to scramble to change their stories around. I don't care about their private life. They only are doing it doing so they get paid for their maternity leave anyway.

I really dont care anymore all I know is she ruining her own character by not being there.

Oh well, doesn't matter. Episodes are already filmed.

#9 SunKrux

SunKrux

Cyborg

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,332 posts

Posted 26 August 2010 - 10:44 PM

If you listen to the podcast (#208 on the podcast list) for Merge With Caution. Jack Kenny confirms that Genelle was pregnant during much of this season's filming. They did the podcast sometime last week, just before the ep appeared this week. He talked about how they were hiding her behind stuff during the filming of MWC and the Christmas special.

No actor should be bashed because they want to have a LIFE outside of their JOB.

Posted Image
Joanne Kelly Live Journal comm
Got Sarcasm?
Ship who you like, respect other ships, and play nice!
avatar & sig banner by me - no snurching w/out permission!

Disclaimer: My comments are my opinion it is neither right or wrong. Nor is it meant to insult anyone who doesn't agree with it. It's just how I see things. I won't tell you, you're wrong for not agreeing with me, if you don't tell me I'm wrong for not agreeing with you. Also, I am not attacking anyone when I express my opinion. If my opinion offends you, that's your problem. Talk to me rather than reporting me & getting posts deleted. Thank you.

#10 terse

terse

Peacekeeper

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 404 posts

Posted 27 August 2010 - 12:46 AM

They only are doing it doing so they get paid for their maternity leave anyway.

I just want to point this out.

They call that "sexism" where I'm from.

Posted Image

#11 txlucky1

txlucky1

Slan

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 14,106 posts

Posted 27 August 2010 - 12:56 AM

I just want to point this out.

They call that "sexism" where I'm from.

We all know that if men could get pregnant, they would never take any time off. Posted Image

Syfy member since April 1999

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users